Posts by KeithC

Supposedly the record company decided there wasn't sufficient demand for a blu ray in 2008, yet hundreds of thousands of people saw the tour and surely a significant proportion of fans would have wanted a souvenir in the highest A/V quality, since then costs have reduced. I don't know how many Steve sells but it is obviously worthwhile putting them out. What we have instead is a blu ray of Sum Of The Parts, which cannot have sold in any quantity as it was poorly received and with low rewatchability.

The When in Rome concert had great visuals and a top making of documentary. Although I prefer the 1970s songs, it had a good career spanning setlist to appeal to both old and newer fans. Also, depending on the film format, it might even suit a 4k release.

I could accept that there won't be a blu ray for the current tour if the band would put out a blu ray of the When in Rome tour. When Steve can produce a high quality blu ray for each of his tours, Genesis do a disservice to fans by not upgrading the 2007 concert DVD.