Posts by Mr.Farmer

As is my wont, I got the new Protomartyr album on vinyl after streaming it a bunch and finding it to be absolutely brilliant.

I also got the new Smashing Pumpkins album, Atum, in a bumper vinyl box set. It came with 5 7" discs that had ten extra songs, not available elsewhere. Those songs are brilliant, very lo-fi and psychedelic compared to the main album. Incidentally I think Corgan genuinely prefers releases this way and trying to stimulate people towards vinyl. I saw the band in Napa a few months ago, and while I was there I went to a record store. The owner said Billy had been in the day before and bought a few hundred bucks worth of records - all different stuff. The guy got a photo with him and said he was the nicest individual, really down to earth. I thought it was cool that he would give a big chunk of custom to a small local business like that, and figure he probably does it often.

It's all made me want to upgrade my turntable, but in truth I have no time to listen to them that way, and if I did I can't blare it on speakers anyway 😞.

I vary between vinyl and CD. 27 of my 33 Hawkwind albums are on vinyl. That Hawkwind album I posted was an impulse buy , they didn't have the vinyl , now regretting after less than 24 hours. I guess I'm going to have to fork out even more.

Reminds me of a story my sister told me, she used work at an airport and came across several celebs over the years. Don't know if anyone remembers or knows of Carol Smiley. ( A "c" lister was famous in the UK for a few years presenting a few shows and turning letters on the Wheel of Fortune.) During the time she had fame she arrived at the Airport and was directed to join a queue. Not wishing to queue she said "don't you know who I am?"

Likewise, he's someone I recall from variety and entertainment shows in the 70s. I was neutral on him, neither liked nor disliked him beyond his being one of those figures who was comfortingly there. With a slight sense of shame, not having thought about him for many years I would've assumed he'd already departed this realm. I didn't know he was from Coventry.

Should've said from my now home city Coventry, of 42 years. Although I didn't live here at time he was on TV.

Someone from city of Coventry. Vince Hill. Cant say was a fan but I remember his TVshows in the 70s, I quite liked them , part of my growing up.

Farewell to Tony Bennett, who had an incredible career which he continued right up until recently, as far as his 2016 alzheimers diagnosis allowed.

He had darker times when his career hit a low point but he got past that and became popular again in the 80s and 90s with new albums, collaborations and winning awards.

The official statement about his death said even just the other day he was sat at his piano, singing. It's a nice thought.

Yes sad. My Dad loved Tony Bennett. I didn't appreciate him until I got much much older.

Hello, as I am more fluent in Spanish than in English, which is the language of the forum, I sometimes make mistakes.

For future participations in the forum in this section I will take it into account....

Thanks for the appreciation

Don't worry. I can only speak English and mess it up all the time!!

Saw Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons in a small but well known pub in Nuneaton. I think it must have been a warm up for their European tour. They were marvelous. Such energy. The 4th time I've seen them and most fun I ever have at gigs.

Their support was a local band called Jayler. They are so young, teenagers. They strutted around copying their heroes, almost an impersonation of Robert Plant. However they were very very good. The vocals coming out of that young man's mouth were amazing. To me they looked so odd , so young with such a huge sound. Three covers and three originals which were very good. They did Dazed and Confused and were much better than any pub band I've seen. Spot on. If they can work out a style for themselves they could be big.

Jayler with Phil Campbell.

Tonight I dug out Hawkwind's first album remastered on vinyl. It's a few years old now. Had a shock as I forgotten its a horrible blue disc. Still it plays nicely. I only possess such discs if I absolutely have to have them.

It’s the other way round for me. I thought the general band performance was far better in 2022. Especially Mike. Sadly Phil couldn’t drum Of course. But the 2022

shows gave me much more than 2007

Interesting how we each see things differently. Of course the 2022 shows were great and very emotional tinged with a little sadness. My regret in 2007 was that I didn't go to the Twickenham show as well and I hit a real downer about that. It was not a mistake I would make again so I made sure I went twice to the TLD? The show in 2007 for me was pure joy and the unexpected reunion at the time had elements of SOTB feel which I didn't really get last year.

I of course enjoyed the show but I did not find it as thrilling as the previous few times I'd seen them, Abacab, TSL, SOTB and Mama. Genesis were absolutely huge as was Phil Collins but for me the atmosphere was not quite as magical. Where I was there were certainly some people nearby who were clearly disappointed by not hearing a few Phil Collins big hits.

Genesis at Old Trafford. One of my all time favourite gigs, they were really on form and the set list was pretty well perfect. I really felt at the time that Genesis and I said goodbye to each other, though as it turned out I saw them two more times in 2022 and the last time for me was also in Manchester. Although the 2022 shows really were a final final farewell , the 2007 show holds a special place in my heart.