Posts by Alessandro

Hi everyone,

i'm new here but i have to share my little story.

Coming from Italy, i attended the concert of 17th,

asked my 15 years son to be with me.. he accepted

my story:

i knew Genesis in 1988, buying IT, and Phil in 1989 with But Seriously

therefore ...at 15/16 , i fell in love with their music , exploring the rest of their production in the years after..

in 1992 , finally my first ever concert : Genesis in Nice .

then.. i saw them a couple of times (1997, 2007) and Peter and Phil, several times...

i grew with them, as many of us.

so, after 30 years, during which they all represented the soundtrack of my life, i had the privilege to “close the circle “, again in France, moreover with my “little boy “ with me…

the show, for me was as the first ever 30 years ago:

pure EMOTIONS. i thank God to have had this opportunity.

Ok, seeing Phil (my Idol Phil) in that conditions was sad, but the also seeing myself in the mirror compared to when i was 18 could be a bit sad..:-),

and also the for 80% of the public may be...:-)

time goes on for everybody, sometimes better (i'll pay to reach 71 as Mike and Tony..) , sometimes worse..

I cried many times, a lot on Afterglow..,a bit when i saw Phil leaving the stage, realizing that for me it was really he last time.

technically speaking:

- musicians were on top,

- Phil's voice , so so, but acceptable (lowered keys of the songs have permitted to me ti sing along with him...for one time)

- sound was FANTASTIC,

- Nick's drumming wasn't that Jazzy as his father was, but it were so powerful that fulfilled the execution with the energy that Phil's voice didn't have, and gave again a particular "youth" to pieces.

it was for me one of the keys of the show

at the bottom line :

My son was with me, for two days in Paris, he enjoyed the trip, enjoyed the show ,

for me it was marvelous, i closed the circle believing to having passed to him a part of my life , in that place, in front of "my" Idols,

hoping he could find a passion like this and feel sensations like these one day.

thank you Phil, Mike, Tony, Peter, Steve, Chester, Daryl, Nick, Ray, Antony, ..Daniel and Patrick

GENESIS FOREVER !

Alessandro