Posts by Simon1967

And I can remember when The Ramones opened for Black Sabbath at the Long Beach Arena (California Nov. 1978) and got a deluge of bottles thrown at them! I was young and not very amused by this behavior although I did not like their type of music but thought that they did not deserve such a rude reception.

So it appears this happened to them more than once, poor dudes :(

Similar experience when saw Morrissey supporting Madness at Finsbury park..probably around 92. A rowdy crowd on the beers most of the afternoon and Morrissey wasn't quite to their liking! 🥺

I love the tours and I did struggle with Nad’s voice a little - although in recent tours I think he has become stronger and the sound has improved so I enjoy him now. But I completely agree about the visuals. Even though Steve is the ‘star’ it’s odd to have the singer to one side and slightly to the rear. This is coupled with a lack of chat from the stage. Nad doesn’t speak and Steve doesn’t speak much. When he does he’s good at speaking to the crowd and it creates a much warmer and stronger atmosphere. We have also lost the charisma of Gary O’Toole on the drums. Now he is doing whole Genesis albums he sometimes

plays the whole thing without saying a word. All this leads to the atmosphere of a recital, rather than a concert. It’s a shame because he is very good when he tries because he is witty and a nice bloke with an interesting story to tell. Having worked with Phil and Peter he must know how important those bits of chat are.

Yes agree...although Steve is a great musician, he isn't the next Freddie Mercury!...sometimes there can definitely be a lull in the atmosphere. Having said that i am still thinking of attending a show, but mainly because i like his solo stuff, especially Spectral Mornings album, more of it please!

i have seen Steve on several old solo tours and a few of the new Genesis shows. Don't have an issue with him doing them, but for me i struggle to get into Nad' s voice and also the fact that he is not center stage. He tends to stay fairly static while Steve takes center stage.

Guess i am used to seeing either Peter or Phil taking charge of the show and the same with some tribute bands for the vocalist

Musically can't complain at all, just that the visual aspect doesn't grab me...but that is just my opinion!

although not always thought of these as sad albums, but just very emotional for me:

Hats - the Blue Nile

Spirit of Eden - talk talk

The Waterboys..one of my favs bands from the 80's...saw them several times and were a great live act in the mid 80's. First 4 albums are great and This is the Sea, is a classic

if no official release, then this multicam edited upload from Amsterdam, may be the best we will get!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

good technical skills in doing this....way beyond my level!

Two tracks really stood out for me, the magical rearrangement of Duchess and the most powerful Second Home by the Sea the band has ever played.

My thoughts indeed...second hbts was probably the biggest suprise for me. Never been one of my favourites, but thought that they really gave it everything..with Nick leading the charge...a great moment.

as for Duchess, has been in my top 3 for a long time, so was a real emotional highlight

Rush and Genesis are probably the 2 constant bands for me through the last 40 years plus....IMO, they have produced several classic albums, Moving Pictures at the top of these list, but several others close behind....a band that stayed true to their own path

with the sad death of Taylor Hawkins, have seen several references to Rush appear and especially Mr Peart. if you havent seen it , check out the Foo's inducting Rush into the R and R Hall of fame, along with their amusing cover of 2112!