GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• suppose the tour is still of decent size, 14 shows in England and 2 in Scotland

We know full capacity shows are permitted in England but like Dublin and Belfast Scotland is still up in the air due to there governments stance on indoor events

• I know people are worried about the UK dates but ask yourself....is a full theatre/arena show currently legal in Ireland? No. Is such a show currently legal in England and Scotland? Yes.

Provided things don't go very wrong, the mainland UK dates can proceed. Hopefully most of the US dates too, though some states are looking decidedly dodgy.

• is a full theatre/arena show currently legal in Ireland? No. Is such a show currently legal in England and Scotland? Yes.

Although in Scotland event organisers currently need to seek local authority permission for indoor events with >2000 audience and outdoor >5000 to proceed. A review is due on 30 August so this could change pre-tour.

Abandon all reason

• More evidence that not getting vaccinated is not simply a matter of individual rights: my girlfriend’s co-worker has refused to get vaccinated. The co-worker just tested positive and is showing symptoms. Now they have to close down the business at least for the rest of the week. My gf is a massage therapist at an upscale spa in a resort town. No customers = no income for this week. Thank you selfish dingbat co-worker.

• More evidence that not getting vaccinated is not simply a matter of individual rights: my girlfriend’s co-worker has refused to get vaccinated. The co-worker just tested positive and is showing symptoms. Now they have to close down the business at least for the rest of the week. My gf is a massage therapist at an upscale spa in a resort town. No customers = no income for this week. Thank you selfish dingbat co-worker.

Interestingly, more and more employers (in the US) are requiring vaccination or making it really inconvenient if you're not (daily Covid tests for example for the unvaccinated and masks). Given the libertarian streak that is very strong in the US, I foresee class action lawsuits on the horizon. Not sure how they'll end up though.....

• Interestingly, more and more employers (in the US) are requiring vaccination or making it really inconvenient if you're not (daily Covid tests for example for the unvaccinated and masks). Given the libertarian streak that is very strong in the US, I foresee class action lawsuits on the horizon. Not sure how they'll end up though.....

Funny thing is the intellectual roots of libertarianism can be traced back to Classical Liberalism (e.g. Locke), which traces its roots to The Enlightenment, which incorporated a faith in the scientific method and reason.

• It doesn't state on the Utillia Arena Birminghams website but i messegned them on facebook and they siad 'At the moment, the EU green certificate will be an acceptable form of proof to enter our venue. However, this may change in line with British government guidance so please keep an eye on our Venue Protect page in the run up to your event.'

Id imagine similar for all the Arenas in England

At my wife's place of work they hired a new PA who started last week. "vaccine sceptic" who hasn't been immunised. Last week Wednesday she felt sufficiently ill to book a PCR covid test, but still went to work on Thursday. She was being trained by someone working in close proximity to her. PCR test came back positive during the work day and of course she left - but took several hours to actually tell the company what her illness was.

Now that has a knock on effect. Everyone in the building now has to be tested. But more importantly, the person training her hadn't seen their elderly parents for over a year. They were waiting to be fully vaccinated themselves before booking travel (they do not drive)...and had booked to see their parents this past weekend. They had to cancel because while they were able to swab for the PCR test on Friday, the results didn't come through until Sunday.

Thankfully negative but again, the utterly stupid and selfish actions of one employee caused unnecessary worry and someone to further delay seeing their parents.

An example at my work, which is a large school. We've been brilliant at using bubbles to contain isolated cases. The only incident where we had any spread was where a senior manager decided to hold a meeting in an office designated for two persons.....with five people, no masks and the windows closed. Said senior manager later tested positive after developing symptoms and four of the five others caught it from them, testing positive the following week. One was hospitalised, and all passed it on to families.

Don't be covidiots.

• I agree completely, though I must admit some confusion as to how my name got changed from Moonlitknight to SquigelyFox.

• I agree completely, though I must admit some confusion as to how my name got changed from Moonlitknight to SquigelyFox.

I've been having issues with the quote function. I think somehow the forum software still thinks I have a draft message on the go quoting SquigleyFox even though I've tried deleting it multiple times. So apologies for the incorrect attribution.

I blame Brexit. And Trump. And Corbyn. Probably Obama's fault too. And Phil Collins' most recent ex-wife. All their fault. (vague attempt at humour)

• bloody Aer Lingus changing flights. On the 22nd September was suppose to leave Birmingham at 13.55 but it got changed to 8.50. Requested a refund (which I won't get because I was only Economy class at the cheapest rate)

Fear not I got a Ryanair flight that will leave at 12.50

Just noticed this, and reported it.

• Off Topic bullshit about idiotic vaccination can be deleted. Thank you.

As if your attitude wasn't enough anyway, I have to laugh at the fact you recently "liked" a post that criticized you. Are you sure you are actually a real person, and not a spam bot?

You don't get to decide what's off topic or suitable for deletion. Thankfully!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!