Posts by thefarmer

I'm reposting this from one of the other boards as I think this is a more appropriate place for these comments.

My initial reaction to the whole thing is a little disappointed .Brief snippets, bits and pieces. The few Peel session songs are interesting but I was really hoping for the complete Knebworth '78 show as well as the complete lyceum show. I didn't know that the BBC broadcast any of the'98 shows and more of that would've been good. There's loads 87 stuff which I have and I doubt the 92 Knebworth stuff would much different from TWWW CDs. The completest in me says "get it"but I can get a fair bit of that stuff elsewhere.

My initial reaction the whole thing is a little disappointed .Brief snippets, bits and pieces. The few Peel session songs are interesting but I was really hoping for the complete Knebworth '78 show as well as the complete lyceum show. I didn't know that the BBC broadcast any of the'98 shows and more of that would've been good. There's loads 87 stuff which I have and I doubt the 92 Knebworth stuff would much different from TWWW CDs. The completest in me says "get it"but I can get a fair bit of that stuff elsewhere.

Am reposting this on a more appropriate thread in the genesis music board.

My initial reaction the whole thing is a little disappointed .Brief snippets, bits and pieces. The few Peel session songs are interesting but I was really hoping for the complete Knebworth '78 show as well as the complete lyceum show. I didn't know that the BBC broadcast any of the'98 shows and more of that would've been good. There's loads 87 stuff which I have and I doubt the 92 Knebworth stuff would much different from TWWW CDs. The completest in me says "get it"but I can get a fair bit of that stuff elsewhere.

Terry Hall from my home town of Coventry. Quite a shock . He was only 63. Saw him supporting the Rolling Stones a few ago when they played Cov. Certainly a significant cultural figure. A great shame.

Just back from York having been to our second Mostly Autumn gig this year and have seen them around 15 times at a guess, maybe more . This time their Christmas show. They are immense live, I just don't get how they can remain virtually unknown . They create such a huge sound. Olivia Sparrman is a fantastic singer. A truly wonderful band. I was next to a chap at the Merch stall who was at his 1st MA show. He was absolutely blown away. He bought a copy of every CD they had on sale , spent £110. I recommend anyone to go and see them.

My pre tournament prediction was that England would get through the group and then win in a tense.match in the last 16 . Then they would play really well in the quarter final and lose in an unfortunate manner. So they won in an easy way today , the first time I recall that happening in a knockout match Hopefully I'll be proved wrong about about the quarter final ,..... In a good way.

Unfortunately I was exactly right about the quarter final. ALWAYS HAPPENS.

My pre tournament prediction was that England would get through the group and then win in a tense.match in the last 16 . Then they would play really well in the quarter final and lose in an unfortunate manner. So they won in an easy way today , the first time I recall that happening in a knockout match Hopefully I'll be proved wrong about about the quarter final ,..... In a good way.

Wilko Johnson has left us. One of the great distinctive rock guitarists, a terrific energetic performer and by all accounts a lovely bloke. He'd had a terminal diagnosis a few years back and in a great gesture of giving death the finger, immediately went out on tour on the basis of, what better way to go? But he survived and was in remission. Very sad that he's now made his final exit.

Very sad. Saw him a couple times in recent years.i heard the most fascinating interview with him a few years ago. It was about his depression and cure form his terminal cancer. Don't know if it came back. He believed he was going die , did all the things he wanted to, including working with Roger Daltry and touring Japan..He spent all his money and when in Japan he came across a doctor that said he could cure him and he did! Then the Roger Daltry album came out and sold really well and Wilko earned a whole load money than he had ever done from a record! The insights he gave into depression was a real eye opener. He sounded like a wonderful man.

So anyway am feeling a bit foolish. I ignored the cheaper seats as I didn't want to pay £130 odd each on poor seats, but actually I've got a pair of half decent seats two thirds back on the floor. Roughly what I was expecting to pay in the first place . Still too expensive really and £189 is ridiculous.

Really upset to hear Nik Turner passed away on Thursday. Founder member of Hawkwind. I saw him with Hawkwind at a couple large gigs and big festival in the 80's, and with Inner City Unit at a small basement college gig wearing a sparkly cape with shaven head except for one long peace of hair in shape of a horn! Mainly though I will remember him for the many many times he gave Mrs Farmer and I great nights with several bands over the last 20 years. We went to see him whenever we could with Inner City Unit , The Nik Turner All Stars , Hawklords and especially Space Ritual. Back in the early 2000s he would wear a strange red.spikey top covering his whole upper half and head making him look like a bizarre red Sonic the Hedgehog as he would walk amongst the crowd playing his saxophone. These gigs were always at small venues, sometimes with less than hundred people but he always seemed to love playing and had a broad smile and a handshake before and after the show . When the Space Rock show finished he'd often come back and play the Pink Panther theme . We last saw him about 3 years ago guesting with Hawklords at age of 79. His playing wasn't up to what he used to do but remained an entertaining presence. . I remember going see Space Ritual at the same time Led Zeppelin played their reunion gig at the O2 . As usual we had a great night and.I distinctly remember thinking that I knew that we were exactly at the right place.

Mostly Autumn last Sunday. A truly great live band. They create such a huge sound. We've going to they gigs for about 20 years now. I just don't get why they remain with only such a minority following.

I saw the Bootleg Beatles last night for the second time.

They are astonishing, even down to the accents and personalities. My only complaint was that 'mid period' Beatles was represented only by Help! and there were no songs from Sgt Pepper. But their harmonies on songs like This Boy are spot on and when they do I Am The Walrus & Come Together, they rock. Because they recreated the 'rooftop' show we were treated to an absolute favourite of mine, One After 909.

Great band. I saw them twice many years ago. At the Birmingham arena theyplayed the first set dressed in gray suits doing pre 67 stuff and the second set dressed in Sgt Pepper garb for the later stuff. Also heard them in the nineties at a tent at Glastonbury. It was so packed I couldn't see them! Had a great time.

£189!!!!!

I was going to buy a pair of tickets yesterday but have balked at the price. I've not long spent £260+ on a pair of tickets for Roger Waters. I didn't think PG would be more. I've always gone to concerts I wanted to , this is first time I've finally said just too much. £400 for one night stretches it just that bit too much. Somewhat gutted.