GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Maybe it is the vaccinated who have not to proof with a negative test and therefore are spreading the disease.

And maybe the world is flat. Every single bit of scientific evidence proves that the vaccinated are less likely to contract Covid. Science trumps “maybe” every time.

• That's unfortunate news about the outdoor festival. I agree that this might not bode well for the upcoming tour (though I am still hanging on to my tickets and hoping).

Negative tests do not guarantee the absence of infection. All tests can have false negatives (the test is negative even though the person is positive for what the test is looking for). As mentioned above, the risk for a false negative is higher when the infection has only been present a very short time (days) because the test is not yet able to pick up the presence of the infection. Even when symptoms of possible COVID-19 are present for a few days, there is still a false negative rate. The false negative rate is higher when there is a higher infection rate in the population being tested and lower when there is a lower infection rate in the population being tested.

4700 infections out of 76000 attendees is about 6%. This could be within range of a false negative rate depending on the rate of actual infection in the population of attendees.

Edited once, last by Dr. John ().

• And maybe the world is flat. Every single bit of scientific evidence proves that the vaccinated are less likely to contract Covid. Science trumps “maybe” every time.

Please don't mention the world being flat. Or Trump. We have enough problems here lately! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Maybe it is the vaccinated who have not to proof with a negative test and therefore are spreading the disease. And imagine just how many cases it could have been if there were no rules - no vaccination - no negative test - no recovery. Possible that the numbers were the same or higher or lower. Who knows.

If they let the tour go ahead anyway regardless of people's health it can surely end at any time during the tour. But that is just what the venues tell you as they only plan from a day to day basis.

It 's possible it is the vaccinated who are spreading. A lot of the fully vaccinated in UK could soon be ready for a booster vaccine. Talk is it could be ready soon. Also, it's less reliable in older people.

• Just saw that Capital One Arena in DC is requiring masks and proof of vaccines through a special app for the Eagles concerts on Aug 31 and Sept 1. I downloaded the app and inputed my vax info in prep for the Genesis concert there in November. I also read a study earlier today of an indoor concert and COVID: there were no cases reported among those who were both vaccinated and wore a mask.

• And maybe the world is flat. Every single bit of scientific evidence proves that the vaccinated are less likely to contract Covid. Science trumps “maybe” every time.

Which group do you think is most likely to spread the virus, a) those who have a fresh negative test or b) those who were vaccinated weeks or months ago (and as you admitted may contract the virus despite that)?

• Which group do you think is most likely to spread the virus, a) those who have a fresh negative test or b) those who were vaccinated weeks or months ago (and as you admitted may contract the virus despite that)?

The US Center for Disease Control reports a breakthrough rate of .0005 percent among those who have received the vaccine. As for the problem of false negative tests, see the article below.
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-1495

• I just received an email from the Genesis website hyping the tour. It included a brief article about the bass pedals and guitars that Mike uses on stage, an ad for the CD linked to the tour, and a clock counting down to the first show (insert pun about Counting Out Time here).

• I just received an email from the Genesis website hyping the tour. It included a brief article about the bass pedals and guitars that Mike uses on stage, an ad for the CD linked to the tour, and a clock counting down to the first show (insert pun about Counting Out Time here).

Anyway, these next few weeks... it is almost like being in the waiting room.

And they are counting only 21 days towards the wrong date which has already been postponed. They are such professional communicators ...!

No!

• Ah crap... looking like I'm going to have to wait some time before coming back into this thread when this stuff has hopefully fizzled out....

Ah, you’ve unraveled the secret conspiracy to, as the shepherd leads his flock away, guide vocal you from the thread:D