GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• This should of been a great christmas with memories of the tour lingering in our minds

Hope im wrong but sadly think March/April 2021 is too soon for big indoor concerts even with the good proximity of the venues (it's all located in the same Isle and not a world/european tour). If it's to be rescheduled once again let's hope it can be done in Autumn 2021

• This should of been a great christmas with memories of the tour lingering in our minds

Hope im wrong but sadly think March/April 2021 is too soon for big indoor concerts even with the good proximity of the venues (it's all located in the same Isle and not a world/european tour). If it's to be rescheduled once again let's hope it can be done in Autumn 2021

I can’t see it happening 2021 probably April 2022 with all this what’s happening in the Uk with the mutant strain of the virus. Not a chance I’m afraid!. Also by April I would guess that not even half of the country will have been vaccinated and they more than likely won’t let you come into the show without it.

• I can’t see it happening 2021 probably April 2022 with all this what’s happening in the Uk with the mutant strain of the virus. Not a chance I’m afraid!. Also by April I would guess that not even half of the country will have been vaccinated and they more than likely won’t let you come into the show without it.

I agree that April 2021 is highly unlikely. I think they will postpone the shows until fall

• I was listening to a radio broadcast yesterday and they were interviewing a guy who worked in the live music and performance industry here in the UK, and he gave some very interesting thoughts about concerts for next year. He was involved with tours and live events and obviously had a lot of knowledge as to the state of play with concerts. He said that he didn’t think any concerts would be back to normal before the end of next year at the earliest and most likely 2022. He said the new virus mutation has really affected planning for any live events. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Official Post

I think we cannot predict too much until we finally know how the government will try to get back to normal at some point in 2021.

Since the UK is not part of the EU anymore, it may produce regulations on different levels. Allot of ticket holders are not from the UK...

• hard to see this happening in April 202. Let's hope its moved to Autumn 21 which I think we will see gigs return. Another problem is Arenas could be booked up

Its a real wait and see thing

A lot of people won't be vaccinated by April, so cannot see it happening. IMO shouldn't be happening for this reason alone.

• Here’s hoping we won’t have all this “Jab and Go” situation which we are seeing on a famous companies adverts here in the UK. At this rate probably 10% of those who are attending will be vaccinated and what’s the betting most of those will have only had one jab !!.
    I can see it being a stipulation of attending such shows when we eventually get back to reality.

• Here’s hoping we won’t have all this “Jab and Go” situation which we are seeing on a famous companies adverts here in the UK. At this rate probably 10% of those who are attending will be vaccinated and what’s the betting most of those will have only had one jab !!.
    I can see it being a stipulation of attending such shows when we eventually get back to reality.

I'm not liking the fact that the UK may wait for up to 12 weeks between jabs, and even then they may mix vaccines if they run out of the first one you had. Shouldn't be allowed! Pfizer don't recommend this at all.

• I’d say it’s a certainty April won’t be happening now, lockdown till the middle of February here in the UK as a minimum leaves 6 weeks approx to be back to full concerts - no chance at all, they need to let us know as surely they must know by now that it won’t be happening?. Refund all the money and cancel is the only logical option. With the new strain now been the dominant one chances are such large event’s would be more risky to put on and logistically more impractical?. So I think cancelling should be considered. £900 is a lot of money to be left in Ticketmaster’s account for two years and I for one could do with it!.

Obviously I would be gutted as everyone else but you have to look at the bigger picture, would everyone enjoy a show in such circumstances - I doubt it.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• I’d say it’s a certainty April won’t be happening now, lockdown till the middle of February here in the UK as a minimum leaves 6 weeks approx to be back to full concerts - no chance at all, they need to let us know as surely they must know by now that it won’t be happening?. Refund all the money and cancel is the only logical option. With the new strain now been the dominant one chances are such large event’s would be more risky to put on and logistically more impractical?. So I think cancelling should be considered. £900 is a lot of money to be left in Ticketmaster’s account for two years and I for one could do with it!.

Obviously I would be gutted as everyone else but you have to look at the bigger picture, would everyone enjoy a show in such circumstances - I doubt it.

I agree, absolutely no chance of these going ahead.

As for "Jab & Go", you might as well name the culprit, Ryanair, and the ads don't even promise refunds, just rebookings. Scum!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• As an American I just want to say how refreshing it is to come to this board and hear rational people talk in a sensible manner on the virus. I’m fed up with all these damn Trump-lovers in the US who deny the virus exists and think the whole thing (including the vaccines) are nothing but a giant conspiracy and hoax. I had to switch doctors last summer because the one I had been seeing went off while examining me, ranting about how the whole “virus thing” is overblown and nothing to worry about. If this keeps up my wife and I will be looking to retire in Costa Rica in a few years.

• I'd love to see the tour been rescheduled to Autumn 2021, be so annoyed if it's cancelled but suppose it's very possible and they might just announce another tour in the next few years

Here in Ireland were going back into full lockdown which going by our standards last year will be very slow opening up again. Mass gatherings of more than 500 has not even been discussed

• Official Post

I'd love to see the tour been rescheduled to Autumn 2021, be so annoyed if it's cancelled but suppose it's very possible and they might just announce another tour in the next few years

Here in Ireland were going back into full lockdown which going by our standards last year will be very slow opening up again. Mass gatherings of more than 500 has not even been discussed

Problem is: They are not getting any younger ....

• Absolutely zero chance of these shows in April. I think we all know that.

As for when, it's anyone's guess. My fear is that they may just opt to cancel the whole thing but this really depends purely on Phil surely. He's the one with the health issues.

The future looks so uncertain on all levels and what tomorrow may bring, who knows!