GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Reckon an announcement could be coming this week with Thursday 15th July been only 2 months to the proposed start of the tour in Dublin

Looking like English Arenas could be open at full capacity by the Autumn. Hardly do only English cities with the others in early 2022

• They may postpone Dublin until they do a European leg. But to me that doesn't seem likely. Nobudy knows what the plan for Europe os right now. If they do stadiums, then Dublin wouldn't make much sense. On the other hand, Phil's own shows in mainland Europe also were a mix between arenas and stadiums.

We wait and we wonder...

• looking like you need a EU covid cert or whatever the UK equivalent to get into Arenas

Got my Covid vaccine today (J&J), still very hard to see the Dublin gigs happening as scheduled but maybe the English gigs might happen in September/October and I'll travel over for one of them

• Official Post

Still it’s unclear whether or not you need to quarantine yourself etc .

I haven’t checked this week but recently the UK did not accept vaccines from outside the UK. Hast that changed?

• In Scotland we moved to level 0 yesterday. Indoor stadiums are still limited to a maximum of 400 people. More restrictions are hoping to get lifted on Aug 9 but that is all dependent on how the next 3 weeks go.

How late can Genesis leave it to decide one way or another whether some or all of the UK dates will happen?

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Gentlemen, ladies: manners, please!

Is that it? Your response to a totally unacceptable post by a repeat offender? "Manners, please!" No wonder this place is going to the dogs, there is no effective moderation taking place here at all. You've had the same person make comments about Nazi Germany being alive and well, You've belittled someone who criticized his post about Wuppertal (The poster was from Dresden. Do you not think he was well aware of the comments you made about the Jordan river, he probably knows them better than you. I've known him for over 10 years and found him to be a worthy member and good judge of right and wrong).

We had the SCD fiasco drag on for nearly 2 years due to gutless moderation, with the majority of forum members sick to the back teeth of his attitude and posturing. Are we to have the same again?

Grow some bloody teeth and a backbone, before we all move on. FFS!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Is that it? Your response to a totally unacceptable post by a repeat offender? "Manners, please!" No wonder this place is going to the dogs, there is no effective moderation taking place here at all. You've had the same person make comments about Nazi Germany being alive and well, You've belittled someone who criticized his post about Wuppertal (The poster was from Dresden. Do you not think he was well aware of the comments you made about the Jordan river, he probably knows them better than you. I've known him for over 10 years and found him to be a worthy member and good judge of right and wrong).

We had the SCD fiasco drag on for nearly 2 years due to gutless moderation, with the majority of forum members sick to the back teeth of his attitude and posturing. Are we to have the same again?

Grow some bloody teeth and a backbone, before we all move on. FFS!

it would have been nice to send this via personal message / conversation to me and Martinus.

When you reported this post (or better: when I took

Notice of that), I was in the middle of a Ray Wilson interview and quickly removed the post in question, Martinus removed then the ones related to that.

I will have a closer look tomorrow.

Besides, is “FFS” appropriate?

In addition, there will be a new Moderator very soon (I am happy that he agreed to help since I can’t do everything in my own)

now back to topic please.

• It might have been "nice", but I think the time for that is past. I think the members need to see that this isn't just becoming a wild west town, with no law and no-one taking any notice of offenders.

I personally think FFS is pretty much the nail on the head. I'm not sure why there is so much reluctance to eject repeat offenders. The old forum was "3 strikes and your gone", less for a major offence. I even had one guy leave in a huff as he knew he was about to be pushed. I forget what he called me, but it wasn't as bad as the name used by the "major offence" guy. Sad thing is, it was his only offence in over 10000 posts and I'd have given him a warning, but someone else pushed his button before I could act.

So, you see, I believe there is a time for leniency, but not for repeat offenders. Leopards don't change their spots. Old English saying. Feel free to use it! 8)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Oh I thought I was quite mild! Mind you it was worth it to see my notifications say "Martinus TRASHED your post" 😂

Haha I logged back after a week of inactivity to find the same thing. I was looking forward to finding some profanity laden shredding of my missives but sadly trashed is just an over the top synonym for deleted.

• I agree. We will be in contact with the supplier of the forum software and see if that can be changed.

Aw, I quite like the image of an enraged moderator going GRAAAARRRGGGH like the Hulk while hurling a post to the floor, stamping on it and throwing the wreckage into a compactor. As opposed to a weasly everyday "deleted"

Abandon all reason