Posts by thewatcher

It is, but I wish I could achieve it with David Bowie. Apart from 5 albums my entire Bowie cd collection is missing. Nearly a month after moving and having unpacked and arranged my CDs there is no sign of it. There are some boxes of books and other stuff in the storage area and I've gone through most of them to check if the CDs are among them but no sign of them. I'm reduced to looking in places I already know they're not. If a final check tomorrow doesn't reveal them I'll have to accept the likelihood they got accidentally included in a charity shop bag. A collection I spent years building up... 😔

Awwwww... That's a horrible feeling!

When we moved last year, I lost a box with my PS3 and DVD player in it (lost: the moving truck took an hour to drive a couple of blocks and I have deep suspicions). The ps3 I can live without, but the dvd player was a really nice one that was multiregion. And what bugs me most is that I know there were rare dvds in there that are gone, and I'm not even sure how many or which ones. I definitely had the Genesis live in poland one from the CAS tour, and possibly the movie box set. God knows what else. Possibly a few disks of family photos.

Hope your collection shows up.

Usually just a playlist of the usual Christmas songs, on shuffle/repeat. I'm not that gone on them myself but they do create a festive atmosphere in the house. I remember this growing up and want my kids to feel the same Christmassy vibe.

I do enjoy this though, which I found so surprising when I found it, I thought it was a hoax of some sort

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've picked through it before, is it the same guy that did one for SR? It's not really my cup of tea. I appreciate the effort the creator went to though. Maybe with a team of collaborators it could be something very good.

I'd buy an album boxset if there was a bunch of extra material. I'm not interested in the multiple-copies-of-the-same-album thing, like a mono version, a 5.1 version, etc. I can't tell the difference when I listen to those, and even if I could, I just wouldn't care that much. But if there's previously unreleased material, live versions, b sides, maybe outtakes and so on I can get behind that. Oddly, Genesis don't seem to have that much unreleased stuff. I know some bands that were insanely prolific but beyond the albums Genesis don't seem to have been.

I'm sorry folks, through a kind member on here under my request has gone through Mike Rutherford's solo's works with the Mechanics, I'm not a fan. The music to my ears sound very bland and the same IMHO. :(

With all other Genesis artist solo acts, I love!. 8)

No need to apologise for an opinion! I'm mostly with you, his mechanics work is the very definition of MOR. Though I very much like smallcreep's day and the odd mechanics tune, I find them generally quite middling (my great grandmother's default answer to the question 'how are you?').

On tangent, though kind of related as Led Zeppelin while not grating do fall into the 'overrated' category for me.

100%. I find them a little plodding/lumbering or something. Their brand of heavy rock feels a little unimaginative or square to me. Maybe that's harsh but it's the best I can put it. Another band I think of along the same lines is Pearl Jam. They seem workmanlike more than inspired. Not bad necessarily, just not thrilling.

Smashing Pumpkins new album 'cyr'.

The song 'purple blood' has been stuck in my head for hours (link below). Dark, synthy music that's pretty threatening and vaguely romantic. His mispronounciation of the Irish word 'samhain' on the track Wytchh is funny.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't listen to the radio so I don't consider anything overplayed except perhaps good old Hotel California, a song I once thought of as holy writ.

It must be the most played song across the globe. It's become like wallpaper or something. I don't dislike it, but I would never seek it out.

I had stopped listening to the radio for years until I decided to give local college radio a go in the car. Have discovered countless bands I'd never have heard of otherwise, most of them local. Shazam has been my friend in capturing the songs I like.

Yes, such a shock. I heard he had a heart attack, then passed away a few days later in hospital.

That is so terribly sad, and to read he only retired a few years ago makes it more so. I couldn't help noticing just now he started the coronavirus thread and how simple and heartfelt the first post from him was. Deepest sympathy to his family and the several people here who seemed to have really known him, sorry for your loss.

Re-reading the thread, I'm going to give them another go. I think there are non-music reasons that my subconscious decided they weren't the band for me or something.

So sorry to hear that David Saunders aka NedFlanders123 has passed away. :(

He has a post just above in this topic.

R I P David

😦

I did not know him in person but it is a shock to hear of a forum member passing like that. He seemed like a genuine, nice guy from my limited interaction on here. RIP.

Diego Maradona.

Now there's the passing of a legend. Flawed genius, larger than life. What an unbelievably huge character to be lost from the football world. RIP. Too young.