Posts by Squonk

Thanks Slowdancer. I have to say I lost interest in Marillion post Misplaced Childhood. Fair to say I think that there are no hidden tracks in the entire Genesis discography!

If I remember the Nirvana track had a 10+ minute pause.

It was at least that wasn't it AND hardly worth waiting for. Instead of a list of things you can do in ten minutes, I wondered if Wiki had a 'record' of pregap tracks...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…acks_hidden_in_the_pregap

It seems there aren't many huge names that have done this although I see Melt Banana do a version of Neat Neat Neat which is hidden on Charlie and that there is a

34 second reversed clip of "Fire On High" on ELO's Face The Music (1975) which made me think, okay, that can't be a hidden track on vinyl - that simply wouldn't be possible!

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

In a RGB color space, hex #fe6f5e (also known as Bittersweet) is composed of 99.6% red, 43.5% green and 36.9% blue. Whereas in a CMYK color space, it is composed of 0% cyan, 56.3% magenta, 63% yellow and 0.4% black.

David Gray's White Ladder has a hidden track BEFORE the first track

Good grief. I had White Ladder on CD and may be fortunate never to have known about or heard the hidden track. Otherwise, I thought the album was a decent listen.

I didn't know It was the last song. But there is a get-out clause here in the hidden track (remember them?). Example, Nirvana's Nevermind had one way after the final song, Something In The Way. So you would fast-forward on the CD player until it located it. FWIW the hidden track was rubbish though as I recall. :D

Like them or don't, obviously that's fine, but in the broader context of the cultural landscape of the 1960s and the seismic effect they had, it's simply untrue they were over-hyped. Even within that, Revolver on its own was like a bomb going off, and even within that, Tomorrow Never Knows was like nothing ever heard before. And that's after the public had already been reeling for 3 years from the cultural sea-change they brought about. Even as a total nutjob fan myself I recognise I can never fully appreciate their full impact at the time.

I probably sound like yet another Beatles Head boring on about them in response to some slight perceived criticism of the holiest of cows. I hope I don't! But if you must take the whole giant continuing cyclone of reaction to, and debate about them, and reduce it to the single syllable 'hype', then they absolutely weren't over-hyped, they were hyped just as much as they merited.

I have encountered this old chestnut on a variety of music boards across years and a noticeable trait I found was that Beatles fans generally are quite a closed group. The best thing since sliced brigade and Lord help anyone who dare criticize tha band. Part-time arrogance which didn't make for an engaging dialogue to the impartial observer. Clearly you're not one of those and answer with clarity and passion. Yeah, yeah, yeah I took a mild swipe and perhaps a misguided one but said and done, The Beatles were out there on their own, like them or not.