4. Sussudio (7) 18%
    5. One more Night (7) 18%
    6. Don't Lose My Number (7) 18%
    7. Only You Know And I Know (6) 15%
    8. Doesn't Anybody Stay Together Anymore (6) 15%
    9. We Said Hello Goodbye (CD only) (5) 13%
    10. Who Said I Would (3) 8%
    11. I Don't Wanna Know (2) 5%

I open this topic to my question: What's your favorites tracks of No Jacket Required. I open this topic depiste i am not a fan of this album.

My favorite was Take Me Home. One of my favorites song of him. I love the fact he easy in another style that he never explored before (this song explored the dance-pop style, with rock influences), Chorus very haunting, the harmony of this song (help by Peter Gabriel and Sting) was grooving, her voice was a excellent vibe in this song and the ambiance was very grooving and in harmony. My other favorite of the album was We Said Hello Goodbye, with Take Me Home, the best song of the album, this song was a legacy to John Lennon, i heard the John Lennon influences of the Phil vocals peformance of this song. A incredible ballad and i love the tender of the opening.

In fact, in this album (i listen the songs in Youtube), i only like the four singles, Inside Out and We Said Hello Goodbye (With Take Me Home, the best track of the album), the rest, didn't justify for me to buy this album (i hate Who Said I Would (same thing to We're sons or her Fathers), my least song of his career, but i like the live version, hugely better, particulary in 1990). I never buy this album and i'm not a plan on it.

What's your favorites (you choices three songs max)?

• Easy:

Long Long Way To Go

Doesn't Anybody....

and the magnificent Take Me Home

As for Who Said I Would, I saw him do it so my opinion of it has improved. Shame to leave Inside Out off this selection.

• Official Post

Long Long Way To Go

Inside Out

and ...

We Said Hello Goodbye

The latter is one of those tracks where you wonder why they were not part of the key track list ...

• I have picked

Only you know and I know

(don't ask why, I simply love it)

Inside Out

Take Me Home

Listening to the album today, it sounds a bit outdated to me. Looks like (other than FV), the production doesn't stand the text of time?

• not a big fan of this album, but these tracks are always worth listening

Listening to the album today, it sounds a bit outdated to me. Looks like (other than FV), the production doesn't stand the text of time?

I'm happy that i'm not only the other person to that album was too much 80's sound and aren't aged very well in this album, the drums machines in this album was not so well in this album when you listen this album today. in comparaison, Face Value and ...But Seriously was timeless and the production of the two albums aged incredible well. I'm not a fan of this album, but ...But Seriously was my favorite album of him. Also Hello I Must Be Going was a better album to No Jacked Required, depist this album was not the masterpiece of Face Value or ...But Seriously and this album included two hugely raged songs of this album and the two songs was exposed hugely her anger and her rage of theses two songs of the album (I don't Care Anymore, Do You Know, Do You Care?.

• You could say the album is very '80s'. That can't be helped. To me the album which epitomises '80s' far more than But Seriously is Don Henley's Building The Perfect Beast.

• You could say the album is very '80s'. That can't be helped. To me the album which epitomises '80s' far more than But Seriously is Don Henley's Building The Perfect Beast.

The major problem of this album, was this album was inferior of her two first albums and the later two later, i listen more 80s music, like Madonna, Janet Jackson, A-Ha, U2. A great exemple of U2, the ''Joshua Tree'' was a major album of the music, the album was a very great album and the album was still fresh today. For ''No Jacket Required'', the success not fit with the quality and was a deception, after two great albums. ''Who said I Would'' was her worst and this is the song of phil collins then i hate hugely, the live version of 1990 was very better with the addition of soul and with the musical style of the tour. This song was a huge horror in this album. Also, this album was included hugely bad songs (in the person of ''Who Said I Would''), bad songs (''Doesn't Anybody Stay Together'' and ''Only I Know and you Know'') or acceptable (''Sussudio'', ''One More Night'', ''Don't Lose My Number'' and ''Long Long Way to Go''). The problem of the song ''Long long Way To Go'' in this song, depist this song was in fact a good song (helped by the ''Sting'' voice in background vocals), the song ending too brutaly with ''I Don't Wanna Know'' started before this song finished and not help for my appreciation of this song.

The album was not bad in fact, just not so well born. This album was not just the bad in this album. The three last songs of the album was the best songs of the album. ''Inside Out'' was a pop-rock ballad with a good rift, a good ambiance, a touching peformance and this song listen very well today. ''Take Me Home'' was a incredible dance-pop song, the haunting ambiance, a incredible chorus and with the harmony of ''Sting'' and ''Peter Gabriel'' and his sound then much me into a good feeling in this song. ''We Said Hello Goodbye'' was also a incredible ballad, the orchestration of the opening was a huge beauty, i heard the Beatles influences in this song, this song, with ''Take Me Home'', i listen all the time, in Youtube because i didn't buy this album, because i'm not a fan of this album. It's was the best song of the album and it's so bad this song was not included in the vinyl and cassette (only the CD).

• All of this is personal opinion. I have to say that I don't find the songs you dismiss so abruptly nearly as bad as you do. But I would say that if you didn't ever buy it, you never gave it a chance for the songs to grow on you.

• Also, this album was included hugely bad songs (in the person of ''Who Said I Would''),

Good job we all have differing tastes as it would be very boring. That song is in my top 3 on the album (up to now the only one who has voted for it)

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Good job we all have differing tastes as it would be very boring. That song is in my top 3 on the album (up to now the only one who has voted for it)

Exactly, Would Said I Would and We Sons of the fathers as her only songs then i hate. All tastes was in in the nature. This album was one of my least favorite albums of his career.

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “Your favorite tracks on No Jacket Required” to “Your favorite tracks on ... "No Jacket Required"”.
  • Can't vote, don't know if I've voted already, can't see what I voted for (in case I've voted), but both Nanunami and seven-eight went for my three choices anyway.