Posts by pawciob1

It turned out that 11 days ago 2 video songs by Phil proshot from the concert in Bangkok on March 27-28 1995 were added to Youtube. :) This is the video I see for the first time. Great version of Don't Lose My Number and Survivors live. If anyone has a full Bangkok video, please add it to Youtube. :) Below I am sending links.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - Don't Lose My Number

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - Survivors

Really - some of you accuse me of being unrealistic. You are entitled to a word of criticism, I accept it. :) But for Concord to gain money, they only with advertising and Tiktok will NOT ACHIEVE YOUR CASH BACK! NO MORE COMPILATION! It does not take great intelligence to understand that a refund is practically possible ONLY BY CONCERTS. And if the concerts are to get people to buy it, they have to be NEW, UNRELEASED CONCERTS. How much will Concord profit if they re-release The Way We Walk on DVD again? Or Wembley? Slight compared to how they let Toronto go in 1986. :) People are waiting to see Supper Ready live from 1982 and 1986. Not only a group of older fans, but really Genesis with difficulty, but also reaching the 30-year-old generation. It is enough to show Phil with Chester on drums - this can also encourage young people to listen to Genesis and, for example, to start learning to play the drums. Just like in my case. :) We will see what will happen and here there is no need to weave some unknown theories. But I'm really pretty sure there will be something new by 2024 - and probably a video. And rather, it will be a "commercial" period for the company to earn a lot. Maybe they'll even play 1987's "full" Hannover or something from 1986. Besides, a lot depends on whether there will be any new Phil solo videos. Phil has gained even more popularity as a solo artist and he is "identified" with Genesis. When people reach for Phil's video, they will reach for Genesis subconsciously. :) We're just waiting for now and let's not delete in advance that nothing will happen. Time will tell.

I did not know. They actually recorded 2 full rehearsals during the pandemic? Uuuuuuuuu. This is surprising information for me. There is definitely a lot of material from the rehearsals. Phil himself wrote that ALL Genesis rehearsals were recorded. He wrote it in 2004. I just don't know if it's audio or video. And I'm sure these tapes are now in the Concord archives. I wrote - we are waiting. Concord must definitely get its money back, and there will be something to be released in a year or two. :) And it's something new that will guarantee a large flow of money. The only question is what. Surely the shows in the 80s were recorded - like the Toronto from 1986. There is a great picture, but we don't know what about the audio sound. That's what sound engineers are for. We are waiting, we will see what will happen. Academic intuition tells me that we will see some new Genesis videos by the end of 2024. Will we see rehearsals though? This is hard to say.

Well, because Genesis will no longer have an impact on it, I am 80% convinced that something new will come out in 2024. :) To reach the young generation, ONLY compilations are not needed, but video material - DVD, Blu -Ray. Whatever. It also means that commercial material will be released to get money back - for example concert from 1986 or 1987. Besides for "older" fans - just release 2 full videos from each tour plus a good advertising campaign - they will make up for it within many years this money. We'll see what comes out of it - anyway, it can't get any worse. Nothing has been practically new for 15 years. :) Therefore, something 80% new will be by the end of 2024. May I be right.

Exactly. It also makes me a little surprised. :) This transaction, however, was also probably prepared for a long time. Phil wanted to get rid of it - I suspect he didn't want to fight for this collection in his family. And ex-wifes will get nothing.

Paradoxically, I think solo Phil might be better than Genesis. Young people really hum In The Air Tonight a lot. :) This track was even in the TikTok version once. :) That's why I think that some concerts will be- solo Phil too. Otherwise, this Concord company WILL NOT REACH to young people.

Do you know anything more about this Concord Music company? Are they releasing a little more for those other singers who sold the collection? I am asking only for reliable and specific opinions, not any assumptions. :)

Maybe you know the company better - but they want to bring Genesis music closer to the "young generation". Will they bring Genesis's music closer to them through only commercials? Not completely. :) In this article it was clearly stated - Genesis music is to be remembered "to the young generation". I believe there will be a physical video as it will be practically the only way to reach young audiences. :) I would have to know what it is like with the recordings of those musicians who sold their collection there - or something else that Concord released. I can always be wrong, but I believe there will be something new. The only question is what. It couldn't be worse anyway hahah- because Genesis hasn't released anything new for a long time. :) I think since 2007 :)

Of course, I know about it, but I can bet a lot of money that something new will be released in the years 2023-2024, and it's not really a video from The Last Domino. It's hard to say what will come out, but I suspect that this Concord company will focus on a more commercial period in the band's work and will either bet on some more videos from the Duke Tour, or more likely - on the Invisible Touch Tour. We Can't Dance Tour- I doubt it (unless the official full Knebworth on the 1992 DVD). However, I bet on 1986-1987, because then the band reached the peak of commercial popularity. Not even in 1992. Back then, as the Invisible Touch Tour was released. Unfortunately, I am afraid that they will not bet strictly on 1986, but on 1987. I do not even exclude a full release of Hannover or Montreux - or something from Japan. For sure, something will be released that will satisfy the tastes of younger fans - at least for now. Or a 1977 or 1978 concert could be put out - but "on trial" to see how people react to it. But I suppose they'll start in the commercial period - which is the late 80's or early 90's. For me it would be best if they picked up the "hapless" Toronto from 1986, but I suspect they'll start in 1987. We'll see.

Maybe I will say this - something new will definitely come out - not so much rehearsals, as some video - but I don't know what. :) How would the Concord company want to remind Genesis's music to the "young generation" other than through concerts? Not so much rehearsals as concerts. :) It is supposed to be some "advertising campaign", according to this text. And I see no other possibility in this case than "reminding" a concert. There would be no point in doing an advertising campaign to make another compilation. It is on my logic. I can always be wrong.

Hahahaha. I'm not a philologist - Americans have slightly different varieties - I'm not an expert here. :) Anyway, we will certainly hear something new from this Genesis and Phil collection and I suspect that some rehearsals will either be seen or heard. In a 2004 fan interview, Phil wrote that ALL Genesis rehearsals were recorded up until 1992. Which means the recordings will be very very much. :)

Video concerts from 1977, 1978, 1981, 1983 and 1986 plus rehearsals from all years. :) I really don't want anymore hahaha. :) I am even conditionally let go of these videos from 2021-2022, because we already have a lot of video clips from that time on the Internet. And from previous eras we don't have good full videos.