Posts by Jonny75

It looks like a semi-reasonable plan, but it feels a bit disingenuous to get fans to sign up for this before setting out clearly what the full album release options look like.

At least you’re not paying up front and so you can quit at any time and keep the tracks. I’m hoping the fact there are payments might force regular updates and some value for money rather than fobbing us off. I thought it was off to a good start.

I’m increasingly thinking the album will be released in instalments and maybe only a final release (with different mixes) at the end of the year. This way Peter can continue to fiddle. For an album with a 21 year wait, he only seemed to start it 2020-2021. These aren’t tracks he’s had baked in for long.

It’s not a good news…

Actually I disagree.

It's £3 a month and will probably just run the year. You'll get all the singles which are £1.20 anyway and you get them in CD/HiRes quality (which was better sounding for Panopticom). You get an extended FMC videos and this one was excellent, going through the demo and some work in progress versions. Then as an extra there are three Back to Front Encores. These three are all among the strongest shows as reviewed here and across all three are the best versions of the unreleased tracks played.

So signing up for this month and then quitting you'll get about £20-30 value and those Encores are otherwise unavailable. Stick with the year and there'll be more to come. There are hints of B-sides. I doubt there are going to be physical singles or some deluxe CD package released. I also even wonder about a physical album -- PG Rated on CD was about a year after the digital release (the vinyl was novelty and played very badly).

Peter has released the HiRes files previously available through vinyl download codes to audio platforms.

However I see some now have HiRes versions of all the live albums and OVO, with Plays Live the full 16 track version. Does anyone know if these additional albums have been remastered by Tony Cousins/Richard Chappell as the other vinyl masters were? I'm a fan of these versions.

The official site is fairly limited on information, although I have contacted them. It would seem odd not to announce that as well as the previous downloads, three extra albums have been released!