Posts by Mozo

Tough one for me this one. As a PG nut from about about 82 onwards, this is the first album of his that disappointed me on some level.

I don't think it's a bad album by any means, how could it be. But I don't play it much, and that tells me something.

Darkness

My Head

Barry Williams

Started with the Invisible touch tour and have seen them on every tour since then. Wish I could have been at a Mama tour gig or 76/77 show.

Earlier shows would also be something, but thanks to The Musical Box I kind of had the experience how that might have been. :love:

Quite. They are a gift to the world IMO!

I think the relatively recent Selling England show was amazing, though the extravaganzas were great too. Where else are you going to see Seven Stones!

I'm really hoping those Lamb shows don't get cancelled, as I've got tickets for 2 shows.

I'm surprised to see the Lamb lagging behind. I'm biased because it's my favourite album, but I think the art/packaging is next level.

I love Wind and Wuthering. I don't know whether it's a coincidence, but the artwork matches the contents perfectly IMO. (As does ATTWT but i didnt choose that one). W&W =autumn and ATTWT = winter, in my head!

The cover to Seconds Out is the main reason I lusted after a Les Paul as a youth, especially one with the pickguard still on (guitarists will understand!)

The Tabletop Genesis podcast helped keep me sane last year through lockdown. Many long walks in the evenings were accompanied by the podcast.

The presenters are likeable, entertaining and knowledgeable, IMO. Also, I like podcasts where there are several people having a discussion, rather than one or two people having to keep it going.

At this point, the TG team have covered pretty much all of the main Genesis releases and a good few solo albums too

as genesis fans, i thought it would have been difficult to avoid listening to music from Marillion due to the various comparisons. Saw Marillion numerous times in early 80's and some great Marquee shows.

Should try the Clutching at Straws album, which imho is one of their best

Yes, my personal favourite Marillion album.

I saw them touring Script for a Jester's Tear in Liverpool. Some amusing wag called out for Supper's Ready, to which Fish replied with some well chosen, er, words, which were not ambiguous.

I listened to this yesterday. I've been listening to the whole of the Rockonteurs podcast and it's been pretty excellent stuff. The Nile Rodgers episode in particular was fantastic.

I really enjoyed the episode with Mike. He sounds in very good form, and more open than I expected for some reason. Some conciliatory noises towards Steve I thought too.

The usual self deprecating stuff from Mike, and I would thoroughly recommend everyone has a listen.

I have been absolutely knocked out by this video.

The quality is astounding given the source. It really helps to bring alive what it would have been like to see and hear the band at this stage in their career.

Anyone on here who hasn't seen it needs to now!

Go on then, while I'm here...

Suzanne Vega - I never wear white

Juliana Hatfield - Sneaking around

Rolling Stones - Rip this joint

Beatles - Too much monkey business

Grace Slick - Seasons

Super Furry Animals - keep the cosmic trigger happy

Abba - disillusion

Al Stewart - Broadway Hotel

David Ruffin - Rainy night in Georgia

All about Eve - Witches Promise

I think if we're playing "odd one out" I may have a shot at this one.

My itunes is obviously a bit obsessed with borders at the moment.

kate bush - all we ever look for

elo - across the border

suzanne vega - honeymoon suite

temptations - my girl

randy newman - memo to my son

china crisis - african and white

10cc - im mandy fly me

fotheringay - restless

eagles - on the border

al stewart - leave it

Out of interest, is the second Epping Forest a reprise, or a dramatic reworking? Maybe just an acoustic version? Mike and Phil only?

That would work well leading into the emotional Please Dont Ask

I can see they've put a lot of thought into this.

Wot Gorilla will bring the house down before the encore.

Thank you for this. It's given me a proper chuckle this morning :D

Hmmm, maybe I will...

It's like a game of chess. "Backdrifter has chosen a song from Selling England. Hmmm. Surely it's going to be one of the big hitters, so maybe Cinema Show? But wait that's too obvious, and so I bet they're go for a less obvious choice, to confuse us. Hang on, but surely they know that as Genesis obsessives we'll go for an obscure choice, so they'll end up picking an obvious choice, as a double bluff"

This is what lockdown does to you

You've forgotten we did non-album, I gave you that after you guessed the right sources (Spot EP and MTM b-sides) but got the wrong tracks.

But yay! You've whittled it down. Just Lamb (you got side 4 right) and ATTWT (it's a side 2 track).

Excellent. You can't buy this sense of satisfaction.

You'll have to move onto solo albums next!