Selling a ticket

• Good morning

If I want to sell my ticket now how do I go about that. I know I can sell it back to AXS but wondering if I can just sell it via ebay instead. I can transfer the ticket into who ever buys its name through the app but wondering if there is anything stopping me sell it myself instead of through AXS. Its a superb 2 seats as well these seats are nopw going for £800 each! I just dont think the gig will be any good in my opinion with Phil Collins not really on form for past few years. Also with Covid I actually think its a very dodgy enviroment to be in!

• I think personally if you are wishing to sell your tickets you have to possibly do it through the official ticketmaster website?. And then you sell it at what you paid for it which is the done thing I would suggest. If they are going for £800 it is what the so called resale sites charge and is basically scalping in a more legitimate way. I haven’t got any physical tickets myself and don’t expect to get any at all just before the concerts are due to happen.

If you sell them yourself I would expect to not make anywhere near to what you paid for them, as people will be reluctant to go as you have already mentioned. I think anyone who sells tickets now is looking at a considerable loss on face value due to Covid. Phil Collins sadly has been ill for a while now before these concerts even were mentioned. It was to be expected that he wouldn’t be anywhere near what he was even in 2007, but we are fans and have to realise these facts and appreciate it for what it will be. I don’t myself expect him to be chucking a tambourine in the air and vigorously performing the drum duet prior to Los Endos!! Just isn’t feasible!.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• I just dont think the gig will be any good in my opinion with Phil Collins not really on form for past few years.

With Respect, Why actually buy the tickets in the first place if you thought this?. We all are aware of Phil’s health but I personally didn’t hesitate myself and still wouldn’t!.

• With Respect, Why actually buy the tickets in the first place if you thought this?. We all are aware of Phil’s health but I personally didn’t hesitate myself and still wouldn’t!.

If you read the last line of ConChoo007's post, he mentions Covid19. " Also with Covid I actually think its a very dodgy environment to be in! " Very understandable!

• If you read the last line of ConChoo007's post, he mentions Covid19. " Also with Covid I actually think its a very dodgy environment to be in! " Very understandable!

I understand that and read that myself and I do agree Covid is a worry but if there was any remote risk to the fans I’m sure it would be cancelled all together?. but specifically I was referring to the comment before it about the forthcoming gig probably not being any good. I honestly can’t see these shows being anything other than excellent, granted we are all fans at the end of the day with different opinions but I myself feel Genesis have an immensely positive history for State of the Art live shows to maintain, and I’m sure they wouldn’t go for it to fall flat on their faces and get negative reviews, they have a reputation to uphold at the end of the day and if their was any possibility of it being any where near below par I’m sure it would be cancelled altogether?.

I can’t see it being anything other than value for money and an experience not to be missed,

Lights, sound and memories for us all!.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• regarding the ticket resales I think the best thing would be to contact the agent concerned I bought mine with ticketmaster I note that you got yours at AXS maybe they have a resale site. Not to sure myself, the problem with selling tickets is that the ticket agents themselves are cracking down on profiteering by touts and only release The tickets at the last Possible postage moment. I think it’s going to be difficult to sell any of these tickets as you mention due to Covid and the fear of the public of going indoors. I feel you could wait and see as these shows may well be cancelled yet again and then you would get your money back in full.
    obviously changing dates isn’t ideal for anyone, I don’t know what will happen if they postpone again?, there could be a mutiny from those who feel that the ticket agents are just stalling to keep hold of the cash for as long as possible.

At the end of the day you do what’s best for yourself with this, if you ain’t happy due to the current pandemic no one would hold it against you for wanting to sell or to get a refund, but I feel a refund is going to be the last thing the promoters wish to do. Whatever you decide I hope it works out.

Edited 3 times, last by Wayne ().

• Just had a read on AXS and it says this

If the event is rescheduled, we'll advise what options are available to you. As a general rule if you are able to attend a rescheduled date your original tickets will remain valid.

it reads a bit sketchy doesn’t it?, as if they ain’t prepared to say exactly what you can do if you can’t make a show. If they will give you your money back or not. With them mentioning “options” it does seem to leave the door ajar to potentially getting your money back. Maybe AXS will refund if the date clashes with something else which is a lot better than Ticketmaster seem to offer (which is absolutely nothing at all).

It does bring the question of purchasing tickets and what you are entitled to. We buy a ticket thinking that the show is on a Saturday as we can’t make a Wednesday due to work or kids at school in the morning etc, when they change from a Saturday to Wednesday do ticket agents expect you to be happy with this alteration?. Or do they offer the alternative of refund as you can’t attend?. I doubt that!, they expect people to just alter their plans and go with the new dates.

Edited 3 times, last by Wayne ().

• If you read the last line of ConChoo007's post, he mentions Covid19. " Also with Covid I actually think its a very dodgy environment to be in! " Very understandable!

Indeed, though it came across as a sort of add-on to "It's not going to be very good is it"! I suppose that's what prompts the question, why get a ticket then? I wonder if many others excitedly bought tix - wow, Genesis are back! - then sat down, considered it and thought, actually... maybe this isn't going to be worth it.

Abandon all reason

• Initially I was a bit grumpy about the price of the tickets but bought some anyway. When they added dates last week I didn't hesitate to get more for another show. Generally when the chips are down all stops get pulled.out! People shouldn't be dismissive because Phil hasn't been well. I'm sure it'll be great.

• I understand that and read that myself and I do agree Covid is a worry but if there was any remote risk to the fans I’m sure it would be cancelled all together?. but specifically I was referring to the comment before it about the forthcoming gig probably not being any good. I honestly can’t see these shows being anything other than excellent, granted we are all fans at the end of the day with different opinions but I myself feel Genesis have an immensely positive history for State of the Art live shows to maintain, and I’m sure they wouldn’t go for it to fall flat on their faces and get negative reviews, they have a reputation to uphold at the end of the day and if their was any possibility of it being any where near below par I’m sure it would be cancelled altogether?.

I can’t see it being anything other than value for money and an experience not to be missed,

Lights, sound and memories for us all!.

I don't agree with, " if there was any remote risk to the fans I’m sure it would be cancelled all together? " During this pandemic I think you need to look out for yourself, as not everyone as your best health interests at heart. Like the pubs and restaurants re-opening in the UK, that's just about money!

• I don't agree with, " if there was any remote risk to the fans I’m sure it would be cancelled all together? " During this pandemic I think you need to look out for yourself, as not everyone as your best health interests at heart. Like the pubs and restaurants re-opening in the UK, that's just about money!

I agree with this. I don't think the risk would be remote at a concert either. Which has me thinking that genesis can't possibly be the first to go if and when gigs resume. They are pioneers - first band to use a full set of varililites! - but they won't want to be the first band to infect a couple thousand fans with COVID19. Which makes me wonder if they chose April because there are some or many gigs scheduled before then?

• I guess you’ve got to ask yourself what’s going to happen on arrival at these shows, I think this as a minimum , temperature checks, masks at all times in the venue, Alcoholic drinks may not be on sale as the queues would be horrendous (whatever show I’ve been to in the past there has always been a scrum at the bar). Regarding the virus in general I guess if any earlier concerts are shown to be a source of even the smallest outbreak then this will have to be reconsidered. You can almost guarantee by probability that one or two people in the crowd will have the virus and be contagious and not know about it. if you get the virus at a concert and are not the only one, could litigation against the promoters be a potential outcome?.

• I agree with this. I don't think the risk would be remote at a concert either. Which has me thinking that genesis can't possibly be the first to go if and when gigs resume. They are pioneers - first band to use a full set of varililites! - but they won't want to be the first band to infect a couple thousand fans with COVID19. Which makes me wonder if they chose April because there are some or many gigs scheduled before then?

There are some shows next Spring, but from what I've seen more are going for later in 2021. Steve Hackett for instance, has gone for September 2021. I think generally people are postponing by nearly a year. Genesis is about 5 months isn't it?

• I guess you’ve got to ask yourself what’s going to happen on arrival at these shows, I think this as a minimum , temperature checks, masks at all times in the venue, Alcoholic drinks may not be on sale as the queues would be horrendous (whatever show I’ve been to in the past there has always been a scrum at the bar). Regarding the virus in general I guess if any earlier concerts are shown to be a source of even the smallest outbreak then this will have to be reconsidered. You can almost guarantee by probability that one or two people in the crowd will have the virus and be contagious and not know about it. if you get the virus at a concert and are not the only one, could litigation against the promoters be a potential outcome?.

I doubt you could sue the promoters, as long as they stuck to the virus rules in place at that time. There would most likely be some very small print saying you attend at your own risk too.

• Official Post

You may check whether or not you can return your ticket but I think it’s wiser to wait and see what may happen to the April shows. Personally, I don’t see indoor shows happening as early as April. Then again, it’s Post Brexit ...

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!