Posts by Simon1967

Although I was already aware of the Genesis world as a callow schoolboy, via Solsbury Hill in February '77 and of course Follow You Follow Me, I can truly trace my fandom back to teatime on Friday 31 March 1978 and hearing this track for the first time. It's an old hackneyed trope to say "life-changing", yet maybe in this instance it's also true.

Wow great recollection of when you heard it!...can you remember what you had for tea as well? 😆

Only just managed to book some accommodation. Very little available and what there was, stratospherically expensive - even more so than the PG tix!

indeed...adds up to an expensive evening. at least there wasn't the full deluxe dinner special option with a PG quiz!....got some tickets for Primal Scream for next year, £40 each and 10 minute walk from home, which is much better value for me!

Mostly Autumn last Sunday. A truly great live band. They create such a huge sound. We've going to they gigs for about 20 years now. I just don't get why they remain with only such a minority following.

Saw them many moons ago...tbh, i didn't realise they were still going, will have to take another look

It'll presumably be 76 tour stuff you heard, when PC was still not fully confident communicating with the audience so MR and SH did a couple of the intros. I'm not aware TB did any on that tour or ever but it made me wonder the same thing too.

Yes SH introduced Firth and Mike did YOSW and White Mountain..both around 76-78 tours..Tony was no doubt fine tuning the Mellotron!

on a slight tangent but in relation to live shows...was listening to a show recently where Mike and Steve introduced songs.. got me thinking if Tony has ever introduced a song or if ever actually spoken at a show! (ignoring backing vocals)?

Can't think of any, but must be sometime...possibly 🤔

Harry Hill the comedian tonight...not very rock and roll, but probably more laughs than an 'evening with Tony' '....only kidding Tony, still a legend 😉

Yes..2 small venues down my way in Kent already closed this year , which is sad to see

How were PSB?..good live, as usual i hope as due to see them again at the weekend

Paradoxically, I think solo Phil might be better than Genesis. Young people really hum In The Air Tonight a lot. :) This track was even in the TikTok version once. :) That's why I think that some concerts will be- solo Phil too. Otherwise, this Concord company WILL NOT REACH to young people.

I think 'reaching the people ' is more likely to happen via tracks appearing in films, adverts and tv shows...just look at what happened to Kate Bush via Stranger Things!

It's actually quite enjoyable in a bizarre kind of way. I'd recommend it to any Genesis fan who have a decent knowledge of of the band and a slightly warped sense of humour. Definitely say avoid to anyone else !!

Yes there are some real nuggets on Genesis history!...clearly over the last 45 years or so i have been mislead by other sources of band information🤣

That was a great moment, even when the SR bit was removed in Europe. But I disagree that's the exception to Ben's assertion. Abacab was superb on that tour, That's All never sounded better, and I liked the one-off performances of The Brazilian and the whole TTT. Los Endos was incendiary at those gigs. The only low point for me was their persistence with the TIOA 60s medley.

yes definately some highlights as mentioned....to me the IT shows in London were much more about the band becoming one of the biggest shows around, and well deserved after years of hard work....although whenever I listen to the SR closing section played in the US (especially the LA forum version), can't help thinking that Europe was slightly short changed!