Posts by pawciob1

Certainly, people who live in England and know this "market" at least a little should show determination to get these recordings. Even let them be put up for sale, e.g. on Amazon - but damn, if you could buy them. If I were a musician, I wouldn't mind if my every gig was available with rehearsals.

You also have to take advantage of the situation after The Last Domino tour. As long as relatively little time has passed since it, then the sales of these "unknown" recordings can be much better. The more time passes from this tour, people will forget about the band again for years - as it was after 2009. I'm amazed and don't understand how many of these record label and band people don't understand really simple things.

The team and Phil are completely lacking in marketing. To be honest, I'd kick the marketing people out of this team. But this is what I'm saying - dynamic young people should join there. Maybe if there were younger "advisors", then more of these concerts would be issued. But there isn't - it isn't. At most, there will be unofficial recordings and you have to ask about them.

After all, I wrote that I was wrong - I meant 3 CD from one rehearsal. And besides, I wrote that the team is to NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS. They take 10-15 sound engineers and make a video or remaster some unknown concert on CD. I also completed a marketing specialization and that is why I believe that in order to increase sales, it is not enough to publish only compilations. Just to increase sales, releasing something "unknown" before hand is essential. Even the rehearsals. But you have to want it. And this is worse.

This is a really good tour. I know that there is not much progressive rock, there is not a single song from the Abacab album, there are too few instrumental parts. But I really like this setlist presented by Usapcfan and I would be really happy if these 3 CD from rehearsals came out even unofficially.

I'm just a collector (books on international politics too, cups from different countries, stamps) - and it's the same with Phil or Genesis concerts. And from rehearsals in 1992, when these songs sound the best. I will do everything to get them - but the task will not be completed for 99% of the time.

Why a boring thread? It's just that I really like the 1992 tour and a lot of fans do too. Of course, I like every tour, but the one from 1992 is one of the best for me. Dreaming While You Sleep, Mama, Driving The Last Spike, Fading Lights, Domino or No Son Of Mine are sensational. Living Forever and Way Of The World are great too. These songs always sound best at the beginning of a tour, during rehearsals. Plus, the 1992 rehearsal clip was actually watched by almost 100,000 people. Therefore, these rehearsal CDs would certainly be liked. But as it was written - you could make a box that Usapcfan wrote. Unfortunately, this is unreal.

Precisely because for over 10 years Los Endos was all the time or In The Cage, those songs were thrown out. But the fact - they could add one or two songs from the 70s - for example Ripples, Eleventh Earl Of Mar or Carpet Crawlers permanently. But really, this setlist from 1992 is good for those who like this era from the 80s a bit more. Therefore, if these 3 albums from rehearsals in 1992 were ever released unofficially, I would be very happy.

Totally agree with the above post. Of course, I don't take credit for it, because you can never force someone to give something away. But I think OVERALL in 2021 and 2022 fans - not just me - have mobilized and are looking for different things a lot more than before. And there are effects. Huge effects. How many unofficial things have come out? Probably 30 new bootlegs in 2 years and 6 or 7 good video proshots or fragments of them. And surprisingly, I don't think this is the end. The Genesis Museum has also released sensational films. I know there hasn't been anything new since 2009 - since this remastered version of The Way We Walk CD. In the past, where I had not looked at it at all, I was practically working all the time, studying and completing this doctorate was a priority. But since 2 years I have a bit more time, I became interested in all this. I know that in the past the band was more integrated with the fans, there were, for example, chats with Phil. Now it's gone - but I believe there is one root cause - age. The band members and management are not young, and I don't think the rest of Tony Smith's collaborators are young either. And that means they just don't want to be bothered too much anymore. Young people are needed there. I also believe that the management is not aware of the popularity of the band and its increase again from 2020. They still think it's an "elite" band, and young people don't want to listen to them. This is of course not true. I saw a lot of 30-40 year olds on Phil's tour in 2017-2019, and on the Genesis tour in 2021 and 2022 too. My opinion is that someone should just make it clear to the management what the expectations of the audience are. Not me - none of you - only people who are friends with them. Hire 10-15 audio and video engineers, 2 years of work - and some video is released. I always believe that if you don't suggest something to someone, it's rare that the person will do it on their own initiative. I do exactly the same at work. This often brings results. I said - at most nothing will ever be released. Approx. We'll be looking for unofficial stuff year after year - and I'm sure we'll find something else - you just have to ask. It will be very difficult, but you have to try. We'll see if this Concord company has a better approach.

I know BackDriffer and a few others disagree with me, I respect that. But let's not really say in advance that nothing will ever work out. Of course, I know that the behavior of Phil and the band so far shows that they are not interested in releasing anything new. But today there is a resurgence in the popularity of Phil and Genesis again. I believe someone on the team needs to follow social media. And there the comments are clear - we want something new! As I wrote - at most it will not work out and we will be forever doomed to unofficial recordings. Today, these recordings are not removed from the network anyway. Today, technology is so advanced that sooner or later some unknown things will come to light. Some unknown Phil demo from 1988 will be revealed today. Really, who would have guessed? We just don't know what will happen. Let's not be completely optimistic, but let's not succumb to extreme pessimism either. So many things have happened in these two years that no one would have guessed. And I think that, for example, The Neurothic live may be a matter of a year or two. We don't know what people have in their collection. Let's just wait and see.

If I went alone hahaha, it's obvious that I won't achieve anything. They must be good friends of Tony Smith, Phil or Concord people. It's not up to us to try to convince them to release anything. We can express our opinion, but we do not decide about it. We'll see what happens - I think that in the future we will hear some of these recordings from different years. And if not? It's hard. We will not force anyone to do anything. Unofficial recordings will remain. We'll just ask people if they have anything. This is what brings the effect - not once after the questions, people showed unofficial things - real unique items. I am curious about what the future will bring.

Eh. I really think a lot of people will watch and listen to it. In 2 days, 2,000 people watched 35 seconds of Do The Neurothic video. 35 seconds. Is that little? All it takes is a good marketing promotion, looking for unique items, the work of NOT A TEAM, but sound and image engineers - and I'm sure a lot of people will buy it. Full bootleg from rehearsals plus unknown songs that have not been played in concerts and practiced in rehearsals. Usapcfan presented a very good idea how this problem could be solved. The argument for these attempts is also that at the beginning of the tour these songs simply sound better. An example is Driving The Last Spike, Domino from 1986, Mama from 1983, Dreaming While You Sleep and many other songs. I want to know, for example, what Abacab sounded like in rehearsals in 1981. Phil has a much better voice at the beginning of the tour. Unfortunately, I can't help it that the team doesn't want to hire these 10-15 people. In their place, I would have done it right away.

We'll see how it goes. But really, this idea of this box from the We Can't Dance album would be sensational, as presented by usapcfan. I would buy it immediately if I had the opportunity, even if I had to save money every month. However, this is currently unrealistic.

I'm just annoyed, as always, by extreme pessimism that something will NEVER work out. It will come out - it won't work out it won't work out. More and more unofficial recordings are coming out - 2021 and 2022 were sensational in this respect. We never know what will happen in life - I was shocked myself by Living Forever or the 1986 Rosemont soundcheck. Not to mention Hannover 1987. Somehow, no one removes these videos, so apparently it doesn't bother the team. I really wouldn't be surprised if something comes out in 2 years. And if it doesn't come out? Then we'll be looking for something unofficial. And that's it. In the end, even in 10 years we will get something - after all, these recordings will no longer be in the archives until the end of the world. Recently, a fragment of the Led Zeppelin concert video has been released. We really don't know what the future holds.

On such boxes, however, they would really earn a lot of money. You just have to be willing to work a bit and put in the effort. I mean sound and image engineers. I will not change my opinion that they would lose on such boxes. Not true. I know that releasing such boxes now is completely unrealistic, but I know that with good marketing a lot of people would buy it. But it takes some work here.

But I know it - I just don't understand it and I won't understand it. In their place, I would do what I said. And as for the quality? They hire 5, 10 sound engineers to remaster it all and track it down. 2 years of work and the box comes out. I know that what I write is not possible at the moment - only in their place I would act completely differently.