Posts by HomeByTheSea

Can-Utility and the Coastliners - I love the instrumental break in the middle of the song that has so much power to it! It's a preview of what will be coming up on the next album (i.e. The Cinema Show instrumental).

Entangled - This is has to be one of the best acoustic songs Genesis ever wrote! Those harmonizing vocals are some of the best they have done.

Blood On The Rooftops - The acoustic intro is one of the best things Hackett has written with the band! I wish Genesis would have played it live. Glad I got to see Hackett play it with his band.

Deep In The Motherlode - The live Archive 2 version of this song brings it to life! One of those examples of Genesis live being better than the studio version.

Naminanu - I don't know why I love this song, but it's one of my favorite songs that got left off an album.

Just a Job to Do - I love how this song grooves! It could have been a single.

Do The Neurotic - This song shows an edgier side of Genesis. I think it's better than The Brazilian and should have been on the album.

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the Cleveland show, so I thought I would create one. I hope that's ok Christian? So who is going to be there? I will be there and am looking forward to what will most likely be my last Genesis show. I have a heavy heart knowing this but am going to enjoy it to the fullest! Cleveland is one of those cities that have supported Genesis since they started touring the States back in 1972/73. Please post your pics and videos in this thread from the Cleveland show. Enjoy it everyone!

I remember the first time hearing the 92 old medley. When they started to play Dance on a Volcano, I just about $hit myself thinking they are going to play the entire song, and then they went directly into TLLDOB after a few verses and I thought, what the heck is this?! Man they sounded great playing DOAV in 92. I just wish they would have played the entire thing. It could have been the highlight of the show!

To say I was heartbroken about the cancellation is an understatement, I flew from the U.S. to see them in London only to find out it was cancelled while I was in the air 😢

If I was you, I would make the most of my time in London. If you have a rental car, I would go visit some Genesis-related places of interest (i.e. The Farm, Charterhouse, etc). Hope you can salvage your time and make it fun!

Neal Morse Band - Do It All Again

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe he's feeling pressure having to tour the same time Genesis is touring? His post could be showing some insecurity on his part and he felt the need to lash out in humor, although nobody found it funny. This does nothing for the guy but hurt his image even more. Nad? No Sad...

It was discussed in the Genesis in the Media thread. A couple of us watched it (myself included). It was certifiably awful. So bad it was embarrassing. What’s the old saying: there goes an hour of my life I’ll never get back.

Thanks I'll check that thread out. Interesting, it sounds to me like this has topped the Sum of the Parts as the worst Genesis documentary? Maybe I will actually try and watch that one now as I've put it off for so long! ^^

Has anyone been able to watch the new (unauthorized of course) documentary on Genesis from the Reelz Channel series called Breaking The Band? I live in the US, where the documentary seems to be available so far and I do not have the channel on my cable lineup. I've tried to find it via streaming services, but for now it is not available unless you have live access to the channel. For anyone out there who has watched it, what did you think? Details or a review would be nice if you could spare the time. Thanks!

I disagree with much of this. For one thing, “Rush” and “metal” in the same sentence is odd. Secondly, you’re characterizing me as seeing these bands through eyes I’m not seeing. I dont expect Genesis to behave a certain way. Actually I gave examples of different bands handling things differently? I’m merely stating that Genesis has an unusual history and I wish they had a more complete show where the prog era was concerned.

I will stick by my statement that they went pop. It’s a no-brainer. Invisible Touch, Thats All, Follow You, Hold on my Heart, In Too Deep, Tonight, Throwing it All Away, etc….did I miss something? Are those prog songs? I could go on and on listing pop tunes. Do I hate those songs? Nah. Are they pop? Uh, yeah….

If you listen to the interviews of the band on the reissues, they often times were very critical and negative toward the classics and most interviews from the guys are far more glowing and rosy where “the hits” are concerned.

They may have started to write more pop, but they were still producing songs from their progressive roots. To support the point, Duke's Travels/Duke's End, Home By The Sea/Second Home By The Sea, Domino, and Fading Lights are definitely not pop!;)

that's correct - 13 shows were announced initially for NA in 2007

Toronto (BMO Field) was among the first 13 if I remember correctly, but Ottawa was announced 2 or 3 weeks later

I was one of the fortunate few who won tickets to attend the pre-tour rehearsal show in Toronto. It was general seating so I was fortunate to have a front row seat right between Phil and Tony! Ah memories...

Buying tickets for the Cleveland show was not fun because the code and link they gave you put you through to seatgeek. I was able to pay for the tickets I wanted and when my confirmation email came it told me the tickets were not available. Well, this is what the website is supposed to do up front when you choose seats. In fact it chose them for me being best available. So why put me through all that and allow me to pay for them when they were not available? So then I had to go back and do it all over again and of course my seats are not as good. I definitely won't be using seatgeek again if I can help it! However, I am glad I'll be going to the show and not get shut out like other people are trying to secure tickets today through each venue.