Posts by Noni

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Quite an interesting piece from a brass band, worth a listen ;)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Each to their own of course, you can't like what you don't like. But still, I always think it's a pity that some fans see the band's development as some sort of failure, when it really isn't. In fact, to me when a band doesn't change its style, that's more of a failure.

I don't believe they 'sacrificed' anything. They retained their musical integrity, but just applied it differently and in a way that, as you say, many didn't like. At school there were quite a few Genesis fans and I ended up being the only one who liked Abacab, the others all reacted as you described. I've never had a problem with bands moving on and changing, I respect it. That respect increased when in the last few years I learned they junked a load of new material when recording the Duke follow-up, after deciding it was too similar to the last 2 or 3 albums. A bold move that I really admire. If they'd come out with more Burning Rope or Vine type stuff I'd have long gone off them. But I come back to accepting that if the bold move results in music you don't like, I totally get that.

But I can't agree about the 'fluff' thing. Hits consisting of 6-minute spiky songs about child abuse and being obsessed with a mature prostitute aren't what I'd call fluffy. Drippy songs about snowmen, cats and mice, and "poor little nemo" are well within fluff territory, though!

I agree with COT. I listen to more classic Genesis then their later stuff!

As far as prog, they made a history in our timeline and feel Genesis is well known for their Prog related albums then later on.

Sorry Christian, what albums did Ant ever do pop. :?: