Posts by pawciob1

Listening to a short bootleg from the rehearsals for the 1992 Genesis tour, where you could hear a great version of Way Of The World and Domino, some Genesis fans started to think about enjoying more bootlegs from our favorite band's rehearsals in the future. This is why good idea is to make a form of "collective letter" signed by as many Genesis fans as possible to get all the bootlegs - or at least some - of the trials from the 1970s to today released. Note that apart from the 1978, 1983, 1992, 2007 partial bootlegs and a few 2020 tracks, we don't have any recordings of the Genesis rehearsals. The request would be forwarded to Tony Smith by someone who is friends with the band and could try to convince them to release at least one full rehearsal bootleg for each tour. I mean especially songs not played at concerts such as Living Forever from 1992, Do The Neurothic from 1986, Jesus He Knows Me from 2007 and 2020, Abacab from 2007, In Too Deep from 2007, The Carpet Crawlers from 1986- and many others. It is important that at least some of these bootlegs from the rehearsals are released. How will you respond to such an idea? I know you will probably say that there is no chance for that - I am skeptical myself- 20, 30% chance. However, I think it does not hurt to try, and I think that if many fans are in favor of such a solution, Tony Smith and the band may consider this step. At this moment is 40 signed votes so far.

https://www.change.org/p/relea…m_campaign=share_petition

In my opinion, it is still possible that Phil will go on a solo tour in a year or two. In theory, Nicholas said it was the end of Phil's shows forever - but yesterday Phil was talking "only" about Genesis. We will see again, and I hope there will be this "last, farewell" solo tour in some time. Now let Phil rest, as he deserves it - and let him try to take care of his health.

I liked this last Genesis tour, it was really atmospheric. Strange as it may be, the 2020-2022 version of Domino's was really good. Nicholas played it better on drums than Chester - more "energetic", which was very visible with the piece Domino or No Son Of Mine. Tony's keyboard was darker too - it matched Phil's voice perfectly. I just didn't like Throwing It All Away and Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. Here Phil's voice was indeed faint. But the rest of the songs kept the level. The low tone of Phil's voice alongside Home By The Sea, for example, gave the track a certain "magic". It is a pity that they did not add a few other songs to the set list - but I will remember this tour with great sentiment.

Really??????????????? I do not believe. If that's true, that would be great. But if so - why Nicholas wrote today that this is the end of solo performances? He may not have written it outright, but it clearly marked the end of Phil's career. If there would be one more solo tour, it would be great. Even I, however, think that possibly Phil's performances should be next year or in 2 years as his health improves.

To be honest, I also got such an impression that after a break of about a year, Phil would go on a solo tour. He clearly emphasized that this is the last concert of ... Genesis. He didn't say it was his last concert in his life. I do not rule out surprises yet - but let Phil rest and improve his health for now. :)))))))))))))))))

By this petition, I meant that at least a few people should write it. It would be idiotic on its own - surely the band ignored my private request. We'll see how it goes. Maybe there will be some voices to the band that they want to change. We'll see. It is simply the last chance to see them live and I think such a GROUP initiative would make sense. But if we don't want to, no problem.

Theoretically, it is known that it is a huge undertaking. But I repeat again - these are the last !!!!!! Genesis appearances in history. Really in Phil's position, during these two months he should be determined and practiced, practiced, practiced vocals, for example for Jesus He Knows Me. This concerts it is all expensive. But this team is very rich! They won't go bankrupt from adding 4-5 tracks and new lighting. Hahahaha. Without exaggeration. We'll see what happens - but hopefully either someone on the team is reading these posts - or one of us will write a short letter to Tony Smith to forward the band's request for some changes. Of course, the current setlist is not bad (Duchess, Duke's Intro, Mama, Land Of Confusion, part of Fading Lights, No Son Of Mine, Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Domino, Carpet Crawlers are particularly fantastic) - but after March 2022 we probably won't see them again on the scene. I would do my best (and I know they are professionals) - and say goodbye to the fans with the depth of his rich material. When I hear these 4-5 new songs, not played in 30-40 years, I will be really satisfied.

A petition would be a good solution. :)))) I speak seriously :) It doesn't hurt to try. Really we see this guys in March, unfortunately probably for the last time on stage. Maybe we'll see Phil at the solo concerts in future - but Genesis in march 2022 I'm 100% sure that it will end its activity. Therefore, such a request to change some of the pieces would be advisable. I know that Jesus He Knows Me was said to have been practiced, but if I were to be Phil, I would have tried and practiced until it was done. This is an underestimated piece - contrary to appearances, not that simple. My suggestion is to remove Throwing It All Away, Follow You Follow Me, Fading Lights without an instrumental part, and even Cinema Show and Afterglow. However, add at least Abacab and Jesus He Knows Me- and something from the 70s- maybe One Of The Vine, Eleventh Earl Of Mar or something completely new. You Own Special Way can be. Dreaming While You Sleep would be fantastic, but I doubt the band would want to practice. Maybe In Too Deep? The band would already consider what to play at these farewell concerts. The last part of Supper Ready could be as well, but Phil's voice probably can't stand it. Let's reflect on such a petition together- but let's set together those 4-5 songs, which we could suggest to the Genesis manager.

I agree Dr John. :))))))))))))) The situation, however, is a bit different now. Being in the band's shoes - especially Phil - and knowing that this is probably the last Genesis show in my life, knowing that I will never meet the fans on stage again, I would have put a lot of effort into these 2 months and really prepared some serious changes. Of course I'm not saying hahaha that the band is "lazy" hahaha (the new version of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway from 2021 shows that the band can still be creative) - but I would just put in even more - knowing that this is the end of the adventure stage. The change of 3-4 songs, not played for a long time - mentioned earlier by me - especially Abacab and Jesus He Knows Me - is possible to be done by the band. These vocals besides Supper Ready aren't that hard for Phil to sing - even despite his voice problems. If they wanted to, they could really do it for 2 months.

I also like Supper Ready a lot - especially the version from 1977 and 1986. :)))))))))) The more that 50 years have passed since the Foxtrot album this year. I say - at least I would like a few changes in the set list. I think that 1- maybe 2 songs will change- but I don't think more. I would remove Follow You Follow Me, Throwing It All Away and Cinema Show with Afterglow. The first 2 songs were on Phil's final solo tour in 2017-2019. Cinema Show with Afterglow's was on almost every Genesis tour. Fading Lights should be complete with the instrument part - or removed at all. This way, there would be space for these 3-4 changes. Carpet Crawlers I would not change - because this ending is beautiful.

I agree with you, but I'm afraid that Phil's voice won't stand - that's why I'm not pushing for it. But the songs mentioned above are not particularly vocal demanding. Really, if we have friends among the Genesis management, please try to convince them to change. These will probably be the last concerts of the band - that's why I would like to hear new songs that have not been released in 30-40 years.

Thank you very much for your answer. After all - if someone on the forum is an employee of Genesis management or knows Tony Smith and the band members well - please ask them at least, try to convince them to make a few changes in the set list. I really liked the slightly altered version of, for example, Misunderstanding, although I never liked it. :))))) This is a really goodbye to Genesis fans - that's why we want to hear songs that have not been heard for decades - although known like Abacab or Jesus He Knows Me. I would even like One Of The Vine or Eleventh Earl Of Mar. :)))))))))) I say - 3, 4 shifts.

Hello everyone. I have one question. Are any of you close enough to Genesis members and the band management to try to convince them of a few modifications to The Last Domino's Europe tour setlist in March 2022? These will probably be the last concerts of the band in history and I would really like to hear Jesus He Knows Me, Abacab, Dreaming While You Sleep or, for example, In That Quiet Earth after 30-40 years. At least 3-4 shifts. Of course, the current setlist is also good - although we will never really hear Genesis live after March 2022. I would like these songs to remind you at least and I hope that someone will try to convince the band to modify it. Thank you in advance for your answer.