Posts by FeelItComing

It's a good list, but omitting Wuthering Heights is like omitting In The Air Tonight from a list of favourite Phil songs. But there is something for everyone there.

Per Backdrifter's emoji, not only is Phil not an East Ender, he is from Hounslow, which is about as far from the East End as you can get in London. Neither is he 'working class'.

I find the description of Peter peculiar to say the least. :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement sounds? Especially on this forum where loving the pap era as much as the prog era is not just expected, but downright mandatory?

'Mama' has its raw side, sure, complete with thunderous drumming and studio trickery. And Phil's pain is palpable. However we're talking music here, and the actual tune is best qualified as nondescript, while the screams/gurgles are just annoying.

But I agree this song is probably one of the trio's best.

It isn't 'mandatory' at all, but your use of the word 'pap'reminds me that there is no point engaging with you.

Not a trio song, though. But it certainly would have benefitted from PG's participation/singing. And we might have been spared hearing about the er... daddy issues that... mar that particular track. Wouldn't you say this is the album where quality control really started to slipthe advent of that sickly sweet sound that defines the rest of the band's history, all the way to the awful Mama and beyond?

You might say that. Others do not. Once again, you assume your opinions are shared by everyone else.

How Mama, one of the rawest songs in Genesis history, is 'sickly sweet' I cannot fathom. If you dislike it, OK. Don't call it something it patently is not.

Also your assumption that anything on the later albums would have been 'rejected by the collective' elevates Hackett & Gabriel far beyond actual reality. The other three were also part of the collective.

I'm sorry. I really try to stay out of this, but this stuff is starting to get on my nerves. I know what people say. Don't feed the troll.

Reading a statement the band released on YouTube it’s clear that a) they are very upset about having to postpone the shows, and b) they will almost certainly schedule new dates for these 4 canceled shows.

I think so. I feel very concerned for the band members, and upset for those of you who won't see the shows now, but I think this sums it up. To coin a phrase 'it's gonna get better', which I think sounds better than a previous post which said something like 'the tour was doomed'. <X:saint:

Same here. AFAIC, there was Genesis, a band that put out a string of albums in the Seventies that are just works of art to me - epoch-making, unsurpassable, unbelievably rich musically and in their world-making, to coin a phrase (Trespass through Seconds out, more or less).

And then there was/is the current trio, who after losing all forward-looking members chose to explore vastly different territories - poppy, drenched in keyboards and cloying melodies, and devoid of any real relevance in the plastic MTV world.

Not this again.

I will leave it to those of you who are more eloquent than I am to respond to this, if you feel it necessary. I went back through the thread and will politely just say, Lazlor, you have made your preferences clear. Others disagree.

A big improvement. Can the rest of you feel it etc etc. I will now get this week totally wrong, probably!

Man Utd 1-0 Everton

Leeds 0-2 Watford

Brighton 2-1 Arsenal

Crystal Palace 2-1 Leicester

West Ham 2-3 Brentford

Liverpool 2-0 Man City

Coventry 2-1 Fulham

Cardiff 0-1 Reading

It's always the same - when you announce a Genesis show, you can do an hour of solo stuff. When you announce to play the complete Seconds Out, even less.

To be fair: Steve alwyas did play solo tracks from the last 4 albums during these Genesis-related shows but how wonderful would that be if he did a pure solo show.

Well yes, when you put it like that. I know what he's doing and why he's doing it, and still hope to see it next year after two postponements.