GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Sounds promising for the UK based fans with the report out that o2 Arena is going back to full capacity in August

Here in the Republic Of Ireland there's talk of trial events taken place over June/July but still feel were a long way off allowing Arena sized gigs. Dublin shows will be cancelled if the others can go ahead

• Sounds promising for the UK based fans with the report out that o2 Arena is going back to full capacity in August

Here in the Republic Of Ireland there's talk of trial events taken place over June/July but still feel were a long way off allowing Arena sized gigs. Dublin shows will be cancelled if the others can go ahead

I don't think the O2 should be saying this. It's too early to make such an announcement.

• Officially announced by the Irish Government that pilot events will take place over June/July but all outdoor. From Aug 2nd only 100s allowed inside indoor venues

https://www.thejournal.ie/spec…-in-june-5450914-May2021/

Looking like the Dublin shows will be cancelled

I never really understood these pilot events we had in the UK. Was it just a work opportunity scheme for scientists? People had a negative covid test before the event and then packed in like in the old days and guess what, nobody got covid. Surely rather than opening up entirely on June 21st ( now likely to be delayed anyway). We should be saying that indoor events with more than 500 people should have to provide a negative test or proof of vaccination. Nobody wants to have to provide a certificate to go down the pub but should be easy enough to do with large events. Otherwise what is the point of these pilot events?

• In the US here, Madison Square Garden now has a policy of "no shot, no entry" basically, which means you can't attend any event without proof of a vaccine. This is a very dangerous path as far as I am concerned. This is a path toward segregation of the population which definitely rubs me the wrong way. I hope other venues choose differently.

• In the US here, Madison Square Garden now has a policy of "no shot, no entry" basically, which means you can't attend any event without proof of a vaccine. This is a very dangerous path as far as I am concerned. This is a path toward segregation of the population which definitely rubs me the wrong way. I hope other venues choose differently.

Under present circumstances I'm not averse to the idea, but I'm curious what kind of proof would have to be shown.

Up in my neck of the woods, we just get a peel-off sticker that says "I've been vaccinated."

Perhaps in other jurisdictions, they give you something with your name and an official stamp from local health authorities.

• Official Post

Under present circumstances I'm not averse to the idea, but I'm curious what kind of proof would have to be shown.

Up in my neck of the woods, we just get a peel-off sticker that says "I've been vaccinated."

Perhaps in other jurisdictions, they give you something with your name and an official stamp from local health authorities.

A sticker is not an official medical record of sorts. Usually you get a card that shows the dates that you received the shots.

• Official Post

Maybe denying entry to things people REALLY want to do will encourage improved vaccination rates. People refuse to believe that this was a deadly disease that needs to be curbed through a combination of vaccination and unfortunately herd immunity. All this politicalization has led to ignorance. The right to decide is everyone’s god given right, but let’s be smart about it and realize science is on our side. The positivities rates dropping around the country is the proof in the pudding, as they say.

• Maybe denying entry to things people REALLY want to do will encourage improved vaccination rates. People refuse to believe that this was a deadly disease that needs to be curbed through a combination of vaccination and unfortunately herd immunity. All this politicalization has led to ignorance. The right to decide is everyone’s god given right, but let’s be smart about it and realize science is on our side. The positivities rates dropping around the country is the proof in the pudding, as they say.

I would say the politicalization of the issue has led possibly to more deaths. There have been treatments banned, alternative views and information suppressed, all in the name of making this thing into more of a nightmarish scenario than it should be in reality. I know many folks don't believe this because it isn't "mainstream" thinking, but when freedoms are being quickly eroded it makes me think about the reasons why and what impact will this have on our future, both for us and future generations. And for the record, I am not a pro-Trump person.

• I would say the politicalization of the issue has led possibly to more deaths. There have been treatments banned, alternative views and information suppressed, all in the name of making this thing into more of a nightmarish scenario than it should be in reality. I know many folks don't believe this because it isn't "mainstream" thinking, but when freedoms are being quickly eroded it makes me think about the reasons why and what impact will this have on our future, both for us and future generations. And for the record, I am not a pro-Trump person.

I really don’t want to make this a political thread but care to actually offer some evidence to support your claims? What treatments have been banned? Information suppressed? If you’re going to just throw stuff out there, how about backing it up?

What exactly does “led possibly to more deaths” mean? :rolleyes: I mean isn’t the exact opposite “possibly” true as well?

• It seems to me to be quite simple- if horrific. The virus is real. The only real way out is by vaccination. Vaccinations require most people to have them to work. I count my blessings I live in a country where I can get hold of a vaccine and I am the envy of my friends and acquaintances in countries where vaccines are a distant hope. Anything else is secondary for now and whilst I am sure politics will be being played along the way, and freedoms curtailed, possible unnecessarily at times, that can wait until we are all (across the globe) as safe as we can be

• It seems to me to be quite simple- if horrific. The virus is real. The only real way out is by vaccination. Vaccinations require most people to have them to work. I count my blessings I live in a country where I can get hold of a vaccine and I am the envy of my friends and acquaintances in countries where vaccines are a distant hope. Anything else is secondary for now and whilst I am sure politics will be being played along the way, and freedoms curtailed, possible unnecessarily at times, that can wait until we are all (across the globe) as safe as we can be

Well said.

• Official Post

Besides a discussion about politics, we are all curious and waiting for the rules that apply to the upcoming gigs and that’s the time when we will have facts. In Europe, the Most likely way will be a vaccination proof or a negative test to access the concert.

• Besides a discussion about politics, we are all curious and waiting for the rules that apply to the upcoming gigs and that’s the time when we will have facts. In Europe, the Most likely way will be a vaccination proof or a negative test to access the concert.

It might’ve been posted in another thread but Madison Square Garden in NYC is going to have their first full house concert in the next week or so with the Foo Fighters. Proof of vaccination is the only way to be allowed in.

• Official Post

It might’ve been posted in another thread but Madison Square Garden in NYC is going to have their first full house concert in the next week or so with the Foo Fighters. Proof of vaccination is the only way to be allowed in.

ok. but this may also change until Genesis will be in the states. The UK / Ireland tour is earlier. I want to go to Glasgow. I hope this is possible then - I mean to travel etc. I am fully vaccinated, so that won't be a problem (for me).

• ok. but this may also change until Genesis will be in the states. The UK / Ireland tour is earlier. I want to go to Glasgow. I hope this is possible then - I mean to travel etc. I am fully vaccinated, so that won't be a problem (for me).

No question this policy could change by then. I just wanted to keep the forum informed on what’s happening right now.

As far as I know not all States have this same requirement though.

• Christian,

I’m also fully vaccinated. I don't think that should be a problem on this side. I will also be at the Glasgow concert (Friday, October 8). Maybe we could meet there before?

I'm especially worried about the quarantine measures still in place for foreigners. I hope they will lift the restrictions, otherwise it will be difficult for me to come.

So, I’m waiting to see if I can get my plane tickets.

See you soon,

Benjamin

• Official Post

indeed. I hope it will be as easy as that: show your vaccination certificate and then visit the show and you won't be quarantined.

At the moment, numbers are rising again in the UK, which makes me worry. So we have to wait. If we go, I'm sure we can find a way to meet up :)