Posts by Simon1967

Lee & Lifeson have said more than once that while they don't rule out working together in some capacity it won't be Rush as they can't call themselves that without Peart. So it's beyond 'probably'.

Touched to read they did YYZ as it was Hawkins's favourite Rush track.

yes did YYZ with a backdrop picture of Taylor and Neil, sitting together smiling...for a 55 year old, brought a large lump to my throat

time and tide wait for no man...as someone once said. yes, this seems to be the end of the line, but 2 tours in nearly 30 years...so have got used to the idea of them not being around much,!

Feel the same having seen the Rush boys at the weekend....bitter sweet feelings...great to see them playing and having fun, but also hammered home, that Rush are probably done as a band....unfortunately

I got through the first two tracks, what there is of them but had to give up. Is it fragmented like that all the way through?

I mean, thanks for posting and yes you're right, in some ways it's good to find anything at all given how little 70s stuff is available so I don’t mean to sound nitpicky but if it's like that throughout I can't watch it.

The sound isn't too bad.

It just seems to be short bursts of each song, and a bit longer of SR...maybe all that could be used from a very old 8mm film

appreciate that this may have come up before, and I may have missed, but stumbled over this whilst on YT....not bad for the time , taking into account other limited videos available

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i think that the 92 Earls Court show is the one that i have the least memory off...maybe a point in my life when lots of other things going on. Didnt help that I went with an ex girlfriend, as we had split up, but she still wanted to go to the show!

2 other memories of the night...arriving late just as house lights went down and being taken to the only 4 empty seats in the middle of the 3rd row....great timing

also, going to a packed Indian restaurant in EC after the show and getting 50% taken off the bill due to the long wait for the food....funny how remember stuff

apart from the old section and Driving the last Spike, don't remember much else!

first genesis show was Hammersmith 82. Aged 15 at the time...still remember a stunning show. Of course at the time had no idea that were at their peak...subjectively of course ! Had the boot for saratoga springs, which was played to death at the time

And I can remember when The Ramones opened for Black Sabbath at the Long Beach Arena (California Nov. 1978) and got a deluge of bottles thrown at them! I was young and not very amused by this behavior although I did not like their type of music but thought that they did not deserve such a rude reception.

So it appears this happened to them more than once, poor dudes :(

Similar experience when saw Morrissey supporting Madness at Finsbury park..probably around 92. A rowdy crowd on the beers most of the afternoon and Morrissey wasn't quite to their liking! 🥺