GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• thinking the same

I really wonder how many of you from wherever outside the UK want to do whatever necessary to travel to the UK... This is all so bizarre

In my case its the frustration of the Irish Government and Health Officials who are adapting an ultra cautious covid restrictions exit. Arena sized concerts are still very much not on the radar yet. 18000 max attendance for sporting events so far here in Ireland

With the UK been so close and the real possibility the shows will happen there, its a no brainer and the fact 2022 will already be a busy year for concerts

Wait and see I suppose. Let's hope its pretty straight forward in terms of arena access. The EU green cert might be enough etc

• In Scotland next week sees the lifting of more restrictions. This is what was said about arenas

Large-scale events can return under the new easing of restrictions from next Monday but the first minister says that - for a limited period - they will still have to apply for permission.

This applies to the organisers of large events outdoors of more than 5,000 and indoor of more than 2,000.

This allows risks to be assessed

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• In my case its the frustration of the Irish Government and Health Officials who are adapting an ultra cautious covid restrictions exit. Arena sized concerts are still very much not on the radar yet. 18000 max attendance for sporting events so far here in Ireland

With the UK been so close and the real possibility the shows will happen there, its a no brainer and the fact 2022 will already be a busy year for concerts

Wait and see I suppose. Let's hope its pretty straight forward in terms of arena access. The EU green cert might be enough etc

I understand your frustration but at least your rules are being set at the national government level. Here in the US it’s utter chaos because decisions on restrictions are left up to individual states and municipalities. And most of the decisions are bass-ackwards: a state like Florida has its highest daily infection rate of the pandemic but their Huckleberry Dumbbell, Donald Trump-wannabe governor just issued an edict outlawing mask requirements. Meanwhile states with a high % of citizens who have gotten both shots are the ones where mask requirements and other restrictions are most likely to be reinstated. I’m supposed to see the concert in Washington, DC in November but honestly at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the mayor there outlaws large-scale indoor gatherings. Hopefully I’m wrong.

• I understand your frustration but at least your rules are being set at the national government level. Here in the US it’s utter chaos because decisions on restrictions are left up to individual states and municipalities. And most of the decisions are bass-ackwards: a state like Florida has its highest daily infection rate of the pandemic but their Huckleberry Dumbbell, Donald Trump-wannabe governor just issued an edict outlawing mask requirements. Meanwhile states with a high % of citizens who have gotten both shots are the ones where mask requirements and other restrictions are most likely to be reinstated. I’m supposed to see the concert in Washington, DC in November but honestly at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the mayor there outlaws large-scale indoor gatherings. Hopefully I’m wrong.

It all sucks. Good luck with DC. According to the Mayo Clinic their Covid positive tests have soared 300% in the past 2 weeks. Other states are similar.

Ugh....

• Still up in the air

Will i buy my ticket to Birmingham 2 and hope for the best in terms of entry requirements (fully vaccinated with the EU Green Cert, Republic Of Ireland)

Lets hope clarity from the bands management comes sooner rather than later so i can plan

Hotel/Ticket packages seem too expensive (tickets prices are tbh esp from £ to €)

• Would the Birmingham ticket be refundable in the event of a cancellation? If so, that would seem the best bet to me.

• Would the Birmingham ticket be refundable in the event of a cancellation? If so, that would seem the best bet to me.

Yes went onto the Arena website and purchased a ticket (with tickets protection) just now from 'the ticket factory'

Brilliant seat at the edge of the row for night 2 of Birmingham (block 3 upper row MM)

Travelling solo and will hopefully be booking flights very soon. Hotel with free cancellation booked. Heartbreaking i had to get a refund for the Dublin show but feel 2022 is already packed full of concerts and a trip away for a night would do me the world of good esp towards the end of 2021

• Yes went onto the Arena website and purchased a ticket (with tickets protection) just now from 'the ticket factory'

Brilliant seat at the edge of the row for night 2 of Birmingham (block 3 upper row MM)

Travelling solo and will hopefully be booking flights very soon. Hotel with free cancellation booked. Heartbreaking i had to get a refund for the Dublin show but feel 2022 is already packed full of concerts and a trip away for a night would do me the world of good esp towards the end of 2021

Sounds like a brilliant package and really hope it works out exactly as you planned! It is a pity about the Dublin part but I guess there have been clouds hanging over every major event for 18 months now (just look at the Lions tour!) and I bet your option B is going to be just as good, if not better for the reasons you mentioned. I have my fingers crossed for you.

• Erasure have changed there Dublin show to next year as part of a European leg but the most interesting part is that there UK dates are going ahead as scheduled in 2021

Can see Genesis doing something like that. Really hope the decision is made pretty soon. The tour is only a month away

Yes this seems likely.

Remember a lot of acts which have further delayed UK shows to 2022 had a small handful of UK dates as part of major European tours. The European legs of tours cannot yet go ahead. In such a scenario, it wouldn't make sense to do five UK dates followed by six months waiting for a rescheduled "rest of Europe" tour.

Genesis are in a different boat. They've got a substantial UK tour which looks like it can go ahead, followed by a US tour which also looks promising in most states. No European dates yet announced but I would assume they're looking at early 2022 and just not announcing them yet.

Also remember venues of this size are booked by many artists across genres, often over a year in advance. Tours cannot be rescheduled at the touch of a button. A rock band, touring symphony orchestra or theatrical show will typically take in scores of dates across multiple cities in many countries. All such acts are vying for similar and sometimes the same venues. There is a lot of metaphorical Tetris going on.

• 1st row seats directly in the middle on ticketmaster for October 1st show in Newcastle. Unfortunatley I had to put my 2 tickets on resale on ticketmaster as we are not able to travel to the UK from Germany due to the Corona situation. In case someone wants to take the chance...

• messaged the Utilita Arena Birminghams Facebook and the have said 'the EU green Cert will be accepted for entry ATM but to keep checking relevant Web pages etc'

Flights booked, hotels and tickets got. Please please please let nothing happen and the tour will go ahead

God bless the Common Travel Area between Ireland and the UK

• A story I just saw on CNN has me majorly bummed over the prospects for the DC concert specifically and the US leg in general. A growing number of acts are postponing or considering postponing tours in the States. Limp Bizkit has postponed their tour and Garth Brooks is considering postponing his stadium tour. An indoor Genesis show a week before Thanksgiving seems increasingly doubtful to me :(

• A story I just saw on CNN has me majorly bummed over the prospects for the DC concert specifically and the US leg in general. A growing number of acts are postponing or considering postponing tours in the States. Limp Bizkit has postponed their tour and Garth Brooks is considering postponing his stadium tour. An indoor Genesis show a week before Thanksgiving seems increasingly doubtful to me :(

With only 50% or so of Americans vaccinated to date and wide geographic divergences, I also have my serious doubts as to whether this tour will happen.... anywhere. They can't start cobbling dates based on cities that may or may not be "open for business". I can only imagine the astronomical expenses associated with a tour of this magnitude. I think that looking at what other acts are doing will be very enlightening in this regard. Many have already pushed their dates well into 2022 and some, even in 2023! Aren't we living in fun times? Fingers crossed that things improve for everyone.

• With only 50% or so of Americans vaccinated to date and wide geographic divergences, I also have my serious doubts as to whether this tour will happen.... anywhere. They can't start cobbling dates based on cities that may or may not be "open for business". I can only imagine the astronomical expenses associated with a tour of this magnitude. I think that looking at what other acts are doing will be very enlightening in this regard. Many have already pushed their dates well into 2022 and some, even in 2023! Aren't we living in fun times? Fingers crossed that things improve for everyone.

All true, which makes things even dicier for a band whose members are 70 years old (with the exception of Nic of course). When you add Phil’s fragile health into the equation it really seems highly questionable the tour will take place late this fall/early winter in the US. Another of the long list of reasons that this “getting a vaccine is solely a matter of personal choice and has no impact on anyone else” is grade A bull cookies.

• From what I've just read in the French press, England seems to go better and better, despite the end of the restrictions. Epidemiologists as well as UK government had predicted a huge amount of new Covid cases, with heavy issues for the NHS, but for now, none of this happened.

"Nobody really understands what's going on" says John Edmunds, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

For those of you who know french, you can read the beginning : https://www.lemonde.fr/planete…ictions_6091131_3244.html

So I really wish it continues to go this way...

• From what I've just read in the French press, England seems to go better and better, despite the end of the restrictions. Epidemiologists as well as UK government had predicted a huge amount of new Covid cases, with heavy issues for the NHS, but for now, none of this happened.

"Nobody really understands what's going on" says John Edmunds, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

For those of you who know french, you can read the beginning : https://www.lemonde.fr/planete…ictions_6091131_3244.html

So I really wish it continues to go this way...

Yep same

Hopefully us Irish (who are fully vaccinated) will be able to travel over to the UK next few months for the tour