GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Taking each day as it comes. Looking forward to seeing Genesis and hopefully will be April. I might go in a rubber suit and gas mask. Nothing to do with the virus it's just something I like to do!😁

• How are we all thinking about these shows now with the new 6 month of regulations that were announced yesterday, it really puts this into a different perspective. From what I’m reading and watching test events are now postponed until further notice. I don’t think April is looking any good at all now, and I can see The Musical Box been postponed yet again as that’s within the 6 months of extended measures?.

• I don't see the shows happening in April. Even if they did shows in April in general, this would be with 25% capacity or something like that - how would they do that with already sold out shows?

• I fear you may be correct. In 2022 Phil will be 71 and is already a bit frail. It’s possible that his health may improve rather than deteriorate and we have to hope that happens- for his sake as much as anything else.

• I fear you may be correct. In 2022 Phil will be 71 and is already a bit frail. It’s possible that his health may improve rather than deteriorate and we have to hope that happens- for his sake as much as anything else.

Yes that's the hope isn't it, it actually gives him more time to improve. I'm worried they might just think it's becoming more trouble than it's worth.

• If they do cancel they could keep my money for the two tickets x two shows in exchange for 2 x full set of the SACD/DVD box sets! - not the same as seeing them again but I’d manage!. Pressing plants please take note !!!

• I never thought the rescheduled shows would happen and I agree the next step will likely be full cancellation.

I agree with you, I can’t see them happening now unfortunately. Even if the R Number over here drops to the levels of a month or so ago, in January it’s not going to prompt test events restarting (that’s my guess). I can’t see any concerts of this scale at all until either there is a massive immunity in the population or the population has had 3/4 vaccination. It’s just not going to happen sadly. They won’t take chances on 20,000 people being under one roof, maybe 5,000 in a 20,000 arena but full attendance no chance.

• I was surprised they pushed it only to April. Seemed like a better bet to just push it a full year, but there may have been other reasons not to go out that far.

Hey in the meantime they can go dig up the soundboard shows sitting in the archives at the Farm and get them released online to hold everyone over.

• I was surprised they pushed it only to April. Seemed like a better bet to just push it a full year, but there may have been other reasons not to go out that far.

Hey in the meantime they can go dig up the soundboard shows sitting in the archives at the Farm and get them released online to hold everyone over.

I have always wondered what Genesis have left in the vault. You see bands issuing these gargantuan rereleases with 5cds for an album for example, but I feel like there's a (relative) paucity of extra material from genesis.

Regarding the tour, I share everyone's pessimism. Even if there is a vaccine, it will not have been widely distributed at that point. Prioritized groups will get it first. Concert goers second. And even if there is a widely available vaccine, they will know more about safety at that point than efficacy, so I question whether large scale indoor gatherings will resume immediately anyway. Besides, the likeliest candidates seem like they will have to be frozen to minus 90 and given in two doses, so there are some *minor* logistics to figure out there.

• The only silver lining is that the public health measures in place seem to have crushed the flu season so far. So the feared twin threat of flu and covid combining to cause our health systems to explode in flames mightn't turn out to be a thing.

I still think a tour in April ain't gonna happen though.

• Of course it will happen. By April I'll still be alive , so will my family everything will be fine and the tour will go.ahead.. it'll be Great . Really looking forward to it.

• If/when its cancelled I would think they'd be tempted to forget the idea.

But from a purely financial perspective, they've probably sunk a bit of money into it already, so hopefully they'll want to get that back.

Everybody wins

• Roll on April...come on boys you can do it ! The issues with cancelling shows are big for the promoters and arenas. They may decide to some additional shows outdoors...maybe Hyde Park BST?...personally would much prefer smaller indoor venues

• Official Post

We Wait And We Wonder ;)

Regarding a possible reschedule - SOLO are the promoters and they usually have a lot of dates booked without knowing who will play. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they came up with something in autumn. But let's see what's possible in April first