Posts by JustALawnmower

Wow - what a last show! They were given a really good send off...a fitting end, and some quite emotional moments (in my opinion).

Needless to say, they sounded tight, strong, powerful and LOUD! It's fair to say Phil practically sang himself hoarse....he really went for it for the last show.

They got a standing ovation when they first walked on, before a note was even struck...and the audience remained standing until the end of their applause for TIOA.

Watching Phil air-drum from the back of stage while he watched Nic drumming on 2nd Home By The Sea was one such emotional moment for me. Again, during Firth of Fifth he sat proudly front of stage watching Nic whilst air-drumming along.

Fading Lights got me...the lyrics, as said on here previously, so poignant on the last night. The segue into Afterglow got me again, as did the applause and ovation at the end of Afterglow.

It was a great touch during the band intros to thank the crew, and backstage support, lighting, sound people etc....and it was good to see some of them doing "the walk" across the stage during I Can't Dance. Phil was visibly moved by the prolonged applause during the intros.

IKWIL was a highlight...the crowd were in good voice, and he had fun with it....we even had a 4 finger beat to clap along too.

Throwing It All Away (by no means a favourite of mine) was also poignant....the video screen images showing the band through the ages. I hadnt really noticed it on the previous show I saw (or maybe it just struck me more on the last show ever).

The ovation at the end of the show lasted forever...if they'd come back on for a 2nd encore it still wouldn't have been enough. Everyone on their feet, clapping, cheering, calling for more, with many visibly emotional.

By pure fluke, due to the rearranged dates etc, I was lucky to see the opening night of the tour in Birmingham and, tonight the last ever show...ever.

Its sad and emotional but they had a great send off.....the music and the memories live on.

Genesis...thank you...for everything!

Sorry to hear that - no consolation to you, but mine eventually dropped into the o2 app on Tuesday evening for Saturdays show.

I know I'm an old fart but I'd much prefer to have real-life, hard-copy, proper-printed tickets in my hand than a QR code / ticket on an app!! I'll still be nervous until I'm physically allowed inside the building!!

What are the best recordings on YouTube

Be nice Xmas viewing

Check out this one - really good quality -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Your video footage and audio is extremely high quality...thanks for sharing. Phil's vocals are so much stronger than the early part of the tour (as I predicted in another post somewhere!), and he seems so much more animated in this show. Legend

I'm not sure if you've seen this clip from Detroit 1986. The last part of Supper's Ready. It's awesome!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Agreed....it is awesome...and Phil's vocals are on fire 🔥

I urge everyone to read it, it's hilarious

OMG....it's different that's for sure!! Perhaps it was the reviewers last day and they just thought "what the f..." and wrote that mess!! Or they were given it as a job with absolutely no previous knowledge or connection to the band at all!

Perhaps I'm being too kind......it is surely the worst, most-misunderstood article!!

For me, Driving the Last Spike is the strongest on the album - a really good track musically and lyrically, and was strong when they performed it live. And might be one of their best "story songs"?

Way of the World is up there as a positive, warm up-tempo track, and No Son of Mine is a great track to open the album and has always been good live.

Fading Lights is beautiful...Great lyrics, and great instrumental...but always leaves me feeling poignant and sad!

Some good thought / ideas in there WutheringNights76

I've always liked the idea of a Volcano...Dukes Intro/End...Abacab opener. Or failing that a Dukes Intro...Lamb...Watcher opener. Either would be really powerful.

The acoustic Lovers Leap is a great idea, and I like the inclusion of Apocalypse....and the As Sure As Eggs ending could be achieved by turning up the mix of the backing singers and the audience who would pretty much be singing their hearts out by then to help Phil along.

For me, the best encore would always include I Know What I Like...purely from the audience involvement / singalong / positive vibe point of view.

simoncarbon Thank you. Tonight's the night for me. Did it take long to get through the entrance, do they check every ones phone for covid passes/tests etc.

I am aiming to be there for 7pm.

As we were queueing at the doors they had a hi-vis-wearing "covid marshall" walking down the queue checking everyone's phone for covid pass etc.

Once at the door though, it's literally just a ticket scan and bag / pocket search etc.

Enjoy the show