Posts by danielbravo

For many years I remained indifferent to this album to be honest. Just this year and looking to fill the gaps in my collection, I started looking for it "new and factory sealed" in its first edition (not the remix).

The first thing that impressed me was precisely the difficulty of finding it at a decent price and in good or new condition. But finally a month ago I was able to find it.

I listened to it without prejudice and I was surprised by how pleasant it is. I only knew "Congo" but nothing about the rest. Ray Wilson has an excellent voice and adapts very well to those tracks. For now I'm only on my second listen... I think I should let it grow on me a little.

Maybe I'll stop by again and comment a little more about my appreciation.

Oh! great news. I haven't been here for a while and my visit today was not in vain!

I just checked the site and I was amazed to see that the sacd is one of the options!

In my case I couldn't miss the opportunity with "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" and "A Trick Of A Tail" at least, if I can the rest with Gabriel on SACD

Thank You!

Thank you. This is something that I have discussed on other occasions (in other forums) and it seems that a considerable group of fans still do not accept. There is that legend of lots of live tapes, "from this bootleg that I have", outtakes and stop counting...

I've been wondering this for ages. I never got the box set as I only really want Genesis Live and Seconds Out. If/when they are released individually, I will certainly be getting them!

Exact! I bought these albums separately in 2009, released in Japan (mini-lp) but it has surprised me that even after a little more than 10 years the only editions available are still those of 1994... if they have already published the entire discography in studio with the new mixes individually why not do the same with the live albums?

individual CDs with the new mixes, but without bonus tracks, were also released a year or two after the boxsets.

There have also been Vinyl releases and boxsets. I remember discussions about the poor quality of the vinyl,

Hi! Yes I know that but I'm talking about the "live" albums.

Edit:

Have not been reissued yet: Live, Seconds Out, Three Sides Live, The Way We Walk individually with new mixes separately

The entire studio catalog with the new mixes has been reissued on CD and vinyl, each album separately.

With live albums; after The Live Box, practically nothing has been reissued.

I think, only "Seconds Out" on vinyl.

They are so good that I still wonder: why not reissue them separately?

Why do we still see those old versions from '94 and none of these new mixes?

It's curious...

Edit:

I refer in this thread to the albums "recorded live" with the 2009 mixes offered with the Box Genesis "Live", not released yet separately

Thank you

Hello, it is a matter of exploring and making your own image on the matter. It's the best way if you haven't listened to these remixes in their entirety.

Currently the Genesis catalog in print is basically these mixes (by default) both on vinyl and cd.

I like them for albums with Gabriel (especially) and live albums (especially for Seconds Out, Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk) although not much with "Live" which is your favorite.

With the post 1975 albums things change for my taste, especially because in some of them although I like the new mix, the audio is very compressed and I don't like them as the old Virgin or the DE from 1994.

I still keep all the remixes from Trespass to Abacab, including the live albums.

In my experience, each one has its strengths and weaknesses, but it is good to include them in my collection.

Some are very cheap if you look carefully, particularly used. New ones depends on your wallet, on ebay there is a wide variety of prices if you are looking for them in cd format.

good luck with your trip

Yes, I can hear it on my UK issue of DE on the 'con' of 'considered. I think I remember reading something where Nick Davis confirms it too. One of his jobs on the DE series was to go through removing all the clicks and pops and that was one the one that got through. I've got all the other DE's in the series and while I'm aware of the tracking errors I don't recall any other clicks or pops.

Oh, thank you. I can't hear it on my copy.

I know this is a Genesis thread, but in general feel this applies too.

My good friend(who sadly passed away RIP) Nedflanders123, once said during the 90's period onwards. CD's were being massively remastered as a gimmick to sell more copies. However, he also praised the superior Japanese versions over the European copies and I agree. Japanese cd's were a lot better in the remastering aspect and sound a lot better.

I would say now, during 2018 onwards, remasters have much improved and it appears artists are now involved in this process for better quality.

It may be so in some particular cases. Although it is known that in those years "some tapes" masters were the same, the japanese engineers made modifications in the equalization during the transfers. It was a common practice until a few years ago. In some cases with remarkable results and other times not so much.

Rarely did the manufacturers have availability or access to the original master set.

There are many interesting comparisons between the various pre-1994 versions available on various sites. And also about how many masters there were rolling around there for those years.

The truth is that many of these Japanese Cds are very good and others are not...

But this is a subject for another nature of forums.

Reading a thread on another forum, someone commented that they heard a noticiable "click" at 17 seconds into the song "Robbery, Assault and Battery" when Phil sings ..."considered" with the Definitive Remastered Edition (1994)

I have this DE Cd manufaturated in the US (ATCO Records 82668-2)

and I don't hear this. I have reviewed it several times and using headphones... the click is not there.

I guess maybe it's a matter of the European editions... has anyone found it on their cd?

I still wonder this, because I imagine that the remaster is the same for all worldwide releases