GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• From what I've just read in the French press, England seems to go better and better, despite the end of the restrictions. Epidemiologists as well as UK government had predicted a huge amount of new Covid cases, with heavy issues for the NHS, but for now, none of this happened.

"Nobody really understands what's going on" says John Edmunds, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

For those of you who know french, you can read the beginning : https://www.lemonde.fr/planete…ictions_6091131_3244.html

So I really wish it continues to go this way...

Merci. It doesn't hurt that 75% of the UK adult population is fully vaccinated. There's a point where that number + those with a built-up immunity due to having had Covid-19, has to slow case numbers down drastically ("herd immunity"). I realize that delta is throwing a wrench in some of this, as will other variants likely to rear their ugly heads in the year to come... Fingers crossed...

• It's a matter of weeks away now.

I'm actually starting to believe that this may actually happen...to the extent I'm avoiding the setlist discussion thread with all the potential spoilers :)

• I'm avoiding the setlist discussion thread with all the potential spoilers :)

I'm inclined to avoid it too as I want to go into my first gig completely in the dark, but nevertheless I've still been checking in on the thread. Pre-tour, once you sift out the pie-in-the-sky speculating and wish-listing there's really just discussion of the stuff we'd pretty much all predict they'll likely play. Once the first gig has taken place the thread is definitely a no-go zone for me.

Abandon all reason

• I'm inclined to avoid it too as I want to go into my first gig completely in the dark, but nevertheless I've still been checking in on the thread. Pre-tour, once you sift out the pie-in-the-sky speculating and wish-listing there's really just discussion of the stuff we'd pretty much all predict they'll likely play. Once the first gig has taken place the thread is definitely a no-go zone for me.

Keep it dark! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Covid Deaths are rising in the UK, so certainly not all good here.

Barely. I think the hopeful sign is that deaths are just 10% of what they were the last time we had case numbers as they've been for the last few weeks. The majority of cases are also in those aged 15-24 and unvaccinated. The majority of people going to hospital are unvaccinated. Sure, every hospitalisation and death is lamentable but things are a lot better than 12 months ago. We've had almost 4 weeks of pretty much everything being open and have not had the apocalyptic case and illness numbers that might have happened if vaccination wasn't working.

Additionally, I would assume that in order to enter one of the UK concerts ticket holders will need to prove they've been fully vaccinated, have natural immunity from recovering from covid recently, or have taken a recent negative covid test - or are medically exempt from vaccination and have taken a recent negative test.

There's still some way to go and things could turn downhill....but the signs are about as promising as they could be. And trust me, I'm no fan of our PM...but I do follow the data closely and have a scientific background.

• Eric Clapton is touring the southeast US in September. Like Phil, Tony, and Mike, he's also in his 70s which puts him in the high-risk category, but as of now I haven't heard of any postponed shows. Eric has also said that he will not play to a "segregated audience" (meaning no masks or vaccine passports will be required for entry). It gives me hope to see some of my heroes soldiering on just so there can be live rock shows again. I salute them, even if some dates have to be moved AGAIN due to local mandates.

Be well, stay informed, keep yourself healthy, and I hope we can all see more live shows ASAP.

• Eric Clapton is touring the southeast US in September. Like Phil, Tony, and Mike, he's also in his 70s which puts him in the high-risk category, but as of now I haven't heard of any postponed shows. Eric has also said that he will not play to a "segregated audience" (meaning no masks or vaccine passports will be required for entry). It gives me hope to see some of my heroes soldiering on just so there can be live rock shows again. I salute them, even if some dates have to be moved AGAIN due to local mandates.

Be well, stay informed, keep yourself healthy, and I hope we can all see more live shows ASAP.

I’m confused. Not to start another debate over this stuff but in reality doesn’t that decision (mask/vaccine requirements) reside with the government? Does me mean he will only play in cities where there are no such requirements?

• I’m confused. Not to start another debate over this stuff but in reality doesn’t that decision (mask/vaccine requirements) reside with the government? Does me mean he will only play in cities where there are no such requirements?

What I read was that he refuses to play venues that require proof of vaccination to enter. North of Atlanta GA where I live masks are voluntary in most places. Government has been making recommendations based on what they're told by the CDC. I expect that most venues will have signs telling patrons not to enter if they have any symptoms, and that the venue is not liable if anybody does get sick.

• What I read was that he refuses to play venues that require proof of vaccination to enter. North of Atlanta GA where I live masks are voluntary in most places. Government has been making recommendations based on what they're told by the CDC. I expect that most venues will have signs telling patrons not to enter if they have any symptoms, and that the venue is not liable if anybody does get sick.

Ok. Ah the joys of a decentralized federalism system. I live in Maryland. I know in Baltimore indoor masks are required, including at the inner concourse areas at Ravens games. I have tickets to see Genesis in Washington, DC this November. There is an indoor mask mandate there and the mayor recently said it may extend at least until Thanksgiving (a week after the concert).

• I’m confused. Not to start another debate over this stuff but in reality doesn’t that decision (mask/vaccine requirements) reside with the government? Does me mean he will only play in cities where there are no such requirements?

He has said this, yes. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him. Ironic if he caught it from an audience member and had serious consequences.

It's not segregation. Those who choose not to vaccinate have made their choice, Those who have, have too.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• He has said this, yes. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him. Ironic if he caught it from an audience member and had serious consequences.

It's not segregation. Those who choose not to vaccinate have made their choice, Those who have, have too.

Unfortunately Eric is a bit of a conspiracy theorist and even wrote/sang an anti-lockdown covid conspiracy theory song last year. He's had some.....less than savoury....views in his lifetime.

It is certainly not segregation. When the Beatles refused to play segregated venues in the USA that was, of course, the disgusting practice of racial segregation, and The Beatles were so big that they helped put an end to it. Segregation and discrimination on the basis of a characteristic someone is born with, is totally different form people who have made a personal choice not to care about public health. Venues can indeed choose in the USA. I dread the results.

• was wondering if any whisper of a warm up gig?..seem to remember on some of previous tours have done a smaller gig to check out the setlist etc...although not as easy i guess, with a big stage set up

• There's still some way to go and things could turn downhill....but the signs are about as promising as they could be. And trust me, I'm no fan of our PM...but I do follow the data closely and have a scientific background.

That's pretty much what I said (in bold). Things could really have been better though, if it weren't for the Government and Covidiots.

• At least government really seems to remove the last covidiotic rules soon so maybe a tour could be possible in the nearer future. And more artists like Eric could help going back to normal. Sadly, only few have the balls.

No!

• At least government really seems to remove the last covidiotic rules soon so maybe a tour could be possible in the nearer future. And more artists like Eric could help going back to normal. Sadly, only few have the balls.

You misunderstood me. Covidiots are the people who disobey rules!

• You misunderstood me. Covidiots are the people who disobey rules!

I don't think he did misunderstand. But essentially you're right. And as for 'Eric', well who cares about the views of a tedious overrated bore who's spent the pandemic publicly undermining medical advice, which we can add to his list of unsavoury qualities such as wife abuse (which he's admitted) and racism (which he repellently voiced in public).

So far it's looking hopeful for the UK gigs; fingers crossed.

Abandon all reason