Posts by FeelItComing

I know that Semolina Pilchard refers to a policeman who was instrumental in some of the famous rock star drug busts of the time. He was also making fun of people mindlessly chanting Hare Krishna.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=138

Dr. John: "People will cite John saying that Ringo isn't even the best drummer of The Beatles. I'm pretty sure he was saying that in jest as all of them have spoke about how much better the band became when Ringo joined them."

FeelItComing: "Lennon did not say that about Ringo. English comedian Jasper Carrott said it."

Perhaps I got the wrong story but I always understood the "isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" quote (note the wording) this way: John was referring to the fact that Paul also drummed, as he did on the first 2 "white album" tracks during Ringo's temporary walkout.

It's true that Paul did some of the drumming. However the fact remains that Lennon never made the comment.

Backdrifter, I agree with you about Walrus.

The Beatles have been and will likely continue to be my favourite band ever. Although I love most of their biggest hits, I too love the more obscure gems.

One person who tends to get an unfair shake as a musician is Ringo. People will cite John saying that Ringo isn't even the best drummer of The Beatles. I'm pretty sure he was saying that in jest as all of them have spoke about how much better the band became when Ringo joined them. Ringo's drumming was never about flash and technical prowess. He very much drummed to serve the song. If you are a doubter about how important is drumming is to the feel and ultimately to the success of the song, listen to Long Tall Sally (particularly the end), Ticket to Ride, Rain, She Said She Said, A Day In the Life, the last verse of Dear Prudence (Paul drums the main song, but the last verse has to be Ringo in terms of technique), Come Together. These songs would not be as great without what he brings to each. Many other far more technically proficient drummers sing his praises because they recognize what he is doing as a musician.

Lennon did not say that about Ringo. English comedian Jasper Carrott said it.

https://www.ganymede.tv/2015/0…-who-was-nearly-a-beatle/

They are my favourite band, always were, always will be. Revolver is my favourite album by anybody.

A couple of significant results last night in Japan becoming the first Asian side to beat a South American side, and Senegal beating Poland. Also for all the sneering about the host team they've scored more goals than anyone else so far. I was hoping Egypt with one of my Liverpool heroes Mo Salah might beat them but it wasn't to be.