Posts by Mozo

No doubt! I’m going to say something that might be a bit contentious among the fan base—-but CAS has on it probably one of the top ten Genesis songs ever, The Dividing Line. It’s almost impossible to pick a uniform top ten list of songs by the band, (their cup runneth over) but arguably you WOULD have to consider The Dividing Line on there.

Funnily enough, I'd agree. But it's a different song!

In my case, it's One Man's Fool.

Let's face it, most bands favour their recent material live, especially when there's an album to promote. We've all seen it, and it's part of the way it works usually.

However, in this case the "newest" Phil material is nearly 30 YEARS OLD itself.

There is no new material. There's old stuff, very old stuff, and ancient stuff.

On the whole they seem to shy away from playing anything that some of the crowd won't know. They probably thought playing Ripples last time was "brave" for that reason.

This is the first PG album I bought as a PG fan - I hadn't discovered him when PG3 came out.

It was an exciting time. This album, the tour, the South Bank Show special, and also the Milton Keynes reunion, which I've already droned on about in other threads.

I played this album a lot at the time. It seemed very forward thinking, very creative. I don't think it has aged well. It's got that early 80s digital sound which I'm not a fan of. For me, the fact is I just don't listen to it very often.

I still love Rhythm, San Jacinto and Wallflower. And to be honest I can live without the rest of it.

PG2 never seems to get much attention, but I think that album has remained interesting in a way this one hasn't. This one is comfortably my least favourite PG solo album.

The That's All-Stars?

I can see them going very Route 1 for an opener - Land of Confusion or Abacab.

The 2007 show was slightly more varied than I expected - BTL, Ripples.

I can see this one being less varied, and being all about the obvious choices. I really hope I'm wrong.

But Secret world even beame a bigger monster live. Very powerful!

Yes, even better live.

I was slightly disappointed when this album came out initially. Still enjoyed it, but a bit disappointed.

Around 2000 I was going through a tough time and this album was my constant companion and helped me through (along with the live album of the tour).

It's still my favourite of PG's albums, because it touches me in a way none of the other albums do. I think he must have been in a very deep/spiritual place at the time he made this album.

Blood of Eden

Washing of the Water

Secret World

Tough one. Im surprised In Your Eyes isn't at the top, as it's comfortably top in my opinion. Although I prefer to see it at the beginning of Side 2, not at the end!

I'm a big PG solo fan ( I saw this tour) and a HUGE Kate Bush fan, but to be honest, Don't Give Up has always left me a bit cold. I think it's the chorus.

Along with IYE I went with Sledgehammer and That Voice Again

Massive XTC fan here. Would be very glad to get some XTC and Partridge related waffle going in this thread.

But I'm away for the next week, so I can't get it going just yet.

If anyone's interested we could do an album by album discussion. Not necessarily in the chronological order.

When the tour gets on its way, this or a new thread that does have the set list will have *SPOILER ALERT*?

I really like to be surprised. I know that is hard in this day and age, but I was able to hold back most of the set list in 2007 and was surprised with a few songs.

Me too. I hate setlist spoilers, so if/when the UK shows actually happen, I'll be staying away from here for a bit.

I still remember my surprise and delight in 2007 when they launched in Behind the Lines in Manchester.

And when they played Ripples, by brain pretty much melted.

I know I've definitely read (or heard on Tabletop Genesis) what the cover is supposed to mean.

But it's gone from my memory and even looking at the cover again doesn't help jog my memory. THAT'S how unclear the cover is!

Having said that, I still think it's a really good cover. And nicely fits the wintry vibe of the album.

I think Turn It On Again, while it may be a predictable choice, would really get the audience going & say ' Genesis are back'!

I like that idea.

I saw Tears for Fears 2 years ago. They opened with Everybody Wants to Rule the World, which i thought was a pretty gutsy move. But also very confident.

TIOA would be a great opener