Posts by Noni

Finders Keepers - comedy - 1984

On the run from the police and a female roller derby team, scam artist Michael Rangeloff steals a coffin and boards a train, pretending to be a soldier bringing home a dead war buddy. The train ride turns into far more than Michael bargains for. A coffin boards the the train, containing $5 million which Michael only notices later.

The music came from Supertramp

Cast

Michael O'Keefe ... Michael Rangeloff

Beverly D'Angelo ... Standish Logan

Louis Gossett Jr. ... Century

Pamela Stephenson ... Georgiana Latimer

Ed Lauter ... Josef Sirola

David Wayne ... Stapleton

Brian Dennehy ... Frizzle... The Sheriff from First Blood

Jack Riley ... Ormond

John Schuck ... Police Chief Norris

Timothy Blake ... Estelle Norris

Jim Carrey ... Lane Biddlecoff.... His first role as an actor

Faithful Breath - Fading Beauty ... early 70s German symphonic prog classic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I like this a lot 8)...Thank you for sharing!..:)

Just got this album and their 1980 album. Shame they went to heavy metal after that!... Only got the 2 albums from Germany.:)

10/10

First 2 albums are very good symphonic albums scoring above average on the Prog Archives site

Both really good albums 8)  3.5/5 on the PA site

First 2 albums are brilliant, the rest is garbage!! Don't bother if you like Heavy Metal

They went from a good average score before 1980 to less then below average, when they went that heavy route..:?:.. Prog Archives have them.. Less then 2 on the PA web site.:(;(

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Transiberiana (2019)

Symphonic from Italy

Everything sounds better in Italian. Even an attractive English phrase like ‘beautiful daughter of love’ goes up a notch when presented as ‘bella figlia dell’amore’. How much more so, Banco Del Mutuo Soccoso. It trips off the tongue, whereas its English translation, ‘Mutual Aid Bank’ doesn’t quite sing in the same way. This album – Banco’s first entirely new offering for 25 years – is a very welcome addition to ‘Rock Progressivo Italiano’. Indeed, having first graced the scene in 1969, it’s as if Vittorio Nocenti and company never went away.

For old-time Banco fans and newcomers alike, Transiberiana – which uses a cross-continental train journey as a metaphor for life – contains a variety of treasures. Tracks like La Discesa Dal Treno and L’Assalto Dei Lupi reach back into the spikey and technical chops of their original British contemporaries like Yes and Gentle Giant. The intervening years – not least the stratospheric developments in keyboard technologies – mean that songs such as I Ruderi Del Gulag and dark rocker Lo Sciamano have a bleaker, industrial and more contemporary sound. These are fascinating developments, but there’s also a lot to love in the softer, more Latin and jazzy elements.

With a bold Latin willingness to play on the emotions. After its techy opening bars, Eterna Transiberiana becomes a sweet and affecting ballad. The stand-out Il Grande Bianco uses looped guitar and dancing keyboard work to mesmerising effect and creates a satisfying sense of space and wonder.

Perhaps the best testimony to Transsiberiana’s quality lies in the fact that the listener has no need to understand Italian to enjoy it. It is an album which transcends language. After losing two founding members in the 90s, it had looked like Banco Del Mutuo Soccoso had called it a day as a creative (if not a live) force. Transiberiana suggests otherwise. While the inclusion of two live tracks recorded in 2018, including the classic Metamorfosi, testify to their ongoing power as a live act, it’s fair to say that this album has reinvigorated the band.

7.5/10.....:)

Though not my favourite, still up there amongst the best.A worthy listen to any prog fan.;)

Brighton 1 v Man City 2

Burnley 1 v Arsenal2

Crystal Palace 2 v Bournemouth 2

Fulham 2 v Newcastle 1

Leicester 1 v Chelsea 2

Liverpool 2v Wolves 1

Man Utd 3 v Cardiff 1

Southampton 1 v Huddersfield 1

Tottenham 3 v Everton 1

Watford 1v West Ham 3

Spyglass Guest - 2018 - Greenslade (Expanded and Re-Mastered)

TRACKLIST

A NEWLY RE-MASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1974 ALBUM BY GREENSLADE

WITH BONUS DISC OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC IN CONCERT & SESSION RECORDINGS MADE IN NOVEMBER 1974

INCLUDES ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY BY MALCOLM DOME

Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the release of a newly re- mastered and expanded 2 CD edition of the classic 1974 album, Spyglass Guest by GREENSLADE. Formed in 1972 by former Colosseum keyboard player Dave Greenslade, the band also featured former Web and Samurai member Dave Lawson (keyboards, vocals), former Colosseum bass player Tony Reeves and drummer Andrew McCulloch (formerly with King Crimson and Fields).

The calibre of the members of Greenslade ensured that the group would be innovative, ground breaking and dynamic in their musical approach and would also be notable due to the absence of a guitarist within their ranks. Originally issued in August 1974, Spyglass Guest was the band’s most successful album and featured such classic compositions as ‘Joie de Vivre’, ‘Spirit of the Dance’, ‘Melancholic Race’ and the band’s interpretation of the Jack Bruce / Pete Brown composition ‘Theme for an Imaginary Western’.

The album was also notable for the appearance of guitarist Clem Clempson (formerly a member of Colosseum) on ‘Little Red Fry Up’ and ‘Siam See Saw’.

Considered by many to be a band at their finest on stage, this expanded edition of Spyglass Guest includes a bonus CD of previously unreleased recordings made for BBC Radio One’s In Concert programme and Sounds of the Seventies in November 1974, offering a glimpse of the excellence of the band in a live environment and released for the very first time.

This Esoteric Recordings expanded edition has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes and features an illustrated booklet with many rare cuttings and includes an essay by Malcolm Dome and exclusive interviews with Dave Greenslade and Dave Lawson.

DISC ONE

SPYGLASS GUEST (RE-MASTERED)

1. SPIRIT OF THE DANCE

2. LITTLE RED FRY UP

3. RAINBOW

4. SIAM SEASAW

5. JOIE DE VIVRE

6. RED LIGHT

7. MELANCHOLIC RACE

8. THEME FOR AN IMAGINARY WESTERN

DISC TWO

BBC RECORDINGS JANUARY – NOVEMBER 1974 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)

1. JOIE DE VIVRE

2. BEDSIDE MANNERS ARE EXTRA

3. SUNDANCE

4. RED LIGHT

5. SPIRIT OF THE DANCE

BBC RADIO ONE “IN CONCERT” RECORDED AT THE BBC PARIS THEATRE, LONDON 7th NOVEMBER 1974

6. MELANGE

7. MELANCHOLIC RACE

8. RED LIGHT

BBC RADIO ONE

“SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES” SESSION

Fantastic recording 10/10...8):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Camel

Twelfth Night

IQ(Lens) as well

Pendragon

Stackridge

Quaterna Requiem

Ryan Yard

Glass Hammer

Nova - Italian band(includes Phil Collins) on one of the albums

Satellite

RPWL

Wintergaten

William D Drake

Chris Bruin's work

Ali Ferguson

Flairck

Greenslade

Goblin

Millenium

Panther & C

Plus a thousand more bands ^^

Just out of curiosity what female artists and female-fronted/voiced bands do we like? I ask also as I find I Iike quite a few and am always up for hearing of ones I don't know.

Don't think I have Jefferson Airplane & District 97....X/

Love Kate Bush & Renaissance. Glass Hammer is another favourite of mine. ;)

Judie Tzuke is another artist I love too!....8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clive Mitten

My favourite bass player, Twelfth Night.