Posts by NedFlanders123

Plenty - It could be home.

For the unfamiliar, this was a very early Tim Bowness band, from the mid-80's, who finally released their debut album last year. Full story here: https://timbowness.wordpress.c…/plenty-it-could-be-home/ and here: https://davidkjones86.wixsite.com/plentydraft

I had the good fortune of chatting briefly with David Jones, (He's also the bass player with Genesis tribute band Mama) a couple of weeks back, telling him how good this album is, and complimenting his playing on a couple of tracks in particular (One being a cover of the 'Stones As Tears Go by, the best version of it I've ever heard). He was quite chuffed (as we say in the UK) to hear I liked it.

I have this album as lossless.

I was a bit misleading in that opening post. The ones I can't listen to are DOAV 2nd half, MMM and RA&B. Squonk and the title track are good, Los Endos v good, Ripples and Entangled excellent. It's a fair point that that's not a bad strike rate on an 8-song album. I suppose my overall point was that while I like most of it, those lows are very low and it's not a top 5 Genesis album for me, in contrast to many here for whom it's their favourite.

Words such as magical, wistful and fairytale have been used in this thread to describe it. I don't really get that from it, which is probably just as well as they're qualities I tend to dislike in their work and in music generally.

Apologies. I have no idea why I added the title track and not RA&B. I guess I must have assumed that you missed it out from your like tracks that you didn't like that one. Its an age thing with me lol

So other than Mad Man Moon, title track and second half of DOAV you can listen to and like the majority of the album? That's about 75% you like which on most albums would be considered a good album. I like MMM much more than Squonk that I have never really taken to. Horses for courses etc

Ric Ocasek died yesterday (Sunday) in his sleep. He was 75. I have been a fan of The Cars from the beginning, since 1978. The band finally got into the RARHOF last year. Ric wrote some really good New Wave/Punk hits for about 10 years. I think I'll play a few of The Cars albums this morning. Their debut is near perfect. RIP Ric :(

Huge fan of both Cars and Ric's solo albums. Shocked at the news.

One more. Another wonderful track

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Excellent discovery. Reminds me of Oak

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Different line up from 1972 Noni. Keith Relf led band (69-70) produced 2 albums and then band split. Michael Dunford played on 1971 and last album and after band split created new Renaissance with Annie Haslam, John Tout, Jon Camp and Terry Sullivan. Keith Relf died in 1976 after being electrocuted on stage. The old Renaissance then reformed under the name Illusion and produced 2 albums in 77 and 78. A third album was due for release but the band split. The third album eventually came out many years later called Enchanted Caress. There is a fourth album under the name Renaissance Illusion that I have that came out when the band reformed again in 80s. That came out in 2001 called Through the Fire. John Hawkins is keyboard player (Strawbs).

I don't think I've heard of this band. Which surprises me!...=O

Why did Renaissance make up another band name for themselves?..:/

Different line up from 1972 Noni. Keith Relf led band (69-70) produced 2 albums and then band split. Michael Dunford played on 1971 and last album and after band split created new Renaissance with Annie Haslam, John Tout, Jon Camp and Terry Sullivan. Keith Relf died in 1976 after being electrocuted on stage. The old Renaissance then reformed under the name Illusion and produced 2 albums in 77 and 78. A third album was due for release but the band split. The third album eventually came out many years later called Enchanted Caress. There is a fourth album under the name Renaissance Illusion that I have that came out when the band reformed again in 80s. John Hawkins is keyboard player (Strawbs).

One of my favourite songs of all time. From a superb album too.

Have you heard the 3 albums by Illusion who were most of the original Renaissance band? Much better version of this on the 1977 release.

Here is the 1977 studio version

External Content www.youtube.com

Have you heard the 3 albums by Illusion who were most of the original Renaissance band? Much better version of this on the 1977 release.