GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Sadly my confidence in the gig happening in September is going down hill fast, were in a bad place in the Republic of Ireland in terms of the Vaccine roll out and having an over cautious government/health officials. 6 Months time is still a bit away but no way can i see us having enough people vaccinated and allowing large mass gatherings

Id almost travel over to one of the UK shows if those dates go ahead with the Dublin shows cancelled

• Can’t see these shows happening at all this year just got news Steven Wilson has completely cancelled his tour now. Also Nick Mason Saucerful of Secrets have yet again cancelled the twice re arranged dates. No chance. Was feeling optimistic due to the vaccine roll out been such a success, but I didn’t factor in the people from abroad whom have probably bought a lot of tickets. Unfortunately I doubt they will be able to come to the UK to see these shows. Just ain’t going to happen, this virus is causing never ending cancellations and it’s showing no sign of getting any better sadly.

• Can’t see these shows happening at all this year just got news Steven Wilson has completely cancelled his tour now. Also Nick Mason Saucerful of Secrets have yet again cancelled the twice re arranged dates. No chance. Was feeling optimistic due to the vaccine roll out been such a success, but I didn’t factor in the people from abroad whom have probably bought a lot of tickets. Unfortunately I doubt they will be able to come to the UK to see these shows. Just ain’t going to happen, this virus is causing never ending cancellations and it’s showing no sign of getting any better sadly.

Compared to what Nick Mason did as you say, Roger Waters has only announced that the whole 2020 tour had been postponed but gave no new dates. His notice ended by saying: "If it saves ONE life, it is worth it."

But sad thing is, they are both not getting any younger to still be touring :(

From my end, I'm excited to share the news that I have my appointment to receive my first annoculation vaccine next Monday, YAY!! :)

• On a similar note I had an open air show booked for June this year which has now been put back three months to September 21st. You would have hopefully thought that an Open air concert event in June would be feasible ?. How they consider three months is going to make a difference !!. And to boot all the hotel and transport particulars that I’ve had booked to re arrange (got a great deal on the hotel which for the new date is £40 more!!) . The group is Biffy Clyro if anyone is interested. So now every concert that I’ve got booked has had an alternative date pencilled in now, some of them have been changed twice and one show three times. As yet I’ve had no doubling up of dates which is a miracle but there is time !!.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• Although I tend to be optimistic, I have a bad feeling this tour won’t be happening at all and we will have some sort of documentary instead, about the last effort of the band that was stopped by Covid.
    They have filmed the rehearsals, so that’s an option.

I still hike they will find a way to make this tour happen, but I have my doubts. Packed arenas with fans from all over Europe and even beyond ... not sure.

• I know quite a few musicians, from part timers who play small gigs to a couple of A-listers. In the last two weeks they've all started taking bookings for indoor and outdoor events beginning in July. Music venues of all sizes in England are gearing up in anticipation of reopening.

The caveat is that if opening stuff up over the summer causes serious increases in infection rates or deaths and hospitalisations, there will be rethinks on Autumn and winter events.

We're at a point where something like 60% of the UK will have immunity very soon due to vaccines and people recovered from infection. By September we will easily have hit that 75% needed for "herd immunity" though there remains concern over new variants (escaped mutants as the scientists actually call them!) and in all likelihood we won't be able to welcome many visitors from abroad. I don't know how many ticket holders are from outside the UK, I'd assume most are UK residents so the current concerts in the UK are fairly likely to go ahead.

• I know quite a few musicians, from part timers who play small gigs to a couple of A-listers. In the last two weeks they've all started taking bookings for indoor and outdoor events beginning in July. Music venues of all sizes in England are gearing up in anticipation of reopening.

The caveat is that if opening stuff up over the summer causes serious increases in infection rates or deaths and hospitalisations, there will be rethinks on Autumn and winter events.

We're at a point where something like 60% of the UK will have immunity very soon due to vaccines and people recovered from infection. By September we will easily have hit that 75% needed for "herd immunity" though there remains concern over new variants (escaped mutants as the scientists actually call them!) and in all likelihood we won't be able to welcome many visitors from abroad. I don't know how many ticket holders are from outside the UK, I'd assume most are UK residents so the current concerts in the UK are fairly likely to go ahead.

Not sure how you get 60% of the UK? Bear in mind that most people have only had one shot of vaccine. Also, some concerts are still being rescheduled for 2022.

• Official Post

Not sure how you get 60% of the UK? Bear in mind that most people have only had one shot of vaccine. Also, some concerts are still being rescheduled for 2022.

I thought the same. And: Would they really go for something like "you can only enter the venue when you are fully vaccinated"? I doubt that.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What song are they playing where there are tons of toilet paper rolls tumbling on the screen behind them?!

I imagine this is for Land of Confusion, which is going to be re-purposed as a song about the pandemic and lockdown etc (don't know if it happened elsewhere but in the UK people were panic-buying toilet paper this time last year)

• I think the "Land of Confusion" extract comes from the rehearsal, because it is in B minor, and I hear that Phil's voice is kind of dubbed by the backing singers. But "Mama" comes from the album version (it's in E minor, it should have been way lower, if it had come from the rehearsals). I have serious doubts about that song, since the vocals are very demanding, but who knows...

• The one person that needs to be on a riser, Phil, isn't on one. Very difficult to see him at some venues when people are stood up on the floor. Jon Anderson uses one standing up.

Another recent (itchy bearded) Nic interview on YT discussing the gigs and preparation.

Perhaps he will be on a riser at some venues? I guess we all have to wait and see how they modify the show going forward.

• https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ica-in-November-n724.html

interesting quote from this ' While Mike seems to be not so sure about the UK shows ("I can't see it at the moment")'

TBH listening to the segment of the podcast the quote is taken out of context a bit and Mike is positive and 100% wants the tour to go ahead as planned

ATM here in Ireland were waiting on a new covid roadmap but in the past large mass gatherings have not been discussed. Wait and see situation

• yes this was about all those things that are currently discussed to make shows happen, i.e. tests, social distancing etc. And I also think that the phrase "can't see it at the moment" doesn't mean they will 100% postpone again. Could also mean things might look better soon.

My own feeling still is: UK shows won't happen in September.

... make tomorrow today!