Posts by MoonlitKnight

The tour, and preparation are dealt with in an 80 page chapter - which I've not got to yet.

I've quickly skimmed the chapter though. There are quotes from the guys putting the slides together - Theo Botchuijver and Jeffrey Shaw in which they recall a 'pivotal trip' to NYC to gather material and numerous meetings and phone calls with PG.

If you're on the fence about this book, I'd say just get it. I know it's expensive for a paperback, but I'm really enjoying it so far and learning a lot despite considering myself quite knowledgeable about The Lamb.

The Musical Box Lamb tour this year is also preceded by a documentary with Botchuijver talking about the slides and show - very interesting. Maybe it's on Youtube?

Thanks for the information. I’ll look on YouTube for the documentary. I’m really look forward to seeing The Musical Box this May in Philadelphia!

Sounds cool. I’ll give it a try.

Someone else can step in and correct me here, but my memory of downloading from that site (it has been a good while), was that I downloaded BitTorrent, set it up, and then just selected the concert I wanted. Someone has to be seeding it of course, otherwise it just hangs in purgatory. If there are several seeders the download is faster.

Thanks for the help. Mind if if I ask what “seeding” means?

Don't necessarily accept what these grey market releases claim themselves to be. Many are described incorrectly as radio broadcasts to get around copyright loopholes in certain countries and give them some dubious legality so they can be sold through legitimate outlets. The 1982 reunion rehearsal is typical - it's a soundboard recording of a behind-closed-doors rehearsal in Hammersmith Odeon and was of course never broadcast. The CD claims it to be in front of a small audience at Hammersmit Palais which subsequently went out on the radio, how do they make up this crap? It's not even the full thing, dropping several tracks to fit it onto a single CD.

I think it's very much a case of buyer beware with these kind of releases. The labels that put them out are rarely dilligent in searching out the best sources - the Ultimate Lyceum has tracks missing tracks, muddy sound and is mono, when there are several top quality versions in circulation that they could have easily downloaded instead of whatever source they used.

These things are 100 % unauthorised and no royalties will ever find themselves to the band or their record label, so just download them off the Movement instead, at least you know what version you're getting.

Ok, so here is the single most stupid question undoubtedly ever asked on this forum: how does one download something from The Movement website? I am a techno-idiot of epic proportions, and every time I go on that site (numerous times over the last few years) I'm always left flummoxed, unable to figure how to download a concert. I'm counting on the understanding and sympathy of my fellow fans to shield me from the slings and arrows of well-deserved mockery over my computer illiteracy.:)

The links didn't work. I'll admit my ignorance here and inquire about where you can purchase those types of CDs. I keep finding listings of bootleg concert CDs online, but every site I come across makes a big deal out of trading CDs instead of selling them for cash (despite the fact we all know that cash, cash, cash can do anything well :))

agree with comments...often worth waiting a few weeks/months for the dynamic pricing to settle down..if gigs don't sell out. I have also picked up cheaper tickets a few days before shows, if take a chance.

Some shows seem heavily priced compared to potential demand

Definitely true. The show likely won’t sell out, meaning there will be resellers desperate to unload. So patience is definitely a virtue. It can be nerve wracking playing that game, but it can pay huge dividends in saving. Back around 2010 I paid just $25 for Baltimore Ravens playoff game tickets by waiting to buy tickets until 2 days before. I froze my backside off but at least they won lol.

100% spot on, both on your comments on Hackett's guitar playing and reaction vids. I am not a fan AT ALL of the guitar solo he has tacked on to the end of Supper's Ready. It is just so "un-Steve" and in my opinion detracts from the natural drama at the end of that masterpiece of a song. As for reaction videos, it struck me a while back that every reaction video I was watching was overwhelming positive, with the "reactor" gesticulating in awe over how great (fill in the blank) song is, which of course leads to the inevitable hundreds of "thumbs up" from fans of the band and pleas that the reactor do (this other song) by the same band. At least in the case of this particular video I do get the sense that the person doing the reacting is both qualified and genuine.

5. It's very bland, with the exception of some mildly interesting chord changes and arrangement around the bridge. I imagine Tony thinking that if it was a mechanics song it would be a hit, or something along those lines. I think Banks at his most interesting solo was The Fugitive, where he was being more true to himself. For his non-classical music career, he had the option of doubling down on that, which he didn't, or trying to be consciously more mainstream and commercial, which he did - with poor results.

Agree that A Piece of You was the highlight of this album.

I agree about The Fugitive. It along with A Curious Feeling are his only two solo albums that I enjoy listening to start to finish. And I quite like his singing voice on The Fugitive—rather Al Stewartesque to my ear.

Pretty underwhelming setlist on this tour in my opinion. Nothing close to “classic” stuff other than the Old Medley (which didn’t work to well for me on that tour—The Musical Box doesn’t fit well in the middle of a medley. It needs to be at the end). At least some of the early shows on the IT tour featured Supper’s Ready at the end of the old medley and Los Endos at the end of the setlist

The Carpet CRAWL

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.