GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• To be honest I think a more sensible solution to this but ultimately not acceptable to all I guess would be to plan on altering these shows to outside venues, you could then limit the amount of people inside for example - football grounds to lower numbers then would normally be the case. For example say old Trafford in Manchester holds 80,000 seated?, then you could allow the 40,000 who booked for the Arena shows x 2 to attend an outdoor show with more space and room for them. With the added bonus of the virus transmission not been as easy outside?. It would have benefits for the group and especially Phil not having to do 20 shows which could be more tiring given his poor health. I know it isn’t perfect but looking at this could be an option. I do believe they are planning on doing a trial of opening outdoor sporting venues later this year. You could fit the 40,000 for the two Manchester dates in Old Trafford and only need the one show and have plenty of room for social distancing . Also put seats instead of standing on the pitch.

You could then distribute the tickets based on purchase price paid initially, if you paid premium price you could sit in front of the stage and further back if you paid less. I know this is probably not agreeable to some given acoustics and the sound not being as good, but it’s a compromise I would accept!.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• There's plenty of reasons why people would want a refund. Perhaps the main one being putting yourself at risk. April seems far too early, as some others have stated too.

Really struggling to see what could possibly be more important than a Genesis concert.

• You're all being miserable pessimistic old so and so's. I've spent most of this year being depressed , stressed and angry so I need cheery stuff. I don't think they'll do April if there remains a risk. They can't put it too far back. Phil's not a well man. They have to try whilst they can. It's good that they are being optimistic or at least hopeful about the future, so I am going to try. Don't really have the money to get more tickets but thought about it for a second and decided life's too short. (Anyway haven't spent much recently) . My therapist is advising me to focus on the moment , and not worry about what I can't control. It's unlikely I'll feel like going if any of my vulnerable family die , but if I'm dead I'm still going to give it a try . So I'm accepting April for now and being hopeful that all will be well in eight months time. If it's not I'll deal with it then.

• I need something to be cheerful about. Going twice now. Got really good tickets this time. If it gets puts back again it does.

Yes I was going to London early on and Glasgow at the end, now it's Glasgow on the opening night and London final gig. I'm bookending.

If it happens...

Abandon all reason

• I feel a bit of a fraud to myself paying to see an ill man perform but if he’s up for it then so am I!, you’ve got to think about the logic of adding more and more shows though. I guess bands take out insurance beforehand in case things cannot happen?. but all power to him if he feels up to it then go for it. A lot of fans are probably of an elderly age now themselves but also a lot of fans will be new to the band and are more than likely overjoyed they are getting the opportunity to see true legends live for one last time. And I for one am grateful.

I guess regarding adding shows on top is due to demand to give more people the chance of seeing them but an open air slot would do that. I feel there will be open air dates added maybe a Glastonbury headline slot?.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• Yes I was going to London early on and Glasgow at the end, now it's Glasgow on the opening night and London final gig. I'm bookending.

If it happens...

You have the prime to tickets then . PG is a shoe in to do a turn on their last gig.!!! 😁

• And another thing. We should be pleased that so far they haven't cancelled altogether which has been a concern for many. They're still trying to go ahead. Come on Phil Tony and Mike.. You can do it!!

• You're all being miserable pessimistic old so and so's. I've spent most of this year being depressed , stressed and angry so I need cheery stuff. I don't think they'll do April if there remains a risk. They can't put it too far back. Phil's not a well man. They have to try whilst they can. It's good that they are being optimistic or at least hopeful about the future, so I am going to try. Don't really have the money to get more tickets but thought about it for a second and decided life's too short. (Anyway haven't spent much recently) . My therapist is advising me to focus on the moment , and not worry about what I can't control. It's unlikely I'll feel like going if any of my vulnerable family die , but if I'm dead I'm still going to give it a try . So I'm accepting April for now and being hopeful that all will be well in eight months time. If it's not I'll deal with it then.

Well this so and so has been an eternal optimist his whole life and in this case I don't feel I'm being a pessimist. More like a realist as I just can't see things being back to normal enough by April to have indoor gigs.

If we were talking Summer 2021 and outdoor shows I'd be a heck of a lot more optimistic about them happening. To be clear though, I hope I'm wrong and the shows starting in April can go on without a hitch. It would certainly be a huge pick me up for everyone and I know I'd be checking out YouTube like a madman. ;)

We're not being miserable pessimistic old so and so's! We're just being realistic.

• To be honest I think a more sensible solution to this but ultimately not acceptable to all I guess would be to plan on altering these shows to outside venues, you could then limit the amount of people inside for example - football grounds to lower numbers then would normally be the case. For example say old Trafford in Manchester holds 80,000 seated?, then you could allow the 40,000 who booked for the Arena shows x 2 to attend an outdoor show with more space and room for them. With the added bonus of the virus transmission not been as easy outside?. It would have benefits for the group and especially Phil not having to do 20 shows which could be more tiring given his poor health. I know it isn’t perfect but looking at this could be an option. I do believe they are planning on doing a trial of opening outdoor sporting venues later this year. You could fit the 40,000 for the two Manchester dates in Old Trafford and only need the one show and have plenty of room for social distancing . Also put seats instead of standing on the pitch.

You could then distribute the tickets based on purchase price paid initially, if you paid premium price you could sit in front of the stage and further back if you paid less. I know this is probably not agreeable to some given acoustics and the sound not being as good, but it’s a compromise I would accept!.

Interesting suggestion. Maybe it's a failure of imagination on my part but I can't see 40,000 people in one place come April.

• Well I'm staying up beat about the new dates . I have no doubt they won't go ahead if it's not safe.

I have just bought tickets to see Nick Mason Saucerful Of Secrets on April 18th so still staying hopeful for then . We all know realistically we can't predict the future but we need stuff to look forward to..

• True this. A diabetic septuagenarian taking deep breaths with thousands of adoring fans expelling virions with gusto in his direction. Throwing It All Away sounds like a very high risk dare in the circumstances.

Maybe they could play behind a perspex screen. I'm not being entirely facetious!

Abandon all reason

• For example say old Trafford in Manchester holds 80,000 seated?, then you could allow the 40,000 who booked for the Arena shows x 2 to attend an outdoor show with more space and room for them. With the added bonus of the virus transmission not been as easy outside?. It would have benefits for the group and especially Phil not having to do 20 shows which could be more tiring given his poor health. I know it isn’t perfect but looking at this could be an option. I do believe they are planning on doing a trial of opening outdoor sporting venues later this year. You could fit the 40,000 for the two Manchester dates in Old Trafford and only need the one show and have plenty of room for social distancing . Also put seats instead of standing on the pitch.

Radiohead did this in 2017 (without the distancing stuff obviously) when their x2 Manc Arena gigs were pulled following the terrorist bombing there. Tickets for those became usable in a single combined gig at the cricket ground, allocated as closely as possible according to the original tickets you had (or a refund if you preferred).

So there's precedent but of course there'd be logistics of matching venues.

Incidentally - I know it was just an example on your part but just to say, from that Radiohead gig there Old Trafford Cricket Ground in my experience is possibly the worst music venue I've ever been to.

Abandon all reason

• Wouldn't surprise me if these re-arranged dates were already being held for insurance purposes - especially with the additional dates they've now been able to add - in case the initial dates had to be cancelled for some reason. Although who could have forseen Covid.

I wonder if for legal and contractual reasons they're then obliged to move to these dates even if the feeling is the Covid situation may not have changed enough by then? The question then is what options are left open to them if these dates then fall by the wayside. Will there be another set of dates now in place as further insurance or will they have to pull to the plug?

The idea of reverting to stadiums might be a good one but then availability and number required would become a factor to cater for everyone with an existing ticket without having to scrap the whole tour and start again.

• The idea of reverting to stadiums might be a good one but then availability and number required would become a factor to cater for everyone with an existing ticket without having to scrap the whole tour and start again.

I think changing to Football Stadiums would be far easier than booking 12 arenas again, you probably could get away with five or Six. Only issue is the stage set which no doubt is already into the finalised stage in storage by now!, that would need a complete redesign and add to the costs already incurred ?. They may well already have an outside stage designed just in case they decided to go Stateside and play outdoor events?. An interesting topic though.

Wembley two dates

Manchester one date

Scotland stadium - ibrox , Celtic Park or Murryfield

Cardiff - Millennium Stadium

Dublin - Croke Park

Birmingham - Villa Park

That’s 300,000 people accommodated, I don’t know how many tickets they have sold?.

• I don't think we'll be able to see them as early as April. I only hope they will postpone and not cancel the tour.

Would be nice to see them record a couple of new songs until then, but I doubt that's going to happen...

... make tomorrow today!

• There'd be some sense and logic to this but at the sacrifice of the audience experience.

Abandon all reason

• I don't think we'll be able to see them as early as April. I only hope they will postpone and not cancel the tour.

Would be nice to see them record a couple of new songs until then, but I doubt that's going to happen...

I agree with all this.

Abandon all reason

• Interesting suggestion. Maybe it's a failure of imagination on my part but I can't see 40,000 people in one place come April.

I should have expanded a little further, I meant later in the summer for the alternative open air shows ie, June July or August.

• I want to see them indoors. Much better.They're gearing up for an indoor show. An arena show is a while different thing. Hoping all will be good in April. Time to think other things if and when it becomes apparent April's no good.