Posts by Wayne

Remote I know but not totally out of the question, I Mean nothing is impossible. I don’t know if anyone has every asked them their thoughts about performing at Glastonbury. Especially in the legends slot. I guess that would more likely be suited to Phil Collins on his own.

I know that the general consensus on the forum is that Genesis are now over as a touring outfit, but part of me feels that if Glastonbury came knocking for a one off headline slot on maybe a Sunday or the Sunday legend slot they may well be tempted. This would give them a lot of exposure on the Tv Worldwide and thus increase record and cd sales. Does anyone else think this is possibly one of the only reasons another show could happen someday?.

Fair comments from you both I guess if there’s only 20 people who would reply it wouldn’t tempt any record company to re issue. I guess the only way

for it to happen is if the record company realise people are paying such high sums on a regular basis for these sets. I’m guessing that they ain’t aware. I would say that I’ve seen each set sell For between £150 and £ 300 on over 50 occasions in the past three years. If money wasn’t an issue for me (which it is) I’d have already bought them by now.

Would it be possible for Christian to do a poll of who would buy this and who has it but may buy another if it was updated to bluray possibly?. And point it in the record companies direction. Anything would help out cause and I’m sure this would. I would like to see the original back out again, I feel it’s really needed for a lot of folks.

But it just feels as though the format has waned, Genesis did try Selling England By The Pound as a blu ray audio. But it didn't exactly fly off the shelves.

TGA

again another title which the flippers are selling online for top dollar!. I honestly don’t get the powers that be not having another attempt at these. Times have changed the equipment has decreased in price somewhat to replay the discs. Even groups like Marillion are re issuing box sets twice or three times and selling out for example the set for “Misplaced Childhood” has come and gone a couple of times and sold out on each occasion. I agree regarding blu ray becoming the popular format at the moment, but the ability of being able to put more albums per disc although great would possibly decrease sales, as I myself like to see one album each disc. I think with bluray You could possibly get a full set of these on one disc?. Although I’m not sure on capacity which I think is around 50gb per disc in comparison to 4.7 or 8gb approx.

It would be super if they released each box set on Stereo SACD although Stereo and Multi Channel layer discs are equally fine.

If anyone points whoever pulls the strings across to eBay and sees the full set of these for well over £1500 then maybe that would do the trick. I haven’t seen any of them sell for less than £175 and that’s the red set primarily and I’ve been watching these sales for around 5 years.

Does anyone who can do this occasionally view posts in this forum or is it just fans who frequent this site?.

Thanks.

SACD for me is still a very viable option to be honest as I still buy them now I have a player that’s compatible. I have bought a few recently and some of the high end audio labels still use SACD ie, Mofi and Analogue Productions to sell their titles. If they did re issue then the work has already been done, It would be great also for those fans who have got into the group since 2007 and I’m sure there are a lot. Fingers crossed that whoever is involved thinks let’s do it again and see what happens.
    I know this isn’t the forum but a lot of artists re issue albums which are been sold for high prices on the used market. I would hope that Genesis management have been made aware of these silly prices - I noted on here someone was wanting over £300 for a set!. Reissuing product quickly puts a stop to blatant profiteering. It also lets true fans get things they would cherish, I know I would I have nearly bought one of these used sets for over £200 on a few occasions but quickly come to my senses until I considering it once again!.

George Michaels estate are re issuing one of his albums on vinyl which has been selling regularly for over £1000 on Discogs and the profiteers are panicking now thinking their ridiculous sudden windfalls are rapidly disappearing!.

we have been lobbying the idea of rereleasing the boxsets for years when we talk to the management.
    It’s not out of question, but rather unlikely. The sets were expensive to make, then the band doesn’t like the idea of rereleasing stuff etc.

we will keep asking for it, nevertheless!

amazing they don’t like re releasing when they have re issued the albums again separately on vinyl and also some of them on coloured vinyl and half speed. The lobbying of management is very much appreciated, please keep it up. If we had a poll on here requesting who would buy them I’m sure Yoy would get good very positive results to direct in their direction!.

I didn’t actually see the box sets at the time although I did buy the green vinyl Box set, I would definitely want to buy all of them without hesitation. I have seen them and watched the video footage but can’t afford to buy them at the ridiculous prices people are selling them for. If anyone bought two copies I’m willing to buy them at the purchase price!.

why anyone would complain about them is really unbelievable as they are definitive.

I was hoping someone could supply details of who we could email to request a re issue of the box sets, a lot of members don’t have them and it wouldn’t harm trying to get a petition up requesting a repress. I know a few members already own them but what about the rest of us who have waited for 14 years without a hint this will be looked at again!.

Film footage?

more than likely audio which surely must be a good potential earner for the band, I mean probably 95% of those who come to this site would buy it!!. Which to me suggests they either don’t want to release it, they don’t think the quality is good enough for release sound wise or just feel there is no need to expand the catalogue which is Spartan in content at best ( my opinion ). I think the audio from all the live video Material in the past is good enough to release?, especially the one from In concert where the roadies are setting up the stage and has Bill Bruford drumming. A full release of the audio on that would be tremendous.

As well as the live stuff that hasn’t seen the light of the day (there must be some), as I said earlier why the band don’t look at re issuing all the albums on bluray audio which there is a big market for confounds me. We haven’t had one super deluxe edition of any of the classic albums - Black Sabbath have so far released 4 / Paul McCartney has also released a few. Even Lesser know acts like Caravan / Al Stewart / Wishbone Ash have or are releasing massive box sets with extra material.

The annoying thing for me is there probably is some marvellous stuff sat there waiting for someone to take the initiative - pity no one seems to take any. I can only drool at the prospect of seeing a package coming through the post in 2025 with Selling England - containing a 6 LP vinyl with original album over two LPs at 1/2 speed mastering / 2 LPs of demos and outtakes/studio run throughs and two LPs of a live concert. Also the contents would include a tour poster / hard back book and a blu ray of the album at 24/96 or 24/192 and accompanying live footage of that era. I can dream!!.

I take your point but even acts like Joni Mitchell were being recording on reel to reel tape to a satisfactory level before even making it. King Crimson weren’t exactly massive (albeit significantly larger than Genesis I admit) but they took great pains to record lots of their live performances for future release. On the other hand Genesis as we know became a massive band from the late 70s onwards and we haven’t had much to listen to from WAW onwards. I do think they could have at least released the BBC live recordings on the Duke tour which would be most welcome - but once again nothing!. You surely would agree that we haven’t had much at all over the years?.

Yes released a box set of full concerts a few years back which although repetitive In content was very welcome, I wish there was something similar from Genesis - I don’t understand why we haven’t had multiple live releases akin to what Yes / Crimson and Caravan have achieved?.

Maybe is just a simple case if they can’t be bothered with it , seems to me that’s the case to be honest. I’d rather have something from the glory days than a blu ray of the recent tour (as good as that was) any day!.

it would have been great if there was a Grateful Dead mentality back in the day where they allowed professional recording equipment lugged in by the fans to the shows!, that has provided some excellent recordings and was very forward thinking at a time when most fans were having to sneak recording equipment into the gigs.

This question has always been in the back of my mind but the amount of live stuff available from the early days seems like scraps at best. What with the Genesis live album and the archives release With The Lamb and other tracks we seem To have been very poorly served over the years. Why is this?, every artist of any note seems to be releasing stuff (take for example Neil Young who seems to be releasing loads of early acoustic stuff and has three more releases scheduled). We Genesis fans get nothing at all, To be honest it really is getting to me this lack of appreciation that fans want to hear these things. Surely the group took recording equipment to their shows back in the day as other artists were doing?. The lack of such releases or re evaluation of the back catalogue on Blu Ray audio for example seems like a real kick in the teeth to the fans such as myself who gladly would part with money.

I went to see Muse at the 02 on the last tour taking a disabled lady with me who couldn’t stand up, selfish so and so’s in front of me stood up early in the performance with arms flaring. I after seeing this ladies back for four numbers asked if they would kindly sit down so we could see. I stressed that my friend couldn’t stand up and therefore couldn’t see. These ladies sat down for all of two songs then stood up again for the remainder of the concert. How I kept my cool I don’t know but i was progressively getting more and more annoyed with this selfishness !. An expensive evening looking at two women I can tell you!.

I do agree that people seem to spend more time going to the toilet and buying hotdogs and pints of beer ruining others evenings by supping to much.

I think with the way things are over here in the current climate with health and safety they probably won’t re open it till the roof is fully enclosed again. I’m guessing there are a lot of electrical apparatus etc under that massive tarpaulin skin. Plus if it rains as is expected over coming days everything will be wet through. Hopefully it’s a quick repair if they have access to the materials.

I can’t see that been fixed anytime soon it looks like a major issue now 6 full panels have gone. Considering how big the 02 is the amount of material torn is immense. It’s a major shame to be honest, I’m guessing that replacing the roof that’s gone will be a time consuming business it will have to be fully checked and structurally assessed for damage to the sections that held the roof up.

fingers crossed for the concerts that are due this week and next whoever they may be.

What a tremendous group your involved with!, I watched the Lamb last week that you guys performed on YouTube from beginning to end as was blown away by how good it was. My girlfriend also a fan watched it and was as equally impressed. I wish you would play internationally but I understand that you ain’t a touring act as such which is a shame for us fans in the Uk.

Great, Great stuff as are your expert and accurate performances of the other artists You have covered.