Posts by thewatcher

I'm a bit odd in which id always look up setlists before i go for toilet/drink break reasons but atm i'll be going to Dublin night 1 and as we know its the opening night of the tour so i wont know the setlist. Ill have to try and not drink much that night as i don't want to be rushing to the bar/toilet and end up missing something like 'Follow You Follow Me'. 'Invisible Touch' etc

https://www.depend.com/en-us/i…e-products/help-me-choose

Have your booze, and drink it! I for one am envious the whole thing will be a genuine discovery.

This sounds divine.

Q: do the raisins plump up in that space of time from being in water overnight? I soaked some in rum once (not for breakfast) and the recipe I found said to soak them for a few days or something! I know it's not the goal maybe, but just curious what state they are.

I like the melody and tempo of FoS, it generates a certain off kilter atmosphere that's unique to it, reminds me more of Trespass than what was to come (in a good way). Some of the lyrics are a little overwrought.

I'd sometimes find it a bit frustrating as like most here I loved to see them do early stuff, but at the same time I respect bands who have conviction in their new material and emphasise that in their gigs. I've been to see bands who perform hardly any of their new stuff and that makes me look at them askance - any act worth their salt should be focusing on their new stuff rather than resting on old laurels.

100% this! I'd have hoped for/expected half the new album or more if I had been old enough to go to the tours in the 80s. I'd have seen them as coasting if they played one or two WCD tracks and then NC+Foxtrot back to back in 1992.

I guess there aren't too many bands that were making music like The Lamb and then ten years later they're one of the biggest bands in the world. I can imagine it was tough to balance this in a show! It would have been nice to hear a Duchess or Counting out Time or something thrown in here or there in later tours for variety and to acknowledge the scope of their prior work.

Very curious to see, with the vantage of 30 years or so since the last PC-era album, what they come up with this time.

3SL (the one with three live sides) and The Longs for me.

I like the energy of 3SL, they were at the top of their game around 81-83. I had it on vinyl and the big inside picture with the glowing lights was very eye-catching. I loved the studio tracks too (except Virgil). It felt like some secret having these non-album tracks tucked away on the 4th side of a live album, and You Might Recall and Evidence of Autumn remain among my favorite Genesis tracks to this day.

The Longs was the second Genesis album I bought, after WCD. I remember being struck by the opening of Dance on a Volcano, the transition from Domino 1 to Domino 2, and all of Home By The Sea. It's not perfect, but I think that album really sealed the deal for me in terms of identifying Genesis as a band of major interest, so I guess the choice is a little personal and less objective!

My frustration is that Genesis really only values their stuff mostly from Duke onward. Their concerts are the “hits” as Tony calls them, and medleys of the old school stuff or stuff like Carpet Crawlers. Their greatest hits album had just a couple Peter era nods.

I don't know if 'value' is the right word but I know what you mean. I get the feeling they know what their catalogue is worth musically, but they naturally play more new material on a given tour and sacrifice older songs. They also have said they have to satisfy all the fans - the people who are there because of the hits and the hardcore fans who would be happy with three hours of b sides. I remember Phil specifically saying that we might be surprised by some of the songs he'd like to play, but that they don't or can't (presumably because they feel the constraints of playing what they view as a commercially viable show).

It bugs me as it bugs you, for me because the so-called problem of having a massive back catalogue and fans of very diverse material could be addressed in some measure by playing different songs on different nights.

After a while as the arena filled up and ticket prices reached $1725

=O

I am so curious what these ticket buyers are expecting from the show. Are they idle fans who are astronomically wealthy? Go along to hear IT for kicks? Buy a ticket because they can? Or hardest of hardcore fans who will see them no matter what, and aren't broke.

None of my beeswax at the end of the day I know.

I don't understand the official artwork. It looks like a hill on the sea at sunset with a dark fluid coming down from the sky ?

I see one small drop of water in the middle, presumably on a glass surface, either a window or mirror. The surface is foggy and through it, or reflected in it, is a sunset or sunrise with red, gold, and stony grey clouds. It's vaguely reminiscent of the cover for ATTWT. There's a big dark blob of shite in the upper center, God knows what it is.

We love Charlie the Butcher and stop there for beef on a weck every time we are in the Buffalo area.

I've heard enough of this. Genesis or no, I'm heading to Buffalo to check out this Charlie the Butcher character. And eat some, or possibly all, of his beef. I don't know what a weck is, but if it enhances the flavor of the beef then fine, I'm all in.

Reckon this leg could get moved to Spring 2022 if it has to be rescheduled once again

Tbh come summer this year I could see the Dublin shows been canned if its a case of the UK govenment allowing Arena sized shows to take place. No point in rescheduling the leg for the sake of 2 Dublin shows

Hope the Irish government allows it. I think enough vaccines will be available at that point that anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be. Why cancel it for the vaccine hesitant? I know variants remain a concern, but I think we are beyond the silver rainbow already so to speak! A "post covid" world that's not really post-covid, but rather post crisis where covid is still with us and will flare from time to time like the flu, but shouldn't result in the gears of civilization grinding to a halt. Nphet has been ultra conservative throughout but a point must come when they realize continued restrictions are unhelpful.

It feel a bit left out. I'm a huge Genesis fan, obviously since I'm on this site, but I was not chosen for the presale. 50% of me is worried I will have to overpay for seats and the other 50% of me is thinking it will just work out.

I was not able to attend PC Not Dead Yet show something came up at the very last minute and gave away my tickets. I'v have been regretting not seeing the show and don't want that same feeling again.

That sucks! I wonder how they choose people for the presale, probably a lottery? And whether touts/bots have found a way into that system.

Hope it works out for you. I thought some of the prices I saw on the presale were eye-watering. And as someone else pointed out, you had to make a pretty quick decision.

Some of these statements by various band members don’t seem to add up. Nic says 25 songs made the set which would suggest a longish concert in terms of length, while Mike says he wants the show kept to 2 hours. Meanwhile Tony says given that fans want to hear certain songs (“the hits”) some “old dogs won’t be running.” To me this suggests a setlist that is heavy on shorter “new” songs and light on the classic stuff. Hope I’m wrong.

I'd say each show is a two hour long version of one song, a different song each night. Hope I don't get the 'misunderstanding' night.

I inadvertently waiting a few hours (I forgot) so there were only 3 ahead of me and I got the ticket within a few minutes. $340 or so for some section on the floor. Steep and probably not the best seat. It will do. More expensive than I thought it would be.

So I got an email that they notify us tonight of whether we were chosen for the presale. Apparently if so we will be able to purchase tickets tomorrow startup at 1000am US eastern time. If that’s the case do I have to be ready at exactly 1000 or if I don’t around to do it until like 1130am is it a big deal?

Not sure. I got a text with a code in it so I assume I was chosen, if that's the right word. I assume it will still work later, but imagine the longer we wait the less choice we'll have. And I have no idea if more people pre-registered than they have tickets for or how that works. Like will there be a huge demand at 10am? I'll be signing on later than that. Fingers crossed it works out!

Leeds 2-2 Tottenham

Sheff Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace

Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-1 Southampton

Wolves 1-0 Brighton

Aston Villa 1-1 Man Utd

West Ham 2-0 Everton

Arsenal 2-0 West Brom

Fulham 2-1 Burnley

Bristol City 1-0 Brentford

Cardiff 2-0 Rotherham

Coventry 3-1 Millwall

Nottm Forest 1-0 Preston

QPR 2-0 Luton

Reading 2-0 Huddersfield

Watford 1-1 Swansea

Dense and ambitious, with moments of breathtaking beauty. Billy at his most Bowie, singing about "counting the spiders, as they crawled up inside her...". The interplay of rich artwork, complex imagery and intricately layered instruments makes this album one I think of as a feast. Try "The Crying Tree of Mercury" or "Blue Skies Bring Tears" and see if you don't feel like you are on a musical planet with a thinner, unsettling atmosphere.

Yikes. I admit I haven't looked at it in quite a while, but that number seems extremely low. Like maybe a year ago I went on and there were dozens of shows. Sure some with one seeder maybe. If I left them overnight I'd have the show the next day, and would have been uploading them too for most of that time.

Hope it stays alive. But even more, it would be terrific if the band released some of the (apparent) trove of live stuff they have in the vault.