GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• not looking good for Dublin

Birmingham night 2 looking likely for me. Would it be better value for me getting that Hotel/Ticket package ? Obviously won't be buying til Dublin is officially cancelled/rescheduled etc

• Very interesting sentence from today's announcement of the new greatest hits album

'the compilation will be released on 17th September in conjunction with the start of The Last Domino? Tour'

Sounds like the Dublin shows will be cancelled/postponed and the tour will start in Belfast

• Official Post

Very interesting sentence line form today's announcement of the new greatest hits album

'the compilation will be released on 17th September in conjunction with the start of The Last Domino? Tour'

Sounds like the Dublin shows will be cancelled/postponed and the tour will start in Belfast

I would rather say that 17th September is a Friday and that's the reason ;)

• I would rather say that 17th September is a Friday and that's the reason ;)

Yeah, you always release on a Friday. But it could have been the 10th September. Its difficult to read exactly what they are thinking with regards to Dublin from that date.

Anyway, seems its definitely happening if they are going for the full milking of another hits release.

Looking at the O2 Website you need to be fully vaxed to get in. Thats not specific to Genesis. Plenty of events on prior to them and I guess that could change nearer the time.

• Yeah, you always release on a Friday. But it could have been the 10th September. Its difficult to read exactly what they are thinking with regards to Dublin from that date.

Anyway, seems its definitely happening if they are going for the full milking of another hits release.

Looking at the O2 Website you need to be fully vaxed to get in. Thats not specific to Genesis. Plenty of events on prior to them and I guess that could change nearer the time.

some news sites have stated that the tour begins in Birmingham ... and also the press kit obviously says "Celebrating the return of Genesis and their 2021 / 2022 arena tour..." which could mean two things:

Dublin will be postponed or cancelled

more shows in 2022 are likely, then Dublin will be postponed.

• some news sites have stated that the tour begins in Birmingham ... and also the press kit obviously says "Celebrating the return of Genesis and their 2021 / 2022 arena tour..." which could mean two things:

Dublin will be postponed or cancelled

more shows in 2022 are likely, then Dublin will be postponed.

I could see that actually. Shipping all the gear to Ireland just for one show might not be economically viable. They could decide to start in Birmingham and the add Ireland to a Mainland European tour next year.

• Official Post

I could see that actually. Shipping all the gear to Ireland just for one show might not be economically viable. They could decide to start in Birmingham and the add Ireland to a Mainland European tour next year.

them they would ship the gear again ;)

I believe it's only up to the regulations that will be different in Ireland compared to the UK

• them they would ship the gear again ;)

I believe it's only up to the regulations that will be different in Ireland compared to the UK

I'm thinking you have misunderstood my post Christian?

If Dublin is cancelled the tour start is then Belfast which is both in Ireland and the UK. Although they are making their own Covid regulations there they are broadly in line with England as is the Vaccination rate. I dont think Mr manager will like the idea of shipping to Belfast and back where the whole cost will then placed on one show rather spread across 3. Belfast plus 2 x Dublin. So they will start in Birmingham.

• Official Post

I'm thinking you have misunderstood my post Christian?

If Dublin is cancelled the tour start is then Belfast which is both in Ireland and the UK. Although they are making their own Covid regulations there they are broadly in line with England as is the Vaccination rate. I dont think Mr manager will like the idea of shipping to Belfast and back where the whole cost will then placed on one show rather spread across 3. Belfast plus 2 x Dublin. So they will start in Birmingham.

ah, you are right. I forgot about Belfast

• Erasure have changed there Dublin show to next year as part of a European leg but the most interesting part is that there UK dates are going ahead as scheduled in 2021

Can see Genesis doing something like that. Really hope the decision is made pretty soon. The tour is only a month away

• I have got information from NHS that you need a Covid Pass that is only available if you are a resident of England. So, foreigners will not be able to use the App because additionally you must be registered (GP) in England. Apart from also being forced to do a test on day 2 (vacced or not) you have the risk of being quarantined for at least 10 days which costs about 2.000 GBP for that corona managed hotel.

If you survive that you still need that App to access TheO2 and others (information from today).

But we all know things change on a daily basis and I'd rather get my money back as soon as possible.

Anyway, full blown concerts are still not to be seen in Scotland but that may also change.

Hopefully, as money can buy everything, the Genesis management is loaded enough to buy us a "freedom month" without any restrictions... The times they are a-changin'.

• Official Post

Clarification: US and EU citizens (apart from the EU) do not need to quarantine under the circumstance that they have a Covid vaccine approved by the EU or US or UK plus a negative test on day two.

• Does the app only apply to arenas or larger venues?

• Clarification: US and EU citizens (apart from the EU) do not need to quarantine under the circumstance that they have a Covid vaccine approved by the EU or US or UK plus a negative test on day two.

Coming from Ireland to Birmingham

I'm fully vaccinated with the J&J and have an EU cert confirming

Flying over the morning of the concert and back the day after

How would I be fixed?

• Official Post

I believe there’s a rule on duration of stays, i.e. if you only come for one night it might be ok. Better check …