Posts by Wayne

I would assume it's purely financial, that anticipated sales wouldn't justify the cost. But, given how much they retail for second hand maybe I'm wrong and there's another reason.

yes I’ve been looking on eBay for around two years for these, there was a set of four that went for £400 in Germany last month and I forget to bid!. I was pig sick for a week afterwards!. There is a set of 5 for a ridiculous amount of well over £1500 on eBay USA. They just don’t seem to drop in price. I’m guessing the first one (possibly the most sort after) won’t go down in price and it usually sells for over £225. I’d like them but not that much. There are probably many 1,000s of new fans since 2007 and I’d bet a lot of these are wanting these as much as I do!.

I’d be up for expanded editions for all albums up to and including Abacab (at least). Including:

Yep, I’d buy those - hopefully on a regular release schedule (one every 6-9 months) - without blinking. My suspicion is that the box sets released before 2010 are felt to have most of the above already covered (or at least, there’s the view that they have, by the band itself).

you would think that the group would be interested In releasing products that not every fan has?, it just doesn’t seem to make sense to me to be honest. They are probably sitting on a lot of potential incoming money from people like us. I mean most folks have excess money to spend at the moment due to the inability to spend anything apart from online. I wish they would do as you suggest.

I still don’t understand why they have only been released on one occasion, Cds and SACDs get multiple reissues. Sadly doesn’t seem to be the case with these. Would love these to be updated to bluray release or original I don’t mind at all!.

What’s the point In putting all that care and attention and work into one release, if anyone has any ability To re consider reissue would be great if they could look at this again.

I didn’t know that when did this become available , I’ll look into that thanks . Apologies I wasn’t aware of that at all. When was there this change of policy?, as I’ve got a few lined up which I wasn’t aware of been able to claim a refund ?. Must be a new thing.

I’m not speaking specifically with regard to the group, I’m speaking about the inability to get a refund. With respect as far as I’m aware you can’t get a refund unless they cancel the whole thing. I have 20 concerts all which have been moved back once at least, various artists of course and it is the same with all of those concerts. Ticketmaster don’t offer refunds unless the event is cancelled completely here in the UK. Most of the concerts I have booked were initially booked before there was any sign of the virus anywhere. The genesis one was booked the day of them going on sale As far as I was aware Coronavirus wasn’t an issue here in the Uk at that time I think there may have been one or two cases in the UK, it certainly wasn’t the terrible problem it is now.

The only issue with it is eventually some of these shows are bound to clash it’s inevitable. But I personally would gladly take a refund. I think this could be offered to all those who would rather not go and I bet there are a lot who have had second thoughts.

The main problem I think which hasn’t been mentioned is Money!, that’s why it hasn’t been cancelled for sure. How much money has been invested in these concerts probably a few million on stage sets and everything else such as hiring of concert halls. So I doubt we will be offered a refund which I would take now. To be honest if they cancel again I think it’s really taking the fans for idiots. Wasn’t it Jon Bon Jovi who cancelled a tour to enable the fans to have their money back rather than it be held by the promoter ?. I do think the streaming show is a good idea and I would pay part of my refund to view it.

I’d say it’s a certainty April won’t be happening now, lockdown till the middle of February here in the UK as a minimum leaves 6 weeks approx to be back to full concerts - no chance at all, they need to let us know as surely they must know by now that it won’t be happening?. Refund all the money and cancel is the only logical option. With the new strain now been the dominant one chances are such large event’s would be more risky to put on and logistically more impractical?. So I think cancelling should be considered. £900 is a lot of money to be left in Ticketmaster’s account for two years and I for one could do with it!.

Obviously I would be gutted as everyone else but you have to look at the bigger picture, would everyone enjoy a show in such circumstances - I doubt it.

Here’s hoping we won’t have all this “Jab and Go” situation which we are seeing on a famous companies adverts here in the UK. At this rate probably 10% of those who are attending will be vaccinated and what’s the betting most of those will have only had one jab !!.
    I can see it being a stipulation of attending such shows when we eventually get back to reality.

I was listening to a radio broadcast yesterday and they were interviewing a guy who worked in the live music and performance industry here in the UK, and he gave some very interesting thoughts about concerts for next year. He was involved with tours and live events and obviously had a lot of knowledge as to the state of play with concerts. He said that he didn’t think any concerts would be back to normal before the end of next year at the earliest and most likely 2022. He said the new virus mutation has really affected planning for any live events. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This should of been a great christmas with memories of the tour lingering in our minds

Hope im wrong but sadly think March/April 2021 is too soon for big indoor concerts even with the good proximity of the venues (it's all located in the same Isle and not a world/european tour). If it's to be rescheduled once again let's hope it can be done in Autumn 2021

I can’t see it happening 2021 probably April 2022 with all this what’s happening in the Uk with the mutant strain of the virus. Not a chance I’m afraid!. Also by April I would guess that not even half of the country will have been vaccinated and they more than likely won’t let you come into the show without it.

The Dire Straits albums have been re-released in this way. There was absolutely no point in my buying them. There were no undiscovered tracks, no nothing.

it all depends if you already had the items I guess, i haven’t got these high resolution discs or the books or the video footage so for me it would be a valuable re issue probably more than any other I can think of.

They could at least re issue the three box sets (red/Blue/green), for those of us who didn’t get them first time around. A lot of groups have re issued box sets or repressed the same content recently for example Marillion with Misplaced Childhood who repressed 2,000 copies of that which have quickly sold out again. I’m sure the box sets would sell well.

Record pressings nowadays are a very hit and miss affair I’ve found, I’ve read good things about the Seconds Out but didn’t buy it due to having it four times already and I always thought that was good enough for me. If you can get any of the original Uk pressings that’s a good place to start. If you can afford the Japan pressings then that is also an Avenue i’d consider if I could afford it !!

I still think they will change the shows to outdoor if intending to have them early next year (in the summer months). If not I think it will be delayed to October onwards at the earliest on an enclosed performance.

april - moved to June/July outdoors nice weather and less risk.

I personally wouldn’t be against that if the vaccine hasn’t been given to most of those at risk. And if it was outdoors or nothing at all then outdoors would be ok.
    I would also anticipate that most of the attendees average age would be over 40 (I’m 55), and therefore not be as carefree as say an 18 year old attending these shows

the last time I saw a concert was Jan 2020 indoors it seems an age ago!, i’m looking forward to seeing anything to be honest it’s been so long.

I honestly feel it’s a simple thing regarding this tour, if they as a group felt they couldn’t pull it off it wouldn’t be happening at all. I’m sure that the three of them wouldn’t want to be the object of ridicule or a laughing stock. As I have said before they have a reputation to uphold and as proud as they are I’m sure they wouldn’t want to go out with bad reviews. For me I’m thinking this is going to be great, I am sure it will be great!. I went to see them at Old Trafford and I thought that was marvellous even though I was sat well back. I loved it and will love this if it happens!.

They don’t need the money and don’t need the hassle of been classed as past it!, look what happened to poor Keith Emerson people ridiculed his later work and it tipped him over the edge. Musicians are only human and I’m sure if there was any chances it’s not going well in rehearsal the plug would be pulled and it would be cancelled. I do think a small test Concert may happen just to Be doubly sure it’s going to work out - which it will!.

I'm probably the most relaxed of the lot around here: since Genesis died in 1977, I haven't the slightest expectation ;)

can’t understand that point of view at all with respect. Although I’m a Gabriel era fan firstly I rate

“Duke” and “Self Titled” up there with their best work. They moved with the times, became more commercial but for sure those two albums are as good as anything they did with Gabriel and better for me than Wind and Wuthering.