GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• (whispers almost inaudibly)

I hope the tour goes ahead and I refuse to pour endless amounts of cynicism over it. If it IS postponed again, OK. Is there any need to keep saying so?

Just letting off steam because there seems to be a concerted effort to bring everyone down. And we really don't need any more of that.

True. Generally speaking though, the discussion about people's safety and the virus is very important'

I didn't like the discussion about Phil though.

• hopefully this time next month I'll be enjoying a beer inside the Utilla Arena Birmingham waiting on the band to come on

Still a few obstacles to overcome in certain areas. Getting to Birmingham safely, avoiding getting covid is one and here's hoping EU green certs will be accepted and that non essential international travel is still permitted by the Irish government by this time next month.

• hopefully this time next month I'll be enjoying a beer inside the Utilla Arena Birmingham waiting on the band to come on

Still a few obstacles to overcome in certain areas. Getting to Birmingham safely, avoiding getting covid is one and here's hoping EU green certs will be accepted and that non essential international travel is still permitted by the Irish government by this time next month.

Very hard to see them going backwards on international travel at this stage. Ireland has been at 2k cases a day for a while now and hospitalizations/ICU admissions seem pretty flat. Of course with Michael and Leo you never know...

Only thing I can see upsetting the apple cart at this stage is a new variant and there wouldn't be time for that. Or the band deciding themselves they don't like the idea of playing to thousands of rabid fans generating a virus laden atmosphere by baying for Whodunnit!

• Looking like you will need a PCR negative test result to get into the Arena in Birmingham for non UK fans travelling. I'd did however message them on Facebook a few weeks back and they said The EU green cert would be accepted

'The accepted methods of showing COVID-status are as follows:

• NHS COVID-19 Pass via the NHS App or a paper copy. (It is advised individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time.)

• Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.

• Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail, received within 72 hours prior to attending the event. However, we would encourage visitors to complete their test within 48 hours as some organisers/promoters may request the shorter timeframe.

• If visitors would prefer not to use the NHS App or do not have a smartphone they can obtain a NHS COVID-19 Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.
  • Actually, as of today, arenas let me know that people are allowed access if they are healthy or not. Only, if they have flu symptoms they are kept out of the arena. Anyway they also accept printed "proof" of any lateral flow self test. On the VIP access side they are no special checks. All in all it seems that the situation is like in the Netherlands today. There you are only asked on entrance "are you ill?" - "no" - "welcome in." as it is in any restaurants there. All things come to a good end, finally.

Of course, they always add: This is today's situation and it may change anytime as we are following government's guidance and constantly check current development.

No!

• Back to the music, depending on whether your country is in the red / amber or / green list. Depends on whether you can make the gigs for the UK tour.

I'd assume the band are rehearsing from now onwards. Either LH1 in London or the place where Phil's band rehearsed in Autumn 2017.

Not long now til we get to see the shows...

TGA

• I think you were being a little* kind there! ;)

(* at least 10% too kind)

😂 I was giving him or her the first 4 words! But I like the sentiment of your post.

To echo The_Genesis_Archive it is very exciting to think that the boys are going through their paces somewhere, honing their skills and getting match fit. I can already anticipate the butterflies I'll have when the gig rolls around

• This post is 90% incorrect and 100% bullshit.

That is true for thewatcher's post which shows the typical reaction of that group of people who only check things when it's too late (or never). I will have no pity for that minority anyway.

Anyone finding the tour has made its way into their dreams yet?

Anyone finding the tour has made its way into their nightmares yet?

• Vaccine crap continues.

Everyday millions of people eat junk food, with no question or qualm over the stuff in it... the e-numbers etc

Yet suddenly a vaccines which has been very well tested, and people are suddenly precious about it?

If all of the armchair expertise was put to better use pre covid, would we have had a pandemic?

Back to the Genesis tour, now then we are on the home run! I have been waiting for this since Sept 2019, when we at TGA were first told it was happening.

All the best

TGA

• Don’t be silly!

😂

Oh man, thank you. Pure distilled essence of irony. You should bottle that!

That is true for thewatcher's post which shows the typical reaction of that group of people who only check things when it's too late (or never). I will have no pity for that minority anyway.

Your posts all sound like they should be accompanied by wonky fairground music.

This time next month the first 3 shows of the tour will hopefully be done and dusted with everyone safe and sound

Seems on track as we speak.

[boring dream reference]

I dreamt they released a setlist and I was miffed I accidentally saw one. All I can remember was it appeared to be in 2 sections and opened with Behind the Lines/Duchess

[/boring dream reference]

Abandon all reason

• [boring dream reference]

I dreamt they released a setlist and I was miffed I accidentally saw one. All I can remember was it appeared to be in 2 sections and opened with Behind the Lines/Duchess

[/boring dream reference]

That doesn't seem outside the bounds of reality at all. Give it a month or so, we might be asking if you've had any dreams about the lottery...

Excellent 'wonky fairground music' comment!

• a spanner has been thrown into the works

https://m.independent.ie/irish…cial&utm_campaign=seeding

Not good for the music industry having high numbers like this from events

Yikes! 4700 cases out of 76000 attendees with a negative test OR vaccinated OR with documented recovery from infection. Outdoors!!

I wonder what the burden of sickness was among the 4700, and whether it was contained at that or ballooned further? I guess they were found because they looked for them. But if 4500 were asymptomatic they'd have bumbled along happily none the wiser.

I still think authorities will let the tour go ahead unless the situation in hospitals becomes untenable. However, I worry about the possibility of it being torpedoed halfway through if each show - and they're all indoors right? - leads to hundreds of cases.

Ugh. Fuckin covid.

• Keep in mind the current variant has an incubation time of 4 days. That means it’s likely a number of people who tested positive after the event had already contracted the virus but tested negative before the event. One of the main lessons here is masks should be required. Here in the US there are two common features in each state that currently has high rates of infection: low vaccination rates and a government and population that are hostile toward the wearing of masks.