Posts by raeltheduke

The latest issue of Prog magazine has a big feature on Close To The Edge on the occasion of its 50th.

Look, I just thought you might like to know, OK?

Here in Atlantic Canada we get Prog issues about one month after the UK. I bought the Jethro Tull #126 issue last week but hope I can get my hands on CTTE #127 and the "complete story of Yes special". Barnes & Noble in the states get them sooner.

Phil Collins, "The Pentateuch of the Cosmogony" -- not an album by the band Greenslade, but a collaborative album involving Dave Greenslade.

Correct.

But, I did not say "the band" Greenslade but just his last name. Great album (I presume you have it) in the hardback 12" x 12" version with artwork by Patrick Woodruff that is fascinating.

ANGKOR WAT (in Cambodia) This is a place where a mystical temple is located - one of the true world architectural wonders, it is beautiful and very spiritual song by YES:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In 2010 having been invited, Peter Gabriel did not join Genesis for the Rock Hall induction when Mike gave his "valid excuses" to the audience.

Peter's heart has been distanced from Genesis for decades, if these final concerts at the O2 were a charity event for something like Amnesty International, there is a good chance he would be there. I would be very surprised if he shows up at the O2 shows, don't hold your breath.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I remember the Canadian Music Festival in 1979 in Toronto. It was a one-day event. There were maybe 9 or 10 bands on the bill headlined by a trio of rockers: Aerosmith, Nazareth and Ted Nugent.

Johnny Winter came on before them, and before him it was The Ramones and that was the one act the crowd turned on.

It began with heckling and then people started whipping food and chunks of sod. I, of course, didn't participate in any of that, I was up in the stands as a young observer.

I recall The Ramones stopped playing mid-song very shortly into their set. One of the Ramones walked to the front of the stage, gave the audience the finger and the band walked off.

And I can remember when The Ramones opened for Black Sabbath at the Long Beach Arena (California Nov. 1978) and got a deluge of bottles thrown at them! I was young and not very amused by this behavior although I did not like their type of music but thought that they did not deserve such a rude reception.

So it appears this happened to them more than once, poor dudes :(

Love these guys. They stage an amazing show.

Agreed; of the two top premier PF tribute bands (being the other one Brit Floyd), having seen both bands multiple times, I can say that the Aussie version is the best of the two.

Considering the world situation right now and specially in the European countries closer to Ukraine, it is a pleasant surprise the tour is going to happen. Let's just pray and hope for peace very soon.

Meanwhile, for those about to rock with Genesis: Enjoy the wonderful experience like the one we already had in Canada.

For my 2022:

April: Judas Priest & Queensryche

May: ZZ Top & Cheap TrIck - Sting

June: Pendragon

July: Marillion weekend in Montreal - Roger Waters

October: Aussie Pink Floyd

Fingers crossed for all, Elton John already got cancelled.

Of course nothing is sold out in Germany. And I do not believe in any show happening anytime soon there. Maybe London. No more.

I agree and have my doubts. The are just too many unknowns and some european cities are still under lockdown. The only country easing restrictions is the UK so as you say, maybe only the London gigs will happen but not Germany, Holland or France.

As it looks, there will be an announcement a couple of weeks before the concerts in Berlin (March 7-8) .