Posts by Mark Bataitis

A great set-up but I thought the set list reached the point where the older material became too marginalised. I always admire bands with the conviction to focus on their latest stuff and always defended Genesis's approach in that sense, but on that tour I was a bit saddened they crushed all the older stuff into one medley of snippets. Even Los Endos got dumped!

They considered opening with Behind the Lines but decided not to.

I never liked the medley approach to their old material, play 2 or 3 songs (shorter ones perhaps) in their entirety instead of the 'bone tossing' mish-mash.

It was an interesting one, partly for the very different configuration with Banks in the middle and the guitarists either side. This and the even more varilite-intensive IT show we're impressive. But I'm a big fan of the WCD tour set-up which pushed the lights to the margins and resulted in them being used more effectively, in my view.

I liked the WCD tour lighting as well and the projection screen also. It was a good tour, saw them in Philadelphia (Vet Stadium).

For me, it's the 30 minutes or so of W&W tour rehearsals. If the 'Archive Club' ever was a starter and I had my choice, it would be what they have in W&W material -- album and tour prep recordings. They are my personal 'holy grail'. There are also assorted soundboards, album outtakes and tour session things from WCD, which I came very close to securing many years ago but unfortunately no success.

Haven’t done a snail mail trade in years but I do still collect live music and download the odd show from time to time. And live recordings still represent a fair portion of what I listen to – probably 15 to 20% of the time.

I think what keeps it desirable for me is the fact I was never stuck on collecting live recordings of just one band.

So occasionally I will see something new or something old that piques my interest, but rarely these days is it Genesis or related.

I have a good amount of live material from other acts as well but Genesis pretty much took up most of my time. My collecting days however are and have been pretty much at an end. 5 boxes of bootlegs occupy my cellar, probably 50-60 percent of which I've never even listened to!

The album had it's moments, Leiden didn't like it for sure:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

rightly trying to capitalize on Phil's success

I believe Invisible Touch was the prime example of the above. Subsequent to Phil's 'No Jacket' tour, he and Genesis entered the studio, put IT together and hit the road in what was their biggest money making tour EVER. It made them all millionaires. Sales of the album, tickets, merch, etc was staggering monetarily.

Used to really enjoy trading shows many, many years ago but sadly times change. It was a great feeling to get a parcel through the door with a new show. Torrents have taken the shine off it for me. Gave most of my collection away but still have quite a number of shows.

Mark Bataitis enjoyed the Burp releases very much

You speak my language, torrents and so forth have made it impersonal, took much of the fun out of it. I don't dispute the convenience of them but as you say, getting that jiffy bag of shows, via the post, was half the fun. And glad you liked the BURP gigs, if was fun doing the program and seeing people all over the world collecting them.

at the "Farm" Theres lots of 76/77 board tapes....i would like to get a few more "Lamb" OAM/SDB recordings..there a multitrack recording from the UK "lamb" tour....and the guy who copy the tapes of Milton keynes rehearsals H Odeon 82... could have the Milton Keynes show from the desk its not multitrack recording ,the show was recording in 2 C90 tapes

I remember very well the Farm run down sheet of gig boards, rehearsals (both tour and album). And there are more Lamb OAM and desk recordings 'out there'. There is also an EXTREMELY rare audience sourced show from New Castle '72. However, to my knowledge, this reside with but one individual.

I have wanted a Trick tour jacket for a very long time. I can purchase from whomever might be selling one or swap. I have Duke and 3 Sides Live tour jackets that I would part with in exchange. I have a Wind and Wuthering one as well but I can't part with it. 8)