Posts by Mr.Farmer

I was only thinking of Steve Harley the other day, someone asked me what my favourite gig of all time has been I couldn't say but could list a top 10 and Steve Harley was in it. My one and only time of seeing him was at A New Day festival 2021. I was not a fan, just someone who quite liked what he had heard on the radio. He was wonderful. He struck me as a truly warm human being and the most perfect end to any festival I have ever been to . He gave a wonderfully warm and emotional experience at a time when we had been through the toughest times and lost loved ones and now we could see the light at the end of the tunnel , it was still scary but we were mixing with people again. It was one of those rare moments when I had no real expectations of performance and was totally knocked out. It was a rare and special moment. Myself and my wife promised ourselves to see him again, unfortunately we never did. I don't often feel that emotional at the passing of people I never met however Steve Harley due to the time I spent watching him in that field at that time is one of them.

Were big Ray fans. He helped us through lockdown. We saw him in Genesis and once after about 20 years ago. We have all his albums. Wish he would play over here again .

I saw them tonight at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. Absolutely brilliant. I was only 11 in '73 and hadn't yet heard of Genesis. Having seen a fair bit on youtube the singer had PGs mannerisms off pat the others were spot on. Just brilliant to see what the show would have looked like. Now having seen this excellent recreation, I'm more certain than ever that Peter Gabriel is the best frontman of all time.

Ah dear. Poor old Shane MacGowan has died. As an Irish expatriate, the Pogues' Christmas song and the lines about "the boys of the NYPD choir... singing Galway Bay" have always reminded me of childhood Christmases and would make me feel a sense of missingness at that time of year. That feeling will be deeply accentuated this year. Seems a lot to have had him and Sinead O'Connor die the same year. Though it's something of a miracle Shane hung in as long as he did!

Also Kissinger, the old cunt, is dead and gone. Good riddance.

just found out. Very sad. I think Shane would have appreciated your description of Kissinger.

Last Thursday at the Coventry Empire, double header , Dr Feelgood and None Below Zero. Great gig. All on stage together for the last couple of songs.

Blue Oyster Cult. On Your Get Or On Your Knees. One of those I've had for years( about 45) that gives what feel likes a real life experience. Never really got to grips with each track vocals indistinct, it's always been like listening to a band I've never really known much about . Always a great listen

There may well be no knew proverbs. You know what they say " when it's done,it's done" However if there are any moments in life that require a new proverb I'm sure we'll get one after all necessity is the mother of invention.

I count myself as a fan, though not a massive fan like most here .I have their b best ofs and a few others , though was quiet familiar with their 70s output. I went to see them when they played down the road from me at Coventry City's football ground, must've been 2018 on the no filter tour. I was astonished as to how good they were. We got reasonably close, I think they're one of those you need to be close to as they're all such personalities. The atmosphere was great

Well done, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Yes all good fun! Toyah is an excellent performer. I was also taken with the ease that Robert Fripp plays. He just sit there a rips out these guitar riffs with out seemingly ever making an effort. We were smiling throughout. I had to laugh at the how the band were dressed; bow ties and glitter. They looked like they should've been in an old holiday camp starlight room!

Getting ready to go and see Nine Below Zero and Dr Feelgood tonight . Checked the times and noticed that it's in two weeks time! Had this date in mind for ages and bought the tickets without even double checking them , they rescheduled . New date clashes with Sisters of Mercy gig , fortunately I haven't bought the tickets for that one yet. Looks like I'll have talk to Mrs Farmer tonight .

Yes if that’s how it happened it’s very poor behaviour.

Probably a case of leaving it to the management but it does sound as if they could have done a lot more to let Ray down gently over a few things. To be fair he has said that Tony handled things much better then Mike. Don’t think an upbringing at Charterhouse equips you for empathetic work relationships….

I think you are right. I think those with public school backgrounds are often at ease, confident , charming and get on well with people . I'm sure they were nice and charming with Ray when he was with them. They don't seem to care so much about others when no longer needed. I've just read the review on Sum Of The Parts and was reminded of the way Steve was treated. I've done absolutely no research on this subject.

I honestly think any unreleased stuff still lurking around will be there for one of two reasons.

Firstly it got abandoned because it wasn't any good.

Secondly some works in progress. Personally I would not be interested in either . I wouldn't want to buy rubbish and who would want to buy half a car when they already have a decent one?

You sold it!

Tickets for Sunday in Birmingham bought. We have nothing better to do.

Sounds great. I saw some of the Sunday lunch stuff and it was great. Didn't even know they were touring it.