Posts by dudeski

So, this is "Bless me" - enhanced and restored music video. The track was a left-over from the She-album and then became the first single on "Propaganda Man"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also like this song a lot. The album is a mixed bag, but "Bless Me" is a good track!

I liked the album more when it came out but now I somehow lost interest. That reminds me about the last few albums, that was a similar experience, whereas I still listen to Shrouded Horizon or Guitar Noir from time to time ....

Enter The Ring came on random in my car yesterday.

At first I thought it was a Yes track, then Jon Anderson solo. Eventually my brain told me it was one of Steve's new tracks - what a plonker I am!

Enter the Ring

And that track is still one of my favorites!

I agree with you Ashley and last domino. When Clapton did a recent repackage campaign with his Unplugged, it included some extra tracks that were rehearsed plus the original showing and a rehearsal dvd. I know Clapton's Unplugged was much more popular than Phil's, but I still think it would be an interesting release. I'm just not convinced that Phil actually liked the performance. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do so. I think with "Fax Gate" just erupting, he seemed quite unhappy with the performances he gave for that show and is perhaps why he cut so many songs out of it. He apparently did a version that we know exists on the Both Sides Tour of I Don't Care Anymore like his Unplugged performance.

One thing I will say Ashley, you got me thinking, if you watch Phil's Unplugged, when he begins West Side, the camera angle is screwy. Because Phil is looking happy and I think he is actually perhaps starting "Don't Call Me Ashley" and immediately, there is a new camera angle and Phil is not looking in the same direction. The other thing I suppose it could be is that I suppose he did two takes of West Side so it could be the beginning one and the continuation of the second take. Nevertheless, on the making of Phil's Unplugged, there is a small snippet of him rehearsing Don't Call Me Ashley and saying he can't hear and stops the song and starts again. I don't know if you have seen that, but it's pretty cool and I wish I could show but the clip seems to be gone from Youtube. I posted the two angles and how they are not spliced well at all from this youtube clip:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for sharing this additional information.

Would be pretty cool to have a full Unplugged Blu-ray some day. Unbelievable - that Unplugged thing was 30 years ago!

I believe the problem with The Mama Tour is they don't have access to the original camera film, only the videotape master, which would impossible to get an actual HD product from.

The Invisible Touch Tour was filmed on HD video tape, which allowed (once they found a vintage machine to read the tape) an HD video source to work with. If they made a new digital master when they transferred the tape for the white box set a BluRay would be possible.

As far as I know the problem with The Way We Walk and Serious Hits Live is they were filmed on standard definition video tape, so there is no way to get a true HD video from the original footage. In these days of AI upscaling I suppose anything might be possible, but someone would have to be monetarily interested in taking on the work.

interesting ... but this may also mean nothing will happen - the days of large sales for concert film physical media are obviously over, So who would be willing to pay the bills when there is no return of investment?

This is the official video of the new track

A wonderful video ...

indeed really good! What a great song for a comeback. I hope an album will follow.

If you don't know, our invaluable David Lightman showed over a week ago on Movement a 40-minute Genesis rehearsal on a video proshot from April 6, 1992 from Chiddingfold. Driving The Last Spike, Old Medley and Land Of Confusion were played then. Yesterday, the ending of The Musical Box and the instrumental version of Firth Of Fifth were shown on YouTube. Truly a classic, a great thing, a complete surprise. :) On Movement is 40 minutes long. The rehearsals are an "extension" of fragments from Genesis Opening Night 1992.

Looks like all this stuff is coming in bits and pieces. Why not putting that all on one film and release a We can't dance Special Edition .... oh wait .... :rolleyes:

Nice to see Peter picked as a "Rock God" on Radio 2 Rock Show last night (Johnnie Walker) available on BBC Sounds. They played a bit of various songs including Modern Love from this album. I really like that song.

I also like Modern Love, so I picked that.

Apart from that, I skipped the obvious (Solsbury hill) and picked Flood and Humdrum ....