Posts by Phil Morris

is there some sort of list of all tracks recorded by Genesis members from their earliest recording through Nursery Cryme. I'm looking to build a chronological play list from day one through Trespass and include everything done by the band members both together and separately. I could try to build one but wondered if one were readily available. Thanks.

I don't envy anyone trying to place all of Ant's tracks within that framework, not least given their writing versus recording dates. You may as well try to include Collins's session work at the same time. 😁

A release on the Audio Vaults label, Audio Vaults | Rare & Collectable Music Releases | United Kingdom - this will be an official release, Burning Shed don't do bootlegs. Presumably a result of the Apollo deal. Expect more of these, that £300m isn't going to create itself.

BS have been stocking this type of legal-but-unauthorised release for some time. For which I've been both surprised and a little disappointed. (Though I guess that No-Man back catalogue alone don't pay the bills.) As Christian already suggested, this has absolutely nothing to do with the sale of the back catalogue.

Interesting read, thx :)

Looks like details about other countries have not been part of the research? Are there plans to do that, also articles about other albums, i.e. Nursery cryme?

I fear for anyone's sanity attempting to uncover all the different release dates in different territories. It gets complicated enough going back only 10 years to uncover where releases appeared first and on what date.

Brighton 2003 was excellent, but my favourite shows of his were Hammersmith '83 and 2011 and Earls Court '93 (one of the best tours I've ever witnessed).

Collins's Big Band show left me somewhat cold, though I was expecting that. However, it was great to see him back behind the kit for a full show.

As for Genesis, the 1992 indoor shows were an unexpected marvel. I also really enjoyed the '98 tour (Earls Court excepted).

This month's Prog magazine includes a 2023 calendar of Paul Whitehouse artwork including Genesis and VdGG album covers, though my real reason for getting it is a feature on Days Of Future Passed, the Moodies album, on its 55th anniversary, plus 4 Moodies postcards.

Hackett provides a - brief - contribution to The Moodies piece, as well as turning up elsewhere in the magazine.

Although I was already aware of the Genesis world as a callow schoolboy, via Solsbury Hill in February '77 and of course Follow You Follow Me, I can truly trace my fandom back to teatime on Friday 31 March 1978 and hearing this track for the first time. It's an old hackneyed trope to say "life-changing", yet maybe in this instance it's also true.

Would adore this but very, very unlikely.

I'm still hoping the Mechanics play as much Genesis as possible next year and not just I Can't Dance, Throwing it all Away, Land of Confusion and Invisible Touch).

And, as thewatcher mentions above, a Ray and Steve tour would be fantastic.

Am I alone in wanting to see Mechanics material when I go to see M+Ms? In the same way as I no longer go to see Hackett solo, given the amount of solo material he doesn't perform.

The band is not complete : that’s it.

…. Keyboard, back-up singer, another guitarist will be announced soon.

"Another guitarist"? What makes you think that? It's been a while since we've seen a Dickie Evans multi-instrumentalist type-affair as part of the line-up. (Even accounting for the "authentic" B2F set-up.)

Whilst in no way condoning the Gabriel ticket prices, I really don't think you can compare the cost for one man with a microphone with a full band multi-media visual spectacle.