Posts by pcontos

I believe you have to search for and join the Facebook Group "Genesis - The Last Domino? Tour 2020". There is a photo on there of the rehearsal setlist from New York. It was said to be originally leaked by Alan Hewitt so it is assumed to be pretty authentic. I don't know if Mark Bataitis would like to comment on that further as he may know more about it. I don't want to post the picture here since or type out the songs since I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function.

Paul

Ok, it just seemed like a webpage but when I looked at the address bar it says "file:///C:/Users/pcont/Downloads/index-2.html". That obviously is accessing those files I've downloaded. I would like to put these in a separate folder though and it is taking forever to copy them over. Is that possible and do I have to do anything different?

Thanks Ian!

Paul

Those 'tapes', unfortunately, will most likely remain where they are. And as far as rarities out in the collector's pool, those will as well stay put, I think. When I put out all those Lamb recordings and other material some 10-15 years ago, I think put the whammy on the possibility of more eking out. That wasn't my intention as I merely wanted to bring those out into the light of day but unfortunately as a consequence of what I did, everything in that regard froze.

Mark,

I can't thank you enough for putting these lamb shows out years ago. I can't get enough of live lamb shows and many of these sounded really good. The OAM's had a lot of ambience and sounded "live" while the soundboards very generally really balanced and clear. I suspect that these were just copied flat from the cassettes at the farm and most could be improved upon if a proper restoration was done on the master tapes? I know some like yourself did good jobs remastering different shows and it would be nice if the masters could be restored and enhanced.

Paul

I downloaded the zip file and unpacked the contents. There are over 25k files and I was able to find the one entitled "index". I clicked on it and it took me to a webpage where the forum reappeared.

Two questions:

1. Can I now delete all of these files as it appears I can navigate from the web page with all of the contents available?

2. Can you search the forum for topics or is that feature no longer available?

thanks

Paul

I don't know if anyone else saw but someone posted a "leaked rehearsal setlist" on the Facebook site he started called "The Last Domino Tour?". He had stated that Alan Hewitt leaked this somehow. I don't want to list it here due to the spoilers. I have to think that it's legit since Mark has always been good with getting information out.

Paul

Where is this picture from Dave Kerzner showing “New Duchess”? Is this the Sound of Contact keyboard player that went to the 2007 New York Rehearsals with his friend Simon Collins? Was he invited again to these rehearsals?

Paul

Hey,

anyone saw the image by Dave Kerzner of Genesis rehearsing back in January? If you zoom in, you see "New Duchess" displayed on his iMac.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone ever saved Nick Davis posts on the old Genesis official forum. I had once copied many of them including the ones where he gave us clues to spoilers on the 2007 setlist. Also, he gave updates on all the boxsets he was remixing. He actually told us a lot about Genesis Live, Live At the Rainbow, Second's out, Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk. This included information on the dates and shows from which these shows were compiled and other tidbits like which tapes were lost, etc. My computer hard drive crashed a few years ago and I lost the word document I created. I just curious is anyone else found those posts that interesting that they would save them as well.

thanks

Paul

Mark and Krissy,

Thanks so much for the link. I never saw this and it's great. I was still curious if the old forum will be accessible somewhere on the web, even through Wayback? I know Krissy said she was trying to save and house it somewhere. I really liked the long discussion about the Soundboard project as Alan Hewitt and other gave some updates and discussed why it may never happen.

Also, did anyone ever save any of the old Nick Davis posts from the old forum? I remember he gave spoilers on the setlist for the 2007 tour as well as gave a lot of information regarding the boxsets and live sources such as the Way we walk and Second's out. I saved a lot of that but my hard drive crashed once and lost it.

thanks again,

Paul

Kissy,

Will there be a place on the web to view the old forum and old posts? There were a number of post that I wanted to try to copy and save, particularly the discussion on the Soundboard project (A no go) and the history of the Farm and it being sold. There were a few others as well.

Thanks For all the you do,

Paul