GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• I’m watching what the government are doing with these trial events for example 2,000 fans in an open air football stadium that can seat 90,000 - a little conservative if you ask me and that was on Sunday of last week at Wembley Stadium!. The World Snooker seems more realistic in that they are gradually increasing attendances over the fortnight to hopefully have full capacity indoors for the final if all goes well with the feedback they get from tests of those who attend. Currently I think they are around 300 in a 900 seated indoor Arena with no problems touch wood!. I think looking at 20,000 in Manchester Arena singing and Hollering their appreciation of Our heroes is pushing it?. Snooker on the other hand is a more or less library type situation were people don’t exactly jump about or sing for 90 mins!. Mind you I’m not saying Genesis fans have a tendency to jump about!, but I have seen the occasional hand aloft.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• With the way Ireland is battling covid and the irritating cautious approach making mass gatherings very very doubtful even after summer I have made a plan b if/when the Dublin shows will be cancelled

Booked a free cancellation hotel in Birmingham for the 21st Sep show and will hoepfully get a cheap flight and pick up a ticket

• I haven't heard the podcast but thanks for confirming my suspicion that the hysterical headline was taken out of context. Elsewhere Mike is talking about the Autumn shows not only taking place, but leading to shows in other countries later.

• my diary has reminded me that off to the 02 tonight to see the boys😄. Looking forward to it....see you all at the bar and wait for the opening strains of the mellotron to open the show with Watcher !

• my diary has reminded me that off to the 02 tonight to see the boys😄. Looking forward to it....see you all at the bar and wait for the opening strains of the mellotron to open the show with Watcher !

LOL ... well, sad, isn't it?

Let's hope this tour will happen and we can all enjoy the show ... maybe for the very last time!

• Has anyone actually received any physical tickets yet?. I booked on the phone for one of my two planned shows, and therefore it doesn’t show on the Ticketmaster application as an E Ticket (booked with Ticketmaster direct). This is for the first Leeds Arena Show and I’m wondering if tickets are going to be sent out?.

I saw them last night. You're gonna love it.

Spoiler...

• I saw them last night. You're gonna love it.

Spoiler...

yes I to was amazed by the 20 minute rendition and the vaudeville routine that accompanied it , the video backdrop showing vintage coopers assembling such things ( a now rare profession ), was worth the entry price alone.

• Reckon this leg could get moved to Spring 2022 if it has to be rescheduled once again

Tbh come summer this year I could see the Dublin shows been canned if its a case of the UK govenment allowing Arena sized shows to take place. No point in rescheduling the leg for the sake of 2 Dublin shows

• Reckon this leg could get moved to Spring 2022 if it has to be rescheduled once again

Tbh come summer this year I could see the Dublin shows been canned if its a case of the UK govenment allowing Arena sized shows to take place. No point in rescheduling the leg for the sake of 2 Dublin shows

Hope the Irish government allows it. I think enough vaccines will be available at that point that anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be. Why cancel it for the vaccine hesitant? I know variants remain a concern, but I think we are beyond the silver rainbow already so to speak! A "post covid" world that's not really post-covid, but rather post crisis where covid is still with us and will flare from time to time like the flu, but shouldn't result in the gears of civilization grinding to a halt. Nphet has been ultra conservative throughout but a point must come when they realize continued restrictions are unhelpful.

• I would still be nervous being in a venue with 12000 - 14000 others this autumn. Even though I would really love to see them again (for probably the last time) I am really not sure what I would do if they do not reschedule again.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I'm a bit odd in which id always look up setlists before i go for toilet/drink break reasons but atm i'll be going to Dublin night 1 and as we know its the opening night of the tour so i wont know the setlist. Ill have to try and not drink much that night as i don't want to be rushing to the bar/toilet and end up missing something like 'Follow You Follow Me'. 'Invisible Touch' etc

• I'm a bit odd in which id always look up setlists before i go for toilet/drink break reasons but atm i'll be going to Dublin night 1 and as we know its the opening night of the tour so i wont know the setlist. Ill have to try and not drink much that night as i don't want to be rushing to the bar/toilet and end up missing something like 'Follow You Follow Me'. 'Invisible Touch' etc

https://www.depend.com/en-us/i…e-products/help-me-choose

Have your booze, and drink it! I for one am envious the whole thing will be a genuine discovery.