Posts by FeelItComing

Probably one for UK members, Nicholas Parsons leaves us, aged 96. Actor, comedian, presenter, raconteur, quiz host, and for decades the lynchpin of Just A Minute.

We are huge fans here because my (English) husband has every series of Just A Minute. RIP.

I was supposed to be seeing Randy Newman on February 4 but he had to cancel as he is recovering from an operation. So far the only shows I have are TIm Minchin, Dweezil Zappa & the big one - Steve Hackett in May, and then Australian musician James Reyne in October. It seems to be a quiet year.

You can watch Palin break down again on the BBC site.

Very upset today. RIP Terry.

Hi FeelitComing. We do happen to based in Melbourne, but you shouldn't hold that against us. There is a plan to come to Sydney. However at present it is more practical to play Adelaide, as it is nearer and easier to arrange for the time being. There is considerable hope for Brisbane, where we have strong support and Sydney might be part of our touring plan if the other shows go well. Stay tuned, and stay supportive....it's all about getting Genesis music LIVE out there. Or you could wait for the real band to reform. March 7th and 8th is part of a long weekend in VIC and we are playing two Lamb shows then.

I support what you're doing. I hope you can come to Sydney eventually. I expect to be visiting Melbourne this year, but not in March.

This comes almost four years to the day that my (then) hero (Glenn Frey) died aged 67. Now my husband's hero has died aged 67. I have been getting more & more into Rush recently. Neil had a great deal of personal tragedy, losing his daughter & his first wife in the space of a year. RIP.

Musically it's OK, nothing more, though there are one or 2 interesting moments, but lyrically, this is probably the worst song they ever recorded. If you wrote a play based on the story in this song, the audience would walk out before it was halfway through. Why would the son care or put himself through any of it, having escaped? Laughable, truly laughable. I can only guess they came up with the hook, "No son of mine" while jamming, and felt compelled to make a story to fit.

Seems the TotW is plundering my "don't like" list at present! ;)

I would only say it isn't that easy to just escape your family. There are always lingering feelings of guilt, that you should try & make an effort. The narrator in this song is very conficted about his feelings for his father. He feels he should try & heal the rift. It doesn't work. I think it's very sad & very powerfully delivered.