Posts by MoonlitKnight

—Abacab Tour, 1981, Landover, MD

—Three Side Live Encore Tour, 1982, Columbia, MD *(favorite show!).

—Mama Tour, 1983, Landover, MD

—Invisible Touch Tour, 1987, Landover, MD; and Washington, DC.

—Turn it on Again Tour, 2007, Washington, DC.

I’d love to see them do the second half of Supper’s Ready. Maybe as part of an Old Medley a’la the early shows of the IT Tour. Phil’s voice can’t handle the 666 section anymore, but perhaps they could project the footage from the ATOTT concert film of Phil singing that section as the band plays live on stage? Then Phil could sing the final section “And it’s hey babe” etc live. It shouldn’t be any more of a strain on his voice than Afterglow.

I’ve always liked Match of the Day. It’s a fun and quirky song, and as an American its “Britishness” reminds me of Gabriel-era stuff. Spot the Pigeon is a catchy ditty. Inside and Out is overrated in my opinion. The first part is You’re Own Special Way with different lyrics; the second half is a standard Yes-style “ain’t you impressed with how fast I can play” prog keyboard solo and lacks the passion of Tony’s best solos (Apocalypse in 9/8 and Cinema Show).

For me SR is not only the greatest song Genesis ever recorded it’s also the greatest song in rock history. My single favorite moment in attending concerts was to hear SR in 1982 at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland. One thing that always strikes me when listening to bootlegs of the 82 tour is how ebullient the reaction was in the US at the end of SR as compared to Europe. One of the LA shows was particularly raucous. The eruption of applause as Phil delivers the word “Jerusalem” builds into a crescendo that drowns out the musical outro. And who can forget the light show during the vocal sections that immediately bracket Apocalypse in 9/8? Phil on the platform with smoke swirling around him, surrounded by brilliant red lights and highlighted by a blinding white light shining straight up on him from below. So shimmering and otherworldly.

See the list below. Far and away my favorite show was the 1982 Encore Tour—Supper’s Ready, The Lamb/Watcher. Superb! I knew things had changed for the worse when I was in a car full of people driving to the IT show at RFK Stadium. I was playing a cassette recording from the King Biscuit Flower Hour of a show from the Mama Tour. When In the Cage started a girl in the backseat said “We want to listen to Genesis. Turn this stuff off!” Argh.

Sorry no tic pics, but . . .

Abacab Tour 1981, Capital Center, Wash, DC.

Encore Tour 1982, Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, Maryland.

Mama Tour, 1983, Capital Center, Wash, DC.

IT Tour (twice), 1987: Capital Center and RFK Stadium, Washington, DC.

Turn it in Again Tour, 2007, Washington, DC.

I live in the NC mountains two hours north of Charlotte and have seen Abacab four times. They are definitely worth checking out if you're in the area. They play a setlist that's not too different from what Genesis has played in the 90s and beyond - lots of hits with some epics and a surprise or two tossed in there as well.

I live on the lower Eastern Shore of MD. Ever heard of a band called “The Genesis Show”? They play the east coast (not sure if they’ve made it down to NC). They used to do the W&W tour, then started alternating between the Abacab and Encore tours. Their website says they’re gonna do one more show (combo playing the entire Three Sides Live album and some songs played at the 1982 reunion show). Also says this will be the last time they play Supper’s Ready for a while so I’m assuming they’ll be doing the Duke or ATTWR tours after that. Fantastic band wealth worth seeing.

I live in the NC mountains two hours north of Charlotte and have seen Abacab four times. They are definitely worth checking out if you're in the area. They play a setlist that's not too different from what Genesis has played in the 90s and beyond - lots of hits with some epics and a surprise or two tossed in there as well.

Greetings from Maryland to my fellow Genesisphiles. I’m new to this site; because I want to respect the wishes of those who wish to keep it dark when it comes to a spoiler song being in the potential setlist I won’t mention it by name. To be clear, this is not my ideal setlist. If I had my way the only thing we’d hear from IT is the full version of T, T, T; the full version of Domino; and Do the Neurotic (hey, a man can dream lol). With that in mind, my “likely“ setlist is:

Abacab

No Son of Mine

Land of Confusion

Dancing with the Moonlight Knight (intro)

Carpet Crawlers

Follow You, Follow Me

Spoiler
    Misunderstanding

Domino I and II

Throwing it All Away

Mama (possibly dropped if Phil can’t handle it vocally; If dropped ICD is slotted here).

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight/Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance

Percussion Duet/Los Endos

Encores:

Turn it on Again

The Lamb/Musical Box (would love it if they did the Lamb/Watcher circa 1982 but it ain’t happening).