GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• I just received an email from the Genesis website hyping the tour. It included a brief article about the bass pedals and guitars that Mike uses on stage, an ad for the CD linked to the tour, and a clock counting down to the first show (insert pun about Counting Out Time here).

Didn't receive one an email but discovered didn't sign up to the Genesis mailing list

Sounds brilliant and promising though

• yes i got the email as well..Mike talking about his Bass pedals!

21 days plus to go..can't believe is slowly creeping up!...14 years in the making and various postponing. Maybe i can actually start to get excited now. Can't wait for a good night out with my favourite band 😊

• yes i got the email as well..Mike talking about his Bass pedals!

21 days plus to go..can't believe is slowly creeping up!...14 years in the making and various postponing. Maybe i can actually start to get excited now. Can't wait for a good night out with my favourite band 😊

Yep and let's hope everyone connected to the tour /band are cautious and not get a bout of covid which could jeopardise the shows/tour

Same thing for all the fans attending too

• from Ultilla Arena Birminghams FAQ

I’M TRAVELLING FROM OUTSIDE OF ENGLAND, ARE YOU ACCEPTING VACCINATION CARDS?

The NEC Group venues are not accepting vaccination cards as proof of COVID-status. A valid certification document from your country of origin is required.

An EU Digital COVID Certificate, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales COVID Certificate or equivalent from another country (digital or paper) will be accepted

https://www.utilitaarenabham.c…otect/venue-protect-faqs/

• EU Digital COVID Certificates are accepted at the O2 so I’m assuming that other types of certification will be accepted for people from outside Europe

• EU Digital COVID Certificates are accepted at the O2 so I’m assuming that other types of certification will be accepted for people from outside Europe

exactly. Vax proof has to be shown and it needs to be an official document or App/code. The vaccine used has to be approved by either UK or EU.
    still I am wondering what they will do since numbers are rising in the UK, especially Scotland.

• exactly. Vax proof has to be shown and it needs to be an official document or App/code. The vaccine used has to be approved by either UK or EU.
    still I am wondering what they will do since numbers are rising in the UK, especially Scotland.

Yes, numbers are rising, and vax proof just isn't enough to keep people safe. You can still catch the virus and pass it on when you're fully vaxed. Wearing masks would at least give you some extra protection, but it's not enforced only suggested.

• Tour now only 3 weeks away, let's hope all will be good and I'll be heading over for Birmingham night 2

No doubt all connected will have seen the latest developments in the entertainment industry with the covid outbreaks and will be extra cautious

• Healy52003 Hello. I don't know whether your a UK National or not.

I had an email from a customer service rep from Birmingham. If you have any problems with vaccination card being accepted you can go to an pharmacy and get a free Lateral flow test. You can do this at home, wait 30 minutes then up load the test results and the code from the test strip onto:

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

Along with your email and phone number you should get a text and email through to show at the door.

• Healy52003 Hello. I don't know whether your a UK National or not.

I had an email from a customer service rep from Birmingham. If you have any problems with vaccination card being accepted you can go to an pharmacy and get a free Lateral flow test. You can do this at home, wait 30 minutes then up load the test results and the code from the test strip onto:

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

Along with your email and phone number you should get a text and email through to show at the door.

Thanks for that, I'm fully vaccinated with a valid EU green cert, which is accepted in the Arena in Birmingham

Hopefully a hassle free travel experience from Ireland to Birmingham. Flight out of Dublin is 6.25am on the 21st Sep. Should of plenty of time to see the Bullring and have a few pints in the Peaky Blinder Pub

• I have decided not to go. Circumstances are not great for non UK residents. Hope they will do more shows next year.

... make tomorrow today!

• Anyone finding the tour has made its way into their dreams yet?

Yes!

I had a dream that Genesis did a BBC Radio 2 special where they opened with the instrumental versionof Watcher Of The Skies and then Phil said as this was a one-off special they'd play some songs that won't be heard on tour. After that they played the expected things like Abacab, That's All, Domino....then full Supper's Ready and an acoustic set which included one verse of Let Us Now Make Love...then Invisible Touch and ending with Mama....encore of a 15 minute Duke medley.

Not going to happen but what a dream!"

• Yes!

I had a dream that Genesis did a BBC Radio 2 special where they opened with the instrumental versionof Watcher Of The Skies and then Phil said as this was a one-off special they'd play some songs that won't be heard on tour. After that they played the expected things like Abacab, That's All, Domino....then full Supper's Ready and an acoustic set which included one verse of Let Us Now Make Love...then Invisible Touch and ending with Mama....encore of a 15 minute Duke medley.

Not going to happen but what a dream!"

Wow that is a good one, great detail too.

Abandon all reason